Note to New Members ×

Booster straps

muthahucker

Does anyone run the Booster straps on their boots, and where did you mount them?  It looks like there is room at the top rear of the boot to attach it, but it looks like it will sit much higher on the liner then the one that's attached to my ski boots.

Does anyone remove the top boot buckle and put it in place of it? 

Thanks 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, lonbordin said:

As Booster suggests the strap is supposed to be under the tongue.

Or above the plastic tongue on the Track 425 if you have a Tall Liner??

Always wondered how does the Booster strap do it's job (stretch or move)  if  plastic tongue (as Booster suggests) is cranked down on top of Booster strap??

https://www.deeluxe.com/products/hardboot-series/track-425-pro-petrol/

Edited by barryj

I ride mine over the tongue in place of the stock top strap.  I run my buckles tight so it starts to hurt if under the tongue.  I really like the way the bungee action feels compared to the more static stock straps.  They feel like a little spring board for my upper shins.

I should also add I've got big ol beefy calves so not a ton of free real estate between my shin and the tongue

I use them on my ski boots and place them on the inside of the shell right up against the liner.  Looking at my Deeluxe boots, it doesn't look like they will fit under the shell very well, and they sort of fit half on the outer shell and half on the liner if they are placed on the outside..

On 1/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, muthahucker said:

I didn't notice a predrilled hole on my Deeluxe boots.  Mine are about 4-5 yrs old, is that only found on newer boots?

I have a set of 3 year old all black 325's (which newer models have the flat/solid buckles like in the attached photo) also and nope, no predrilled holes..just the slot where you can slide a Booster or Static strap through the shell. 

My 425's came with predrilled Booster straps which isn't much better in how and where it aligns and like your 325's  the Booster seems to only fit half over or under the tongue.....so I just ran them on the outside of the shell.

355.jpg

425-2.jpg

Edited by barryj

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 8:53 AM, barryj said:

I have a set of 3 year old all black 325's (which newer models have the flat/solid buckles like in the attached photo) also and nope, no predrilled holes..just the slot where you can slide a Booster or Static strap through the shell. 

My 425's came with predrilled Booster straps which isn't much better in how and where it aligns and like your 325's  the Booster seems to only fit half over or under the tongue.....so I just ran them on the outside of the shell.

355.jpg

425-2.jpg

That's exactly what i was looking for, Thanks.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, lonbordin said:

As Booster suggests the strap is supposed to be under the tongue.

Hey LB,   still curious.....you got a photo or 2 of what this looks like with your 425's on your feet, all buckled down ready to ride?

Maybe it's my taller than stock Intuition liners, but because of the higher booster strap thread thru position where the Booster attaches/threads  thru the back of the 425 shells  it creates an angle that only allows the strap to be  half way behind the tongue and the other half above it...............so for better or worse I've just been putting the  booster strap over the tongue. :confused:

7 hours ago, barryj said:

Hey LB,   still curious.....you got a photo or 2 of what this looks like with your 425's on your feet, all buckled down ready to ride?

Maybe it's my taller than stock Intuition liners, but because of the higher booster strap thread thru position where the Booster attaches/threads  thru the back of the 425 shells  it creates an angle that only allows the strap to be  half way behind the tongue and the other half above it...............so for better or worse I've just been putting the  booster strap over the tongue. :confused:

Sorry @barryj I sold my 425s a while back.

• 6 months later...

Yes I ride them but im also rocking more than just the booster straps....

Just checked Its the expert/race ones I use so just step down from the world cup. I generally use them to crank down the top of my boots around the shin/calf area super tight. I will tie the laces then crank the strap which will allow me to then undo the laces and pull them tighter and tie them again. After which I'll crank the strap down one final time and go ride.

Edited by scottishsurfer
More info
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, curvy said:

Anyone using a booster strap on softboots?

Which one to get? World cup right away? 😄

I am using the World Cup Booster straps on my Driver X softboots.

Much like @scottishsurfer, I crank them over my boots once tied to reduce the upper boot flex and I am very happy with how much better my boots are this way.

cheers,

sandy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...