Jump to content
muthahucker

Booster straps

Recommended Posts

Does anyone run the Booster straps on their boots, and where did you mount them?  It looks like there is room at the top rear of the boot to attach it, but it looks like it will sit much higher on the liner then the one that's attached to my ski boots.

Does anyone remove the top boot buckle and put it in place of it? 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booster on all my boots. DeeLuxe and UPZs have predrilled holes to capture the straps.

As Booster suggests the strap is supposed to be under the tongue.

I have never removed my top buckle and I've never seen anyone do that but there are "creative" people everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice a predrilled hole on my Deeluxe boots.  Mine are about 4-5 yrs old, is that only found on newer boots?

Mine are Deeluxe Track 325's

On my ski boots, I've always just replaced the Velcro strap with the Booster Strap in the predrilled holes...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, lonbordin said:

As Booster suggests the strap is supposed to be under the tongue.

Or above the plastic tongue on the Track 425 if you have a Tall Liner??

Always wondered how does the Booster strap do it's job (stretch or move)  if  plastic tongue (as Booster suggests) is cranked down on top of Booster strap??

https://www.deeluxe.com/products/hardboot-series/track-425-pro-petrol/

 

Edited by barryj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ride mine over the tongue in place of the stock top strap.  I run my buckles tight so it starts to hurt if under the tongue.  I really like the way the bungee action feels compared to the more static stock straps.  They feel like a little spring board for my upper shins.

 

I should also add I've got big ol beefy calves so not a ton of free real estate between my shin and the tongue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

 I should also add I've got big ol beefy calves

so they would be '' cows" then...

Right?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use them on my ski boots and place them on the inside of the shell right up against the liner.  Looking at my Deeluxe boots, it doesn't look like they will fit under the shell very well, and they sort of fit half on the outer shell and half on the liner if they are placed on the outside..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, muthahucker said:

I didn't notice a predrilled hole on my Deeluxe boots.  Mine are about 4-5 yrs old, is that only found on newer boots?

I have a set of 3 year old all black 325's (which newer models have the flat/solid buckles like in the attached photo) also and nope, no predrilled holes..just the slot where you can slide a Booster or Static strap through the shell. 

My 425's came with predrilled Booster straps which isn't much better in how and where it aligns and like your 325's  the Booster seems to only fit half over or under the tongue.....so I just ran them on the outside of the shell.

 

 

355.jpg

425-2.jpg

Edited by barryj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 8:53 AM, barryj said:

I have a set of 3 year old all black 325's (which newer models have the flat/solid buckles like in the attached photo) also and nope, no predrilled holes..just the slot where you can slide a Booster or Static strap through the shell. 

My 425's came with predrilled Booster straps which isn't much better in how and where it aligns and like your 325's  the Booster seems to only fit half over or under the tongue.....so I just ran them on the outside of the shell.

 

 

355.jpg

425-2.jpg

That's exactly what i was looking for, Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, lonbordin said:

As Booster suggests the strap is supposed to be under the tongue.

Hey LB,   still curious.....you got a photo or 2 of what this looks like with your 425's on your feet, all buckled down ready to ride?

Maybe it's my taller than stock Intuition liners, but because of the higher booster strap thread thru position where the Booster attaches/threads  thru the back of the 425 shells  it creates an angle that only allows the strap to be  half way behind the tongue and the other half above it...............so for better or worse I've just been putting the  booster strap over the tongue. :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the tongue is how I've been doing it since installing mine.  There doesn't seem to be enough room to fit it completely under the outer shell like ski boots.

It kind of fits half over the outer shell and partially onto the liner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, barryj said:

Hey LB,   still curious.....you got a photo or 2 of what this looks like with your 425's on your feet, all buckled down ready to ride?

Maybe it's my taller than stock Intuition liners, but because of the higher booster strap thread thru position where the Booster attaches/threads  thru the back of the 425 shells  it creates an angle that only allows the strap to be  half way behind the tongue and the other half above it...............so for better or worse I've just been putting the  booster strap over the tongue. :confused:

Sorry @barryj I sold my 425s a while back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

sold my 425s

What!  That's sacrilege :nono:

You must have gone to UPZ's?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barryj said:

What!  That's sacrilege :nono:

You must have gone to UPZ's?? 

I've had both. I prefer UPZs. Better fit for me.

Edited by lonbordin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...