Note to New Members ×

S5 hardboot - Korean

slapos

51 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

The long green are much stiffer than the long red.  I looked on the site... only short ones... interesting.... Thanks for the 411

Not sure where I got the greens. Must have come in the box, as 951 greens are finger bend soft.

49 minutes ago, Lurch said:

@slapos / @lonbordin for context of the impeding torture test, assume these bad boys are the regular flex (not the World Cup) ? 

World cup did not exist when I ordered these, mind you they came with super stiff tongues and stiff springs. 

I judged them to be stiffer then upz rcr If adjusted properly.

Now you got me wondering whether I should get another pair but smaller this time....

How am I supposed to save any money with you ?

Edited by slapos
  • Haha 1

@lonbordin

In the photos it looks to me like the midfoot width is much larger than UPZ. Is that noticeable in fit? 

Are you using Intuition Plug Race liners? Minus the 7mm foam insole slab?

Do the TD3 toe bails bind on the sides of the boot toe? I have that problem with my UPZ already (depends on which generation of bail).

Very interested to hear the ride report! Thanks for the information @slaposand @lonbordin

1 hour ago, slapos said:

Not sure where I got the greens. Must have come in the box, as 951 greens are finger bend soft.

World cup did not exist when I ordered these, mind you they came with super stiff tongues and stiff springs. 

I judged them to be stiffer then upz rcr If adjusted properly.

Now you got me wondering whether I should get another pair but smaller this time....

How am I supposed to save any money with you ?

LOL.  I'm guessing @slapos might have a few loose springs lying about under a stack of boards and plates. 🤣

lSjivqR.jpg
These greens are much stiffer than those reds. 

I agree properly buckled these are stiffer than the UPZ RCR based on my carpet carving.

1 hour ago, teach said:

@lonbordin

In the photos it looks to me like the midfoot width is much larger than UPZ. Is that noticeable in fit? 

Are you using Intuition Plug Race liners? Minus the 7mm foam insole slab?

Do the TD3 toe bails bind on the sides of the boot toe? I have that problem with my UPZ already (depends on which generation of bail).

Very interested to hear the ride report! Thanks for the information @slaposand @lonbordin

The S5s are much wider throughout than the UPZs.  I can only wear UPZs, without crying, after boot work.  I have some plug Intuitions but no I'm using an ancient pair of DeeLuxe tongue liners that are embarrassing... pretty worn out with little support.  I do have some sweet custom insoles inside.  (I've got some replacement liners on order)

I've not tried it on my TD3 SWs Gen.?...  hang on... (goes downstairs....) 
I7puftJ.jpg
No issues...

• Like 1

FWIW these are called “die springs”. As their name implies they are used for dies and plastic injection molds. 
McMaster and Grainger are good sources but I’ve found them on Amazon and eBay.

They are usually color coded according to either an ISO or JIS spec. Google is your friend here. 

image.jpeg.d939389689da07eac386330f1ce4c93f.jpeg

• Like 3

I posted this earlier in regard to MS springs:

"Oh, and 16mmx 38mm is 5/8" x 1.5" if anyone is looking. 

Doing some quick math, it looks like blue metric is a touch softer than blue imperial, and red imperial is a touch softer than red metric.

RM(221 lbs/in)->RI(190lbs/in)->BI(108lbs/in)->BM(104lbs/in)

Greens are not comparable- Green Metric is extra light, and Green Imp. is extra heavy."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beckmann AG said:

Nice writeup Dave. Looking forward to the ride report.

Encouraging to see an option for tunable ramp angle. I'm presently at 5.1 front, 3.8 rear.

Thank you E., much obliged. I hope you are finding your northern location suitable.

I too am looking forwards to riding... I was hoping today would be possible but life got in the way.

951, S5, Atomic Backlands... It's an exciting time in the world of hardbooting.  I doubt it will get UPZs to use better plastics or DeeLuxe to actually make a heel pocket in their last (and use better plastics) but one can hope.

• 1 month later...

I got to ride them on two short days at Vail. The conditions were bad both days.  I used my UPZs the rest of the days.  I was riding with my son (a very rapid skier) and I wanted to be less focused on my equipment and just focusing on making good turns and keeping up.  Also I setup my Nirvana and F2s for the S5s and my Donek (TD3sws and Geckos setup for my UPZs) was the board for conditions (highly variable).

What do I know?  The toe buckle is not required for me, I removed it.  They are more stiff than my UPZs.  I kinda' wished I kept my BTS springs.  So much easier to adjust than the stock springs as Slapos mentioned in the first review.  I actually went down to softer springs (first time ever for me).  I felt confidently held by the shells/liners (Zipfit WCs).  The rubber sole is waaay different than UPZs and the boot can be slippery.  That said the heel actually being back towards the heel makes up for it a bit.  (Definitely walk differently than UPZ boots!)

I need to work on:

-cuff angles
-the right springs ( I think I went too light)
-a little more room for my big toes

My hats off to anyone who does this kind of fiddling at big resorts.  It is sooooo much easier to make adjustments at my little bump. I walk 50 feet to the car, make changes, and right back out.

I'm happy with my purchase and look forward to dialing them in next season. :biggthump

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

After yesterday and 6 hours straight in the boots I consider my transition complete.  I'll keep my UPZs as a backup pair for now but I plan on purchasing a second set of S5s for backup, so I don't have to worry about boots for perhaps the rest of my riding career.

They have made changes in the current model according to their website which I will summarize here:

1. made the boots hinge part stronger. replaced the existing 6mm nut with an 8mm heat treated nut.
2. improved the processing of the spring bundle friction part at the back of the boot to work smoothly.

3. The spring lengths were lengthened.

BTW- this Google translation kills:  in particular, the use of the finest plastics made in Germany is flexible and structurally hard, which has the advantage of smooth turns and a lot of deck blades in the sudden death. I’d love to know exactly what the finest plastics mean and what a lot of deck blades in the sudden death mean.  Definitely want to avoid sudden death!!!

I’m riding these boots with two liners.
Liner one is flimsy padding from an old DeeLuxe boot which softens the boot considerably for riding in soft/slushy conditions.  Everything feels great. I do have to go the extra buckle notch for a solid heel hold but when I’m riding really soft stuff, I really don’t need that level of fit.

Liner two is a Zip-Fit Gara Stealth which stiffens the boot considerably and I use for hard/icy snow conditions.  I’ve never felt my heel being LOCKED in before.  I thought I had, but I was wrong.  This is Achilles tendon stretching levels of hold, it’s unbelievable.  The boot and this liner just work.  Honestly it affected my riding for several runs.

I have “normal” dorsiflexion, but I do have a bone spur in my right ankle that starts to yell at me when I get too far forward so I’m looking for the ability to control the amount that my rear boot flexes.  I want more resistance as I approach the 20+ degree range to keep the yelling to a minimum.  I am able to do this with the stock setup.

Some negatives-
The hinge screws were WAY too tight when I got the boots from the previous owner.  Even with the springs completely out the boot hardly flexed, and it was squeaking considerably when it did.  I have loosened them so that this allowed the boot to flex easier.  That said the boot still does not flex as freely as I would like.  I’m going to spend a little more time on this, especially since the manufacturer has upgraded the hinge screws in the newest model. I will do the same.

The screw/spring portion as highlighted in the earlier review by the previous owner is difficult to work with… ok, it’s a pain in the @ss.  I have reached out to Drupi to purchase a DGSS system (the Deeluxe system should work) to eliminate this issue.  I really want to control my movement fore and aft in a more discrete manner than the stock system allows.  Also, the portion of the stock spring system hangs on the screw threads making a clicking noise and wearing on the parts.  It sounds like they have addressed that in the latest model but from all I’ve read and seen Drupi’s DGSS system is the smoothest flexing system available by far so I’m going to just go for the replace strategy.

The boot plastic shows scuffs and interplay with the F2 bindings. 

I wished the boots came in black and in size 29 MP.  I’d wager I could fit into a 29 MP S5 with zero boot work.  Maybe they’ll make one for me (that’s crazy talk).

Google Translation (it’s a wild ride and there’s a lot of unsupported opinion from the manufacturer)-
ORIGIN: KOREA S5 (KOREA-EU ORIGIN EXPORTER CERTIFIED) KOREA PRODUCTION CERTIFIED. PLASTIC (GERMANY), BUCKLE (ITALY), INJECTION (CHINA), ASSEMBLY PRODUCTION SOUTH KOREA (S5)

21/22 new products

S5 HARDBOOTS PRODUCTION HAS BEEN FIVE YEARS.

based on the data accumulated over the years, we have created better products.

1. i made the boots hinge part stronger. replaced the existing 6mm thorn nut with 8mm (heat treatment), prevented the thorn nut bending, wide area crimping of plastic and strong loosening. approximately 4-5 times durability improvement. it is the most balance-free product.

2. improved the processing of the spring bundle friction part at the back of the boot to work smoothly.

3. THE SPRING LENGTH AT THE BACK OF THE BOOT IS LONGER. S5 BOOTS CAN REPLACE SPRINGS OF VARYING LENGTHS AND STRENGTHS. THE MOVEMENT IS SMOOTH BECAUSE THE FRONT AND BACK SPRING LENGTHS ARE THE LONGEST AMONG CONVENTIONAL ALPINE BUTTS.

note that last year's test showed that the longer and softer the spring, the better the movement when riding and the better it is for extreme riding. in particular, the use of the finest plastics made in germany is flexible and structurally hard, which has the advantage of smooth turns and a lot of deck blades in the sudden death.

the most flex made with good boots. in particular, the rear flex spring is very good by replacing it with a long spring. very effective at the gate. in particular, components (paid) can be added to allow free adjustment of the tongue, cuff software, midium and hard flex.

THE S5 BOOTS ARE MADE OF GERMAN-GRADE PLASTIC, MAKING THEM FLEXIBLE AND STRUCTURALLY HARD TO RIDE, TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR AND GRIPPY.

THE S5 BOOTS ARE NORTHWAVE RENEWAL (THE BASIC SHAPE AND FUNCTION ARE THE SAME AS NORTHWAVE)  

1. S5 Lowshell 240 (272), 250 (282), 260 (292)... Made in 10mm increments. Two mermaid size use for one shell. Example) 250 (272) shell has a high fit for 250,255 mermaids. 

Northwave, UPZ uses 3 mermaid psys in 1 shell in 15mm increments, e.g.) B shell 250,260,265

2. S5 backhoe binding does not enter inside. The structure of the cuff is very thick and the structure of the lever one-way front-turn front-turn is a structure that can build up a lot of the day of the carbing deck with a structure that is relatively responsive and strong grip on the front turn because the material is flexible and can be pressurized at the front pressurization, while the material is flexible and can be pressurized. (Note that the heel is pressed with a heel, so a much stronger grip appears than the front. The S5 boots have a stable and strong front-end boots, and a stable strong grip design with good balance on the front and hilton) especially designed to fit the F2 bindings, reducing mistakes, increasing power transfer and responsiveness, and allowing you to build more edges.

3. durable, no backlog, very good quality of parts.

4. the floor slope (slope) inside the boot is low, no forwards, and it is easy to ride.

5. THE LOWSHELL (INSIDE THE BOOT) IS DESIGNED TO MAKE EVERYONE FEEL THE BEST FIT AND COMFORT WITH EXCELLENT TECHNOLOGY, AND IT IS DESIGNED TO BE A TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR AND SMOOTH TURN WHEN RIDING. ESPECIALLY THE FLAT FEET, THE INSTEPS ARE HIGH, THE FEET ARE WIDE, THE HEGE DOLE, AND THE THICKER ONES ARE COMFORTABLE. A VARIETY OF MERMAIDS AND INSOLES CAN ALSO BE SET OPTIMALLY. NOTE THAT THE INSOLE REDUCES THE POWER TRANSFER AND COMFORT OF THE FOOT AND PREVENTS THE BURNING OF THE HEEL. THE S5 HARD BOOTS ARE SAID TO BE THE MOST COMFORTABLE OF THE HARD BOOTS WITH SKIS. MANY PEOPLE ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THAN SOFT BOOTS FOR THE FREEBOARD.

6. designed to have the highest level of boot power transfer with the highest height of the cuffs because the tilt of the inner insole backsole of the boots is low and deep. soft, midium, hard and berry hard setable (4 types of tongue strength, 3 cuff strengths, various spring lengths and strengths available).

7. foreground angle spring adjustment very simple principle spring strength adjustment and spring change of various lengths and strengths

8. buckle and wire length adjustment is possible freely adjustable in various lengths, even for those with high insteps and wide feet can be easily used.

9. DESIGNED TO MATCH F2 BINDINGS, IT'S PERFECTLY CONTROLLED, REDUCES MISTAKES, AND ALLOWS YOU TO QUICKLY GET MORE EDGES AND CRY. IN PARTICULAR, EVEN IF THE BINDING BUCKLE WAS NOT STRONGLY PLACED, THERE WAS NO PLAY, SO THE BUCKLE DID NOT NEED TO BE STRONGLY BUCKLED AND THERE WAS LITTLE BINDING BREAKAGE.

THE S5 WORLD CUP MODEL HAS BEEN TESTED BY EUROPEAN WORLD CUP RIDERS, AND THE "BOOTS LIKE THE S5 ARE THE FIRST" REACTION IS FAST, EDGE CHANGE FAST AND POWER TRANSFER BOOTS.

THE S5 BOOTS ARE QUICK TO REACT TO THE FRONT TURN BY RENEWING THE NORTHWAVE BOOTS, LOWERING THE HEEL OF THE INNER INSOLE. YOU CAN SET THE FRONT EDGE ANGLE RELATIVELY HIGH. THE HIGHER THE EDGE ANGLE, THE FASTER IT WILL BE. THE S5 BOOTS ARE DESIGNED TO FIT WELL WITH THE F2 BINDING. THE CONTROLS ARE ACCURATE AND THE MISTAKES ARE RELATIVELY SMALL BY REDUCING PLAY. IT IS THE MOST COMFORTABLE BOOT AND THE DURABILITY IS ALSO TOP NOTCH.

The S5 Alpine boots are slightly different from traditional Alpine boots. It's designed to be comfortable under the ankle, and the ankle bottlenecks are designed to be hand-picked, so it's less hilarious and easier to foot. The same functional design of the north wave shape results in good force transfer and grip. It is particularly responsive because it fits well with F2 bindings. (Note that Northwave boots are boots designed before F2 binding became commonplace, with F2 bindings and play, and high boot color height (liftkant))

The lowshell of the boot is 20% thicker than northwave overall. Plastics are made of Germany, but the structural design (hardness) is stronger, so that when pressurized, the lowshell is not bent, the force transfer is strong and the reaction is fast.

Note that when pressurizing the foreground of the boot, the flex can be set hard rather than ski boots and has a better grip. If you set the foreground angle spring bundle hard and set the foreground angle, the legs are trying to bend when riding, but the boots are not bowed forward, so the heel of the foot may be pressurized and hurt.

Foreground bundles are compatible with many, including spring bundles, deluxe bundles, indie spring bundles, and all canonic bundles available for deluxe boots.

It is designed to be easy to use for those with thicker insteps, flat feet, hemp bone, and hyperlipidemia.

The backhoe height of the insole on the inside of the boot is designed to be 8 mm lower than the North Wave, so when the boots are set to 90 degrees, the natural posture is as comfortable as wearing sneakers without throwing forward. (Note that during alpine boots, the height of the boots is the deluxe 700 model, followed by the S5 boots.)

The fitting design of the S5 boots is designed so that the top of the lowshell is designed to be high in the shape of a pulley ear, such as a northwave, and the ankle comfortably holds the neck of the bottle, while the under-ankle (football, instep, sole) is designed so that the carbing turn is soft and the sneakers feel as comfortable as it is. Because the entire ankle is secured by hand by holding the neck of the bottle by hand, the feet are not hilarious, and the cuffs and tongue are soft enough to make 360-degree smooth movements on the left and right when riding, while the structure is hard and smooth, and the performance is technically excellent. Has.

Note that the S5 boots are made by renewing northwave boots by commissioning an experienced factory that produced the most ski boots, making them the best fit. The most convenient foot-shaped wood was selected by psys, and the formwork was made and scaled and made by cyz, each of which has a wrong fit, a good fit (fit feeling), the plastic is made of Germany, the buckle is made of Italian buckle manufacturers and is made strong with a high-strength product design.

The mermaid boots are slim and fitted, reinforced with the back of the mermaid boots to make them feel comfortable and fit with the boots.

NoteNoswave

Alpine Boots has been used by many World Cup athletes and Olympians for over a decade, and we took advice from domestic users with a plan to produce boots two years ago after seeing them purchased and used at high prices at foreign auction sites.

The opinion of those who used NorthWave Alpine boots in Korea was that the second-hand superlative version entered about 5 million won.

Northwave users, on the other hand, have informed us that boots also have their drawbacks.

Northwave boots have three pieces of air boots in one outshell, boots are big.

That's why we've renewed and designed these shortcomings one by one.

The NorthWave copyboots we produce are low-shell (272,282, 292,302) to increase the fit.

The binding hanging part on the back of the boot does not go inwards, so it is easy to check when wearing binding, and the lever principle is for stronger foreground presses and rhythms.

It is designed so that the thickness of the lowshell and tongue can be increased by 20%, so that the strength of the material can be increased even further, especially when pressurized, so that the front spacing of the lowshell and tongue can be quickly and strongly powered.

When the foreground angle of the boot is set, it is made to move above 90 degrees, and above all, it makes the depth inside the heel deeper, so that the height of the boot's heel is lowered, making the posture comfortable in the natural position. In other words, when the boots are set at 90 degrees, the forward swing is small, as is the case with sneakers. Note that this year's newUPZ also released a 3 mm lower heel.

The boots we produce have made the fit less comfortable, but we've seen a lot of people who are sweating because of their boots for 20 years, and they know the sickness and cause, so the S5 boots renewed the Northwave to make it look similar, but the fit is slightly different. In particular, in order to increase the fit feeling, we made a foot-shaped shawl for each psys, made a formwork, skkened it, assigned it to the boot, tested it, and made the mold by modifying it before making the mold, and there was a mold correction to increase the fit even when the sample was finished. It is made with excellent carbing techniques easily. I've heard rumors from people who are thinking about it, and I've worn it a lot, so I can tell you with confidence, we started developing boots before Mountain Slop, and we had a long time to design, mold, and modify our products. When we designed it, the mountain slop was a boot that we didn't have and we couldn't reference it. I hope there is no misunderstanding.

Some of the professional athletes have gone abroad this year and tested it, and some say that the technique that was not traditional alpine boots was possible with the S5 Alpine boots.

Answer to the foreground inquiry of the boot.

In order to be at the level of World Cup players, it is sports physiology (exercise life) that I had to study for a long time, and most of them translated foreign books.

Exercise Physiology is a book that describes the energy that is important for exercise and various exercise life such as restorative neuromuscular and menstrual training.

How good is the foreground angle of alpine boots?

Alpine riding is also a power game, a game of muscle strength, exercise, equipment selection and setting, technique and weight training and experience.

For example, when lifting a barbell, the angle of the arm is the greatest force at right angles (120 degrees), too bent (30 degrees) or too unexploded (180 degrees) to exert 30% force at 120 degrees.

In the case of the lower body, the joint angle that can hold up the greatest force is the standing position.

The front foot is an axis for snowboard alpine riding, where the joint angle and muscle contraction level depending on the foreground angle of

the boot are constricted or stretched. That's why it's recommended to be vertically (90 degrees) on the deck, because the back foot is a foot that supports the front foot, so use the lift kant and tilt the foreground angle over the forefoot.

The S5 boots are ergonomically designed to allow for foreground setting of the most powerful sections, so many people are looking forward to improving their skills.

Europe's World Cup gold medallists (Slovenia) and Olympic gold medallists have tested and are listening to the comments.

◆The defect occurrence of the product production is free A/S for three years.

◆When you purchase a product, we will deliver the most suitable psys through a telephone consultation.

◆All products purchased from us are covered by 200 million product liability insurance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Super interesting. Footbed width across my toes/forefoot has always been an issue for me with any hard boot so the increased width sounds nice.

How are they around the cuff? I have narrow ankles but large calves from mountain biking, and some boots really chafe my calves by the time I get the ankle tightened down enough.

Finally, I just found their website and noticed they sell a much more expensive “World Cup” version as well that’s getting much closer to .951 price territory. Seems like it must be some sort of stiffer setup, has anyone looked at it?

I've not seen the world cup but I'm running yellow toungues in the previous Gen and from my discussions via Facebook this is similar in stiffness to the current WC model. The Boot can be made to be very stiff. The red and black tongues and different springs can lessen the fore aft stiffness. 

I consider my calves to be large but I'm also quite tall. I've had no issues, YMMV. 

Note: I'm using Zip Fits as my liner. I have no experience with the S5 liner.  Slapos ordered these as shells and I bought these shells from him. 

My DGSS upgrade is complete and oh, my... worth every penny... so smooth carpet carving. Why did I get DGSS?  (Yes, I've already swapped red for the blue spring)
08pfpg8.jpeg

As I quoted earlier the S5 group claims to have fixed the spring bundle for smoother processing.

I initially thought the hang up feeling came from the spring screw but on closer inspection it was also the spine of the cuff running into the springs.
Cp6GUBL.jpeg
Stock v. DGSS spring bundle

SP54wl7.jpeg
See damage from interference at bottom of cuff spine.

Can't wait to carve Thursday... doing the anti-rain dance!

More S5 shots while the boots were in DGSS install mode:
pvJ5twk.jpeg

J3w6YdZ.jpeg
Yes, that's a UPZ buckle as I wanted a little more distance there than the stock buckle would provide.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

To clarify, are you saying that’s a problem S5 has claimed to fix in more recent versions of the boot?

Yup. The original generation has spring bundle issues. The screw binds on the metal part that attaches to the cuff spine AND the lower spring interferes with the spine of the cuffs shell (see pics). 

The DGSS system eliminates these issues and makes the whole boot have a really smooth flex. 

• 2 years later...
On 2/8/2022 at 3:27 AM, lonbordin said:

After yesterday and 6 hours straight in the boots I consider my transition complete.  I'll keep my UPZs as a backup pair for now but I plan on purchasing a second set of S5s for backup, so I don't have to worry about boots for perhaps the rest of my riding career.

They have made changes in the current model according to their website which I will summarize here:

1. made the boots hinge part stronger. replaced the existing 6mm nut with an 8mm heat treated nut.

3. The spring lengths were lengthened.

BTW- this Google translation kills:  in particular, the use of the finest plastics made in Germany is flexible and structurally hard, which has the advantage of smooth turns and a lot of deck blades in the sudden death. I’d love to know exactly what the finest plastics mean and what a lot of deck blades in the sudden death mean.  Definitely want to avoid sudden death!!!

I’m riding these boots with two liners.
Liner one is flimsy padding from an old DeeLuxe boot which softens the boot considerably for riding in soft/slushy conditions.  Everything feels great. I do have to go the extra buckle notch for a solid heel hold but when I’m riding really soft stuff, I really don’t need that level of fit.

Liner two is a Zip-Fit Gara Stealth which stiffens the boot considerably and I use for hard/icy snow conditions.  I’ve never felt my heel being LOCKED in before.  I thought I had, but I was wrong.  This is Achilles tendon stretching levels of hold, it’s unbelievable.  The boot and this liner just work.  Honestly it affected my riding for several runs.

I have “normal” dorsiflexion, but I do have a bone spur in my right ankle that starts to yell at me when I get too far forward so I’m looking for the ability to control the amount that my rear boot flexes.  I want more resistance as I approach the 20+ degree range to keep the yelling to a minimum.  I am able to do this with the stock setup.

Some negatives-
The hinge screws were WAY too tight when I got the boots from the previous owner.  Even with the springs completely out the boot hardly flexed, and it was squeaking considerably when it did.  I have loosened them so that this allowed the boot to flex easier.  That said the boot still does not flex as freely as I would like.  I’m going to spend a little more time on this, especially since the manufacturer has upgraded the hinge screws in the newest model. I will do the same.

The screw/spring portion as highlighted in the earlier review by the previous owner is difficult to work with… ok, it’s a pain in the @ss.  I have reached out to Drupi to purchase a DGSS system (the Deeluxe system should work) to eliminate this issue.  I really want to control my movement fore and aft in a more discrete manner than the stock system allows.  Also, the portion of the stock spring system hangs on the screw threads making a clicking noise and wearing on the parts.  It sounds like they have addressed that in the latest model but from all I’ve read and seen Drupi’s DGSS system is the smoothest flexing system available by far so I’m going to just go for the replace strategy.

The boot plastic shows scuffs and interplay with the F2 bindings. 

I wished the boots came in black and in size 29 MP.  I’d wager I could fit into a 29 MP S5 with zero boot work.  Maybe they’ll make one for me (that’s crazy talk).

Google Translation (it’s a wild ride and there’s a lot of unsupported opinion from the manufacturer)-
ORIGIN: KOREA S5 (KOREA-EU ORIGIN EXPORTER CERTIFIED) KOREA PRODUCTION CERTIFIED. PLASTIC (GERMANY), BUCKLE (ITALY), INJECTION (CHINA), ASSEMBLY PRODUCTION SOUTH KOREA (S5)

21/22 new products

S5 HARDBOOTS PRODUCTION HAS BEEN FIVE YEARS.

based on the data accumulated over the years, we have created better products.

1. i made the boots hinge part stronger. replaced the existing 6mm thorn nut with 8mm (heat treatment), prevented the thorn nut bending, wide area crimping of plastic and strong loosening. approximately 4-5 times durability improvement. it is the most balance-free product.

3. THE SPRING LENGTH AT THE BACK OF THE BOOT IS LONGER. S5 BOOTS CAN REPLACE SPRINGS OF VARYING LENGTHS AND STRENGTHS. THE MOVEMENT IS SMOOTH BECAUSE THE FRONT AND BACK SPRING LENGTHS ARE THE LONGEST AMONG CONVENTIONAL ALPINE BUTTS.

note that last year's test showed that the longer and softer the spring, the better the movement when riding and the better it is for extreme riding. in particular, the use of the finest plastics made in germany is flexible and structurally hard, which has the advantage of smooth turns and a lot of deck blades in the sudden death.

the most flex made with good boots. in particular, the rear flex spring is very good by replacing it with a long spring. very effective at the gate. in particular, components (paid) can be added to allow free adjustment of the tongue, cuff software, midium and hard flex.

THE S5 BOOTS ARE MADE OF GERMAN-GRADE PLASTIC, MAKING THEM FLEXIBLE AND STRUCTURALLY HARD TO RIDE, TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR AND GRIPPY.

THE S5 BOOTS ARE NORTHWAVE RENEWAL (THE BASIC SHAPE AND FUNCTION ARE THE SAME AS NORTHWAVE)  

1. S5 Lowshell 240 (272), 250 (282), 260 (292)... Made in 10mm increments. Two mermaid size use for one shell. Example) 250 (272) shell has a high fit for 250,255 mermaids. 

Northwave, UPZ uses 3 mermaid psys in 1 shell in 15mm increments, e.g.) B shell 250,260,265

2. S5 backhoe binding does not enter inside. The structure of the cuff is very thick and the structure of the lever one-way front-turn front-turn is a structure that can build up a lot of the day of the carbing deck with a structure that is relatively responsive and strong grip on the front turn because the material is flexible and can be pressurized at the front pressurization, while the material is flexible and can be pressurized. (Note that the heel is pressed with a heel, so a much stronger grip appears than the front. The S5 boots have a stable and strong front-end boots, and a stable strong grip design with good balance on the front and hilton) especially designed to fit the F2 bindings, reducing mistakes, increasing power transfer and responsiveness, and allowing you to build more edges.

3. durable, no backlog, very good quality of parts.

4. the floor slope (slope) inside the boot is low, no forwards, and it is easy to ride.

5. THE LOWSHELL (INSIDE THE BOOT) IS DESIGNED TO MAKE EVERYONE FEEL THE BEST FIT AND COMFORT WITH EXCELLENT TECHNOLOGY, AND IT IS DESIGNED TO BE A TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR AND SMOOTH TURN WHEN RIDING. ESPECIALLY THE FLAT FEET, THE INSTEPS ARE HIGH, THE FEET ARE WIDE, THE HEGE DOLE, AND THE THICKER ONES ARE COMFORTABLE. A VARIETY OF MERMAIDS AND INSOLES CAN ALSO BE SET OPTIMALLY. NOTE THAT THE INSOLE REDUCES THE POWER TRANSFER AND COMFORT OF THE FOOT AND PREVENTS THE BURNING OF THE HEEL. THE S5 HARD BOOTS ARE SAID TO BE THE MOST COMFORTABLE OF THE HARD BOOTS WITH SKIS. MANY PEOPLE ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THAN SOFT BOOTS FOR THE FREEBOARD.

6. designed to have the highest level of boot power transfer with the highest height of the cuffs because the tilt of the inner insole backsole of the boots is low and deep. soft, midium, hard and berry hard setable (4 types of tongue strength, 3 cuff strengths, various spring lengths and strengths available).

7. foreground angle spring adjustment very simple principle spring strength adjustment and spring change of various lengths and strengths

8. buckle and wire length adjustment is possible freely adjustable in various lengths, even for those with high insteps and wide feet can be easily used.

9. DESIGNED TO MATCH F2 BINDINGS, IT'S PERFECTLY CONTROLLED, REDUCES MISTAKES, AND ALLOWS YOU TO QUICKLY GET MORE EDGES AND CRY. IN PARTICULAR, EVEN IF THE BINDING BUCKLE WAS NOT STRONGLY PLACED, THERE WAS NO PLAY, SO THE BUCKLE DID NOT NEED TO BE STRONGLY BUCKLED AND THERE WAS LITTLE BINDING BREAKAGE.

THE S5 WORLD CUP MODEL HAS BEEN TESTED BY EUROPEAN WORLD CUP RIDERS, AND THE "BOOTS LIKE THE S5 ARE THE FIRST" REACTION IS FAST, EDGE CHANGE FAST AND POWER TRANSFER BOOTS.

THE S5 BOOTS ARE QUICK TO REACT TO THE FRONT TURN BY RENEWING THE NORTHWAVE BOOTS, LOWERING THE HEEL OF THE INNER INSOLE. YOU CAN SET THE FRONT EDGE ANGLE RELATIVELY HIGH. THE HIGHER THE EDGE ANGLE, THE FASTER IT WILL BE. THE S5 BOOTS ARE DESIGNED TO FIT WELL WITH THE F2 BINDING. THE CONTROLS ARE ACCURATE AND THE MISTAKES ARE RELATIVELY SMALL BY REDUCING PLAY. IT IS THE MOST COMFORTABLE BOOT AND THE DURABILITY IS ALSO TOP NOTCH.

The S5 Alpine boots are slightly different from traditional Alpine boots. It's designed to be comfortable under the ankle, and the ankle bottlenecks are designed to be hand-picked, so it's less hilarious and easier to foot. The same functional design of the north wave shape results in good force transfer and grip. It is particularly responsive because it fits well with F2 bindings. (Note that Northwave boots are boots designed before F2 binding became commonplace, with F2 bindings and play, and high boot color height (liftkant))

The lowshell of the boot is 20% thicker than northwave overall. Plastics are made of Germany, but the structural design (hardness) is stronger, so that when pressurized, the lowshell is not bent, the force transfer is strong and the reaction is fast.

Note that when pressurizing the foreground of the boot, the flex can be set hard rather than ski boots and has a better grip. If you set the foreground angle spring bundle hard and set the foreground angle, the legs are trying to bend when riding, but the boots are not bowed forward, so the heel of the foot may be pressurized and hurt.

Foreground bundles are compatible with many, including spring bundles, deluxe bundles, indie spring bundles, and all canonic bundles available for deluxe boots.

It is designed to be easy to use for those with thicker insteps, flat feet, hemp bone, and hyperlipidemia.

The backhoe height of the insole on the inside of the boot is designed to be 8 mm lower than the North Wave, so when the boots are set to 90 degrees, the natural posture is as comfortable as wearing sneakers without throwing forward. (Note that during alpine boots, the height of the boots is the deluxe 700 model, followed by the S5 boots.)

The fitting design of the S5 boots is designed so that the top of the lowshell is designed to be high in the shape of a pulley ear, such as a northwave, and the ankle comfortably holds the neck of the bottle, while the under-ankle (football, instep, sole) is designed so that the carbing turn is soft and the sneakers feel as comfortable as it is. Because the entire ankle is secured by hand by holding the neck of the bottle by hand, the feet are not hilarious, and the cuffs and tongue are soft enough to make 360-degree smooth movements on the left and right when riding, while the structure is hard and smooth, and the performance is technically excellent. Has.

Note that the S5 boots are made by renewing northwave boots by commissioning an experienced factory that produced the most ski boots, making them the best fit. The most convenient foot-shaped wood was selected by psys, and the formwork was made and scaled and made by cyz, each of which has a wrong fit, a good fit (fit feeling), the plastic is made of Germany, the buckle is made of Italian buckle manufacturers and is made strong with a high-strength product design.

The mermaid boots are slim and fitted, reinforced with the back of the mermaid boots to make them feel comfortable and fit with the boots.

NoteNoswave

Alpine Boots has been used by many World Cup athletes and Olympians for over a decade, and we took advice from domestic users with a plan to produce boots two years ago after seeing them purchased and used at high prices at foreign auction sites.

The opinion of those who used NorthWave Alpine boots in Korea was that the second-hand superlative version entered about 5 million won.

Northwave users, on the other hand, have informed us that boots also have their drawbacks.

Northwave boots have three pieces of air boots in one outshell, boots are big.

That's why we've renewed and designed these shortcomings one by one.

The NorthWave copyboots we produce are low-shell (272,282, 292,302) to increase the fit.

The binding hanging part on the back of the boot does not go inwards, so it is easy to check when wearing binding, and the lever principle is for stronger foreground presses and rhythms.

It is designed so that the thickness of the lowshell and tongue can be increased by 20%, so that the strength of the material can be increased even further, especially when pressurized, so that the front spacing of the lowshell and tongue can be quickly and strongly powered.

When the foreground angle of the boot is set, it is made to move above 90 degrees, and above all, it makes the depth inside the heel deeper, so that the height of the boot's heel is lowered, making the posture comfortable in the natural position. In other words, when the boots are set at 90 degrees, the forward swing is small, as is the case with sneakers. Note that this year's newUPZ also released a 3 mm lower heel.

The boots we produce have made the fit less comfortable, but we've seen a lot of people who are sweating because of their boots for 20 years, and they know the sickness and cause, so the S5 boots renewed the Northwave to make it look similar, but the fit is slightly different. In particular, in order to increase the fit feeling, we made a foot-shaped shawl for each psys, made a formwork, skkened it, assigned it to the boot, tested it, and made the mold by modifying it before making the mold, and there was a mold correction to increase the fit even when the sample was finished. It is made with excellent carbing techniques easily. I've heard rumors from people who are thinking about it, and I've worn it a lot, so I can tell you with confidence, we started developing boots before Mountain Slop, and we had a long time to design, mold, and modify our products. When we designed it, the mountain slop was a boot that we didn't have and we couldn't reference it. I hope there is no misunderstanding.

Some of the professional athletes have gone abroad this year and tested it, and some say that the technique that was not traditional alpine boots was possible with the S5 Alpine boots.

Answer to the foreground inquiry of the boot.

In order to be at the level of World Cup players, it is sports physiology (exercise life) that I had to study for a long time, and most of them translated foreign books.

Exercise Physiology is a book that describes the energy that is important for exercise and various exercise life such as restorative neuromuscular and menstrual training.

How good is the foreground angle of alpine boots?

Alpine riding is also a power game, a game of muscle strength, exercise, equipment selection and setting, technique and weight training and experience.

For example, when lifting a barbell, the angle of the arm is the greatest force at right angles (120 degrees), too bent (30 degrees) or too unexploded (180 degrees) to exert 30% force at 120 degrees.

In the case of the lower body, the joint angle that can hold up the greatest force is the standing position.

The front foot is an axis for snowboard alpine riding, where the joint angle and muscle contraction level depending on the foreground angle of

the boot are constricted or stretched. That's why it's recommended to be vertically (90 degrees) on the deck, because the back foot is a foot that supports the front foot, so use the lift kant and tilt the foreground angle over the forefoot.

The S5 boots are ergonomically designed to allow for foreground setting of the most powerful sections, so many people are looking forward to improving their skills.

Europe's World Cup gold medallists (Slovenia) and Olympic gold medallists have tested and are listening to the comments.

◆The defect occurrence of the product production is free A/S for three years.

◆When you purchase a product, we will deliver the most suitable psys through a telephone consultation.

◆All products purchased from us are covered by 200 million product liability insurance.  

in particular, the use of the finest plastics made in Germany is flexible and structurally hard, which has the advantage of smooth turns and a lot of deck blades in the sudden death. I’d love to know exactly what the finest plastics mean and what a lot of deck blades in the sudden death mean.  Definitely want to avoid sudden death!!!

>> I recently  found this post, very interesting. I’m Korean, also I’ve used S5 for 5 years. I think I can give answer for your question. 

[ in particular, the use of the finest plastics made in Germany is flexible and structurally hard, which has the advantage of smooth turns and a lot of deck blades in the sudden death. I’d love to know exactly what the finest plastics mean and what a lot of deck blades in the sudden death mean.  Definitely want to avoid sudden death!!! ]

This is silly errors of Google translation. I am not sure what korean original source is, as korean speaking old man, I can guess what happened in translation. LOL 

1. sudden death —> it’s totally wrong. ‘steep slope’ 

2. a lot of deck blade —-> you can have deep edge angle while you’re carving. 

3. Finest plastic  —> The manufacturer just wanted emphasize that he used good materials for the boots Which was imported from German. 

I guess he originally wanted to say : 

[I use very good materials which was imported from German. It has strong structure but also provides flexibility. So you can have a lot advantages of smooth turn having deep edge angle even on the steep slope.]

It’s rough translation, anyhow you can understand this time. 

• Like 2