Note to New Members ×

Input from the community for developing a Alpine Snowboard specific Zipfit liner.

zipfit

I have been having issues with my rear foot (right foot). I added and/or take away Zipfit cork every night after riding and tried different compositions. Too much cork/having cork in the work place squeeze my foot on the side. Having Too light cork cause the back of my ankle rubbed/hit the shell from behind while "pulling" the board.

I end up injecting two tubes of cork (about 30 gram) to the rear liner.

Front liner work well as it is.

5 hours ago, BlueB said:

Amazing, I never knew that, and I rode in those bloody things for many years! 

So where is the injection port? A pic maybe? 

This video (choose video 6/7) shows it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMDTWwAEL2Y&list=PLN5k5K-9e_qySVGawgv-ePwdkazrwIGy4&index=6

Edited by hknz

For those who have used zipfit...

I have been riding Intuition liners for a few years and keep having the same problem.  Boots are good at the start of the day, but by the end of the day the foam has packed out and I am flopping around inside the boots.  As the liners age, the time to loosen up lessens and I start the day barely able to do up the boots but after 4-6 runs I have tighenened them down 3 notches (which is uncomfortable). By the time i hit 40-50 days the liners are toast.

Intuition has been good and replaced liners for me, but I want a better solution.  Will zipfit work better?

Full disclosure, I am on the large size for a snowboarder so probably load up the boots more than the liners are designed to handle.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jatkinson said:

I have been riding Intuition liners for a few years and keep having the same problem.  Boots are good at the start of the day, but by the end of the day the foam has packed out and I am flopping around inside the boots.  As the liners age, the time to loosen up lessens and I start the day barely able to do up the boots but after 4-6 runs I have tighenened them down 3 notches (which is uncomfortable). By the time i hit 40-50 days the liners are toast.

Intuition has been good and replaced liners for me, but I want a better solution.  Will zipfit work better?

Full disclosure, I am on the large size for a snowboarder so probably load up the boots more than the liners are designed to handle.

according to vids in the internet, OMFIT in zipfit expands by approx 10 % with temperature. Never had an issue that I had to buckle more in zipfit.

I had your issue in injection foam liners though.

not sure why some people are reluctant to try these. they cost more or less the same as injection mold foam liners, but imho work much better.

18 hours ago, jatkinson said:

Please check "shell fit" of your boots first and try one size smaller. Very likely they are one or two size (cm) too big.

Zipfit doesnt need to buckle and unbuckle, except for the first one or two rides when the liner is molding to your foot.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:43 PM, zipfit said:

You guys are awesome, thanks for the ideas and for sharing the knowledge. We are taking note. Keep the ideas coming, we are working on a alpine snowboarder liner for next season.

thank you for this!  Count me in for a pair.

shin bang on the back leg is normal occurrence for me but it shouldn't be....
I have around blessed 2 hours where everything was perfect with my liner/boots.
It held my feet in place firmly and supportive. I went through chop up snow not experience pain/jarring/discmofort.
Now that i know what it should feel like would love to have that feet nirvana experience all the time. 
zipfit hopefully is the answer 🙂

IMG_2915.jpg

9 hours ago, pow4ever said:

shin bang on the back leg is normal occurrence for me but it shouldn't be....

Recent project involved increasing the rear binding heel lift to the extent I had no real shin contact while 'at rest'. Meanwhile lowered the internal ramp to maintain the original 9 degree total (7 on binding, 2 on Zeppa).

Interesting results.

5 hours ago, Colozeus said:

Which dealer in Denver should i go to get these fitted?

Can't speak to the Denver options, but if you get back to Aspen, Eric is a zip dealer.

I saw a video about the recommended fitting method of heating the boot shell instead of the liner.  My only experience with customizing liners has been with Deeluxe thermos.  I’ve got some hotspots (navicular bone, base of small toe) that were addressed through heat molding only; no need to punch out shells.

Will the Zipfit method transfer enough heat to the inside of the liner to have the same effect?  

Can the molding process happen more than once (e.g. if one decides to change boot shell models)

12 hours ago, Gabe T said:

I saw a video about the recommended fitting method of heating the boot shell instead of the liner.  My only experience with customizing liners has been with Deeluxe thermos.  I’ve got some hotspots (navicular bone, base of small toe) that were addressed through heat molding only; no need to punch out shells.

Will the Zipfit method transfer enough heat to the inside of the liner to have the same effect?  

Can the molding process happen more than once (e.g. if one decides to change boot shell models)

From my experience, the heat transfer is not enough for the very first molding. However, nothing stops you from doing it twice or more times until you feel comfortable. Zipfit can be molded as many times as you want. I also mold it again every morning (if I have time) using boiling water with a plastic bag.

Changing boot shell also works like that.

Welcome zipfit! Great to see you taking note of a small and very specialized community like ours! 

I am actually planning on being in the market for a pair of zipfits once my current liners are done which will likely be the end of this season, so I am looking forward to these alpine spesific ones! 

For me, I have a very high arch and instep with small ankles. I have always had a difficult time with getting my feet to have good heel hold but not have circulation cut off where my toes go numb. My current solution is custom footbeds with intuition pro wrap liners for their non-existent sole, and I smashed the top pretty thin too in the molding. They work ok, far better than the other half dozen or so options I have tried, but I notice them pack out after some time, and even with them I have to un buckle to reduce (not get rid of) cold toes. 

I have had more success overall with wraps but could go with tounge liners too as long as they are thin. I think it is important to consider the flex of the hard snowboard boots is fore and aft, and having a way to adjust that flex while maintaining heel hold (and in my case atleast, maximum instep volume) would be great. 

@slapos submitted this photo of how tall the ZipFit Grand Prix is in a .951 boot. The height looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't want it taller (or shorter).

The Intuition liners I've tried in the .951's, Luxury (lace-up tongue) & Alpine wrap are shorter than the Grand Prix's and are also shorter than the stock .951 liners. I wish they were taller. The Luxury's heel hold is just okay for me for now, so a pair of ZipFits may be in my future.

Does anyone know if the Grand Prix will make the boot feel stiffer? I, for one would not like the liner to change the stiffness of the boot. Changing out the boot springs can do that.

As others have said, a liner that works with the forward flex of an alpine snowboard boot and retains the heel hold that ZipFit's are known for. 

Maybe the Grand Prix is already it?

Oh, the only ZipFit dealer in Minnesota (Hi Tempo) no longer sells them. Can they be mail ordered? Where's the best contact for that? I received no response from the ZipFit website.