Note to New Members ×

Last minute Decision about boots

Guest astan100

Guest astan100

Well, it seems like someone up there favors me...the bomber store just threw up all their boots on sale.

Should I get the Deeluxe Lemans or Deeluxe Suzukas?

I'm going to be riding an All-Mountain board for a little while and the price difference is minimal. I would like to be able to do some moguls etc. on my alpine board or on my freestyle board with hard boots, so is it a good call to get the Lemans?

Or do I get the Suzukas now and leave that top clasp undone when I'm not pushing really hard?

I'm leaning towards the Lemans.

-Allen

... get the LeMans and then add either a Booster Strap or find a set of used race tongues (from a set of 225's or 325's) if you decide later they are not stiff enough.

Or... go based on your foot width. Wider feet? Go Suzuka. Narrower feet? Go LeMans.

I haven't ridden the Suzuka yet, but I really don'ty feel the need to try them since I like softish boots.

go suzukas if you have a relatively narrow forefoot.

I just got a set of INdys, and I ride fine in the bumps with them with the race tongues; no problem at all. Not sure why you would undo buckles of anything; get them set right, and put an RAB on, then let the spring do the work.

My friend has a set of the lemans, and it looks to me that the design of the suzuka/indy is a little better if you modify the RAB and bolt that on (and get rid of the 5 position thing at the back).

Just my opinion - whichever fits better is the way to go....

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by mirror70

They're on sale, so get both. :D :D

The boy has a point. Check with Fin/Michelle on the return policy. Assuming its the normal one, buy both and keep the pair that fits better/feels better. Just do everyone a favor and send back the rejects ASAP so someone else in your situation doesn't get the story that they are sold out of the size.

Usually Bomber has a pretty flexible policy on this. You just pay the return shipping cost on the pair you don't keep. Not a bad deal really. Cheaper than driving to Colorado.

Originally posted by Randy S.

The boy has a point. Check with Fin/Michelle on the return policy. Assuming its the normal one, buy both and keep the pair that fits better/feels better. Just do everyone a favor and send back the rejects ASAP so someone else in your situation doesn't get the story that they are sold out of the size.

Usually Bomber has a pretty flexible policy on this. You just pay the return shipping cost on the pair you don't keep. Not a bad deal really. Cheaper than driving to Colorado.

I second Randy's opinion. I bought the Lemans Size 25, only to find out they were too big for me. I returned them to Bomber without a problem... but in the meantime the size 24 sold out! I should have bought both and returned the one that didn't fit!

Guest astan100

The bomber website itself says that it is really hard to tell anything from an unmolded liner though. So if I buy both, what tests would I do?

I might just go with the Lemans and get a booster strap/racing tongue if I get a little more hardcore. This is my first set of everything, so I'm going to be hard pressed to notice real differences I think for another season or two anyway.

Anymore thoughts?

I can't stress how awesome this forum is. You guys have been super helpful. I'm actually a moderator on a car forum (m3forum.com), so I can really appreciate a cool set of helpful, informed people.

Again, you guys rule!

Originally posted by astan100

The bomber website itself says that it is really hard to tell anything from an unmolded liner though. So if I buy both, what tests would I do?

I might just go with the Lemans and get a booster strap/racing tongue if I get a little more hardcore. This is my first set of everything, so I'm going to be hard pressed to notice real differences I think for another season or two anyway.

If you look at the bottom of any page in the store. You will see a link to the Boot FAQ lists a way to "guess" if the boots are going to fit without molding.

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/shell_test.cfm

Guest astan100

I'm thinking that since they are both Deeluxe brand, they will have the same shell length, right?

I wish there was a good way to know how well these things will fit in case my feet are too wide etc.

Oh well, I think I'll take the chance...wish me luck guys and this weekend, I will officially be an Hardbooter!!!!

you know...no offense intended to the bomber crew as they are cool as fck, but...

if youre gonna buy the Lemans, you could buy a higher end SB series, OR hell...even an AF series boot, save TONS of cash, and figure out what it is you need in the meantime

you dont need to buy brand new to get performance.

an SB413 boot for a not super heavy beginner will be PLENTY of boot! Get the right size, of course (me personally, after reading a bit here, I think one should go to a boot fitter or even a shoe store to determine the proper size) and give it a shot!

if youre lookin for a 27..thats a fairly common size, and finding used in that size shouldnt be too much of an issue. If youre in a hurry, buying from a well stocked shop is a great option but if you can hang on a bit, well...

I just upgraded from my SB324's (older Lemans) to a pair of Suzukas. I learned on the 324's and rode them for the past 5 years. I never had any problems with the 324's--no major issues with the cants or buckles. The 324's were a nice boot to learn on. I found the flex to be more forgiving especially compared to my new boots. If the boots you're purchasing are your first pair of hardboots and you're on the lighter side, you may have more fun with the Lemans. Also, you may find that they will better complement your all-mountain board and the type of terrain you want to ride.

I love my new Suzukas, but I'm hoping to visit the bootfitter this week to dial things in and make some minor modifications. The stock footbeds are flimsy and the power strap (which is threaded through the rear cuff of the boot liner) is digging into my calves. A Thermo liner may be a necessity as well.

I have a recommendation for you:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=44435#post44435

Scroll down to Kirk's post from this AM.

The 225's are an older model but a nice compromise between the

LeMans and Suzuka. Ask Kirk if they still have both sets of tongues. The stiffer set will make them about as stiff as a Suzuka or so I am told, the softer set makes them softer than a Suzuka but stiffer than a LeMans. Parts are readily avaialble here at the Bomber store, and unless you crack the shell you can keep these going for a long, long time.

The 225's and 325's, which are virtually identical, are my favorite boots.

Guest astan100

Alright guys, I decided last night to just buy the lemans online...I don't know that I want to deal with that potential cant adjuster problem with a used set of boots. I know that my new pair might have the exact same problem, but it'll probably be longer until that happens.

Eventually, I'll probably look into stiffer tongues and probably eventually just stiff race boots, but for now...I'm happy with something a little more easy going.

Remember... n00b. :)

Thanks again everyone for all the help and hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys next season to start perfecting my style!!!