Note to New Members ×

Input from the community for developing a Alpine Snowboard specific Zipfit liner.

zipfit

On 10/14/2020 at 10:26 AM, jatkinson said:

Which liners did you end up with?

I originally thought the flo liners that came with my upz boots were terrible, turns out they were 1 size to small from the factory. I ended up getting a flo liner out of a upz boot 1 size larger & they fit my boots much better. I used my molded insoles & did some easy mods with a little padding over the top of the foot& the shin bone, was very happy after that , no more numb toes, squish or slip. They arent the warmest liners tho, so on cold days I just add a hot hands toe warmer under the boot tongue.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2020 at 3:42 AM, zipfit said:

I have had a few messenger chats with a few riders that are currently using zipfit liners in their hard shell boots with great success but knowing that this community is a demanding underserved market we have thought of opening up a feedback line with users like you to develop something specific for your sport.

Please share your ideas. We are listening, and motivated to launch something reflecting your input for next season.

Check out zipfit.eu if you have not done so yet to see that zipfits are all about.

Looking forward to hearing your comments and becoming the reference suppler of after market boot liners for alpine snowboarding moving forward.

Tried the Grand Prix (without sidewinder) and, for me, they stiffen the forward flex of my boots (MountainSlope.951) too much. Great heel hold and most comfortable fit ever. Lateral stiffness is fine, but I would like to see easier forward flex, as that is fine tuned by changing springs on the shell.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought these from Le Feet Lab at the end of last season. They were supposed to be the GrandPrix/Free Ride model. They turned out to be LeFeetLab's own custom version without full lace up! I was unable to stuff them into my shells without being laced up. LeFeet Lab never returned my calls about exchanging them for the normal laceup version. So, this Fall I got out my sailor's palm and awl and some whipping thread, and sewed some webbed loops for laces and installed longer laces with slide stops.

Only then was I able to ride them to find out they were stiffer than I liked. Since I'd already made them mine, I decided to go ahead with some surgery to try increasing the flex. I cut the stitching that anchors the stiff plastic cuff into the heel of the liner. I know, sacrilege. :eek: But desperate times call for desperate measures... And it worked!

I did not cut stitching forward of where you see the knife.

IMG_5418.JPG.6f0ed4184a720b90ddb98f2b3b927bd9.JPGIMG_5417.JPG.a53958f47bc1fac8194bede711ec5a48.JPG

I used contact cement to glue the black textured rubber back to the green plastic cuff and then tucked the tabs back into the leather slits so everything would stay put going in & out of the shells.

IMG_5419.JPG.3da95ab99a569ab3896b86b3001ab910.JPG

It increased the forward flex just enough. I'm an oddball here in that I like a softer and greater forward flex than most. For comparison, this boot/liner combo is a bit stiffer (especially laterally) than my UPZ10's with Alpine wraps and DGSS springs.

The other reason I'm posting is to say that these are the most comfortable liners I've ever worn. No issues, no minor discomfort anywhere, great heel hold, roomy toes. I even had enough room in the floppy lamb's wool toes to put some hand warmers in there on a subzero day. I'm just not aware that they're there at all. And at the end of the day, there's no sigh of relief when I free my feet.

I have been starting each day with the boots warmed so they mold to my feet. The fit seems to remain unchanged through the day. The moldable cork material doesn't seem to move around or pack out while riding. :biggthump

Edited by bigwavedave
added details
  • Like 1

bigwavedave, you are not the only one here preferring softer forward flex. Me too! Thanks for posting your surgery done to the liner. I will most likely do as well.

I dont understand why your liner is not "full lace up" version. Could you show a photo of the front?

7 hours ago, hknz said:

bigwavedave, you are not the only one here preferring softer forward flex. Me too! Thanks for posting your surgery done to the liner. I will most likely do as well.

I dont understand why your liner is not "full lace up" version. Could you show a photo of the front?

I didn't think to take photos until after my alterations. In the picture below you see the lowest 2 lace eyelets--that was all they had, with very short laces. I sewed on the purple webbed lace loops and got longer paracord laces.

IMG_5560.JPG.0d66dd99c819a9c7e8ac73973c3e7ef8.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi I'm new here. Come here to learn about what liner to buy. I have been in a pair of Burton reactor for ...so many years I don't remember, maybe 20(?). The problem has been that here in Sweden there is no retailer to buy boots from and it's not so easy to buy boots over the net. Anyway my boots are falling apart (pic) and I had to do something. So for this season I bought a pair of MountainSlope .951 from I-Carve (very good help from Ivan to find the right ones for me). The shell works great but the liner had to go, it was too long for the shell so the toepart wrinkled and made the boot too small for me. Tried with a Lange liner but got so much pain in my shin. So now I have my old Reactor liner in there. I find my MS boots quite hard in the flex and I don't want them to become stiffer by a stiff liner. Of course all liners make the boots stiffer, more or less, but it is good to be aware of the difference. Yes – I am also prefer softer flex, so thanks for the info in this thread that the Zipfit makes them stiffer. Hm, this is not easy... 

IMG_1601.jpeg

Edited by Monfrino

2 hours ago, Monfrino said:

Hi I'm new here. Come here to learn about what liner to buy. I have been in a pair of Burton reactor for ...so many years I don't remember, maybe 20(?). The problem has been that here in Sweden there is no retailer to buy boots from and it's not so easy to buy boots over the net. Anyway my boots are falling apart (pic) and I had tom do something. So for this season I bought a pair of MountainSlope .951 from I-Carve (very good help from Ivan to find the right ones for me). The shell works great but the liner had to go, it was too long for the shell so the toepart wrinkled and made the boot too small for me. Tried with a Lange liner but got so much pain in my shin. So now I have my old Reactor liner in there. I find my MS boots quite hard in the flex and I didn't want them stiffer by a stiff liner. Of course all liners make the boots stiffer but it is good to be aware of the difference. Yes – I am also prefer softer flex, so thanks for the info in this thread that the Zipfit makes them stiffer. Hm, this is not easy... 

I used Intuition Luxury liners and did not make the MS.951 stiffer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have a problem with my zipfit world cup.
When pushing my rear leg forward (while riding) I have excessive heel pressure where the bone touches liner which causes pain 😞 
No such problem with intuitions but bad heel hold 🙄

Any idea how this can be fixed?

I ride track 700. 

Thanks

Edited by Serajam

On 1/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, Serajam said:

When pushing my rear leg forward (while riding) I have excessive heel pressure where the bone touches liner which causes pain 😞 

I ride track 700. 

Thanks

I had the same problem as you. Ankle bone of the rear leg hurt. Slim Ankle! Adding more zipfit material does NOT help. Instead, adding a standardbutterfly or a half-butterfly (i.e. a reverse U-shape) shim pad helps. And you may need to remove some zipfit material by doing so.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:29 AM, hknz said:

I had the same problem as you. Ankle bone of the rear leg hurt. Slim Ankle! Adding more zipfit material does NOT help. Instead, adding a standardbutterfly or a half-butterfly (i.e. a reverse U-shape) shim pad helps. And you may need to remove some zipfit material by doing so.

Would you please tell me where I can get this pads. Thanks

Edited by Serajam

• 8 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 3:20 AM, Serajam said:

I ride track 700. 

Thanks

I am going to try this before adding omfit to my zipfits as I have the same issue as you on my back heel. I use custom cut foam attached to my zipfits as my bootfitter had a hard time getting the omfit cork material last season.

https://patriotfootbeds.com/products/liner-sleeve

• 3 weeks later...

Hope they fit Jack. Zips are the first liner that I forgot I was wearing them. Highly recommend using a heated boot bag. Happy feet!

Your post made me check out their new website and they apparently have developed another new model that might work for us less aggressive none-racing carvers. The GFT, designed with more forward flex to work with AT boots. It's also low volume to start. You can add cork to increase volume.

They're not available until December.

https://www.zipfit.com/ski-boot-liners/gft-ski-boot-liners/

image.png.3a2037479ab8fb10cd32f3c2b4338d4d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1