Note to New Members ×

Input from the community for developing a Alpine Snowboard specific Zipfit liner.

zipfit

Zipfits are too stiff laterally for me for alpine carving. That stiffness is great for skiing. Take that lateral stiffness out and you may have the best liner for carving because the heel hold and toe room are really good. The toe room may even allow you to go down one shell size. 

13 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

Zipfits are too stiff laterally for me for alpine carving. That stiffness is great for skiing. Take that lateral stiffness out and you may have the best liner for carving because the heel hold and toe room are really good. The toe room may even allow you to go down one shell size. 

which model did you use? If you have used one with sidewinder tech then you can be right.

I am using sidewinder with no problem though.

I see that there should be two models, one softer and one with current stiffness.

I feel that GP is stiffer than thermo model, but i like it. It does make my UPZ boot only slightly stiffer than with thermo, using black tongue. I think with gray one i would not feel difference. Need to test one day.

Edited by pokkis

My opinion is all of the two or three top models of Zipfits would be great for skiing where you need lateral stiffness but not for alpine carving and I tried all of them. I wanted to remove the sewn in lateral stiffeners but gave up and went back to my favorite liners, i.e. Deeluxe 131 or 141. 141s are a littler stiffer and excellent for carving...very similar to Intuition Power Wraps. 

Gara with leather cuff did stiffen the boots.

The least stiff model is Diva/Tour with neoprene and a grey plastic cuff. It is ok at my weight 135-140lbs and using MS 951.

I did notice it making the boots a bit stiffer comparing to touring ski boots liner which has a "flexible zone" at the back of the liner

I would like to remove the grey plastic cuff for improvement of flex. Perhaps Zipfit official can advise in this regard the technical feasibility?

Edited by hknz
supplement information

48 minutes ago, Erik J said:

I look for smooth fore and aft movement with stiff lateral flex.

What boots are people riding that flex laterally?

I was surprised at how much more lateral flex my UPZ RC10s had than my previous Deeluxe Track 700s.  That was with the stock liner.  Intuition Power Wrap helped with that, significantly.  My .951 World Cups had the desired lateral stiffness right out of the box, and fore/aft flex smoothly controlled and adjusted by the spring system.

9 hours ago, bigwavedave said:

Yeah, the .951's seem stiffer laterally than my UPZ's (with the regular cuff), and I kinda like it.

@slapos Do you notice any restriction in fore & aft flex with the Grand Prix compared to any other liner?

zipfit with sidewinder i think is the stiffest liner that I had ever. mind you sidewinder tech means that you have got a piece of thin plastic going around the whole outer side/around the back/inner side of the liner:

spacer.png

thats the inner foot side

the outer foot side:

spacer.png

GP with sidewinder is stiffer then upz foam liner or that roxa liner that 951 initially has.

in GP the addtional stiffness doesnt bother me - I feel like its actually better.

I didnt ride without the sidewinder tech - it was recommended to me by a quite good bootfitter who said that for alpine this will be swell.

Mind you I am fan of rather stiff boots.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 12:40 PM, jatkinson said:

For those who have used zipfit...

I have been riding Intuition liners for a few years and keep having the same problem.  Boots are good at the start of the day, but by the end of the day the foam has packed out and I am flopping around inside the boots.  As the liners age, the time to loosen up lessens and I start the day barely able to do up the boots but after 4-6 runs I have tighenened them down 3 notches (which is uncomfortable). By the time i hit 40-50 days the liners are toast.

Intuition has been good and replaced liners for me, but I want a better solution.  Will zipfit work better?

Full disclosure, I am on the large size for a snowboarder so probably load up the boots more than the liners are designed to handle.

I had the same problem& had to ditch those muffin top quitters, deelux & intuitions both packed out fast , especially in stiff boots @240 lbs.

Edited by nitro
edit

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone. Looking for some advice about selecting correct size of the zipfit liners.

I have foot 29cm and deeluxe track 700 boots size 27 and 28 sizes (-2, -1).

When placing my foot inside 27 boots and measuring space I can hardly place 1 finger between shell and ankle.

What size and model of zipfit should I choose?

thanks

Edited by Serajam

11 hours ago, Corey said:

I think with a "hardly place 1 finger" fit, you're best to make friends with a good bootfitter and order the size they suggest. 

If I had a bootfitter in my country I would certainly did as you suggested 🙂

Neither bootfitter nor any kind of liners shop 😄 

18 hours ago, jatkinson said:

Which liners did you end up with?

I think I will be trying Race model 28.5 for my 29 feet.
Will be trying to fit in deeluxe track 700 boots, 27
In case of failure I will try to fit in 28 size so I'm buying additional cork filler in case stock one will be not enough 🙂

I just find that I have a pair of used Zipfit Gara 295 (race model) in my store room. The length is about 30.3cm for its bottom, 30.8cm for its heel. It could fit a 28.5 D700 shell but probably not a 27.5. Message me if you want it cheap.

zipfit295.jpeg

Edited by hknz
correcting measurement
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hknz said:

I just find that I have a pair of used Zipfit Gara 295 (race model) in my store room. The length is about 30.3cm for its bottom, 30.8cm for its heel. It could fit a 28.5 D700 shell but probably not a 27.5. 

Interested if Serajam does not take them. PM 'd.