Note to New Members ×

WTB First Hardboot Setup

Justin

Looking to buy a complete hardboot setup to up my beer league standings and unsure what to look for exactly. 

Weight: 185

Height: 6'0"

Foot size: 10.5 - 11 US 

Currently I ride an F2 Eliminator soft boot setup with Salomon Malamutes, and union charger bindings, the stiffest setup I could find but my feet are a little too big for the board width.

Hi Justin, and welcome.

Your profile lists a 166cm carbon eliminator. That should be a great board for softboot carving and be able to be hardboot carved as well.

From your post above I assume you're riding a duck foot or similar stance. Look at the Video thread on Softboot carving worth watching to see some great carving and a range of softboot stances.

Consider adding a third strap to your soft boot bindings for greater support. There are a few threads here about that. @softbootsurfer is an expert in this kind of setup.

Consider messaging Jack Michaud who runs this site and is a Sugarloaf rider. Jack is a great ambassador for this sport.

To go to a hardboot setup you could just buy 2nd hand boots and bindings. But the technique is a little different to what your used to and the learning curve might not produce the result you want for quite a while.

Edited by SunSurfer

On 1/25/2020 at 5:48 AM, Justin said:

Looking to buy a complete hardboot setup to up my beer league standings and unsure what to look for exactly. 

Weight: 185

Height: 6'0"

Foot size: 10.5 - 11 US 

Currently I ride an F2 Eliminator soft boot setup with Salomon Malamutes, and union charger bindings, the stiffest setup I could find but my feet are a little too big for the board width.

For starters, try cranking your angles to about 35/25. It might ve enough to overcome tge overhang and you'll get a taste of a stance close to alpine. 

• Like 1