Note to New Members ×

S5 Hardboot

slapos

Hi guys

For sale S5 hardboot

Shell only no liner.

Fits liner 275/280/285

Requires F2 Large bindings

Come with 3 tongue sets soft/med/stiff and 5 springs set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you wish to read about the differences between these and 951 have a read here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HardbootersMountains365/permalink/471155063527157/

Sell for 500 bucks plus shipping.

Located in Poland

Ridden once. Selling only cause I would have to switch to L size binding over my C shell mountainslope

They are roomier then 951. Heel hold the same. Heel sits much lower then in 951.

• Thanks 1

Seems the facebook page is private.  Would love to read about it the difference between 951 and S5.
You seems have tried all the boots under the sun 🙂 
What are you looking for?  better fitment? more performance?
Would love to hear you opinions on the current Alpine hard boots offering.  UPZ/MS .951/S5
As I am looking for new boots now.

Ok i AM just going to copy and paste the notes from the facebook page:

Right, I had a chance to test out the S5 hardboot. I am pleasantly surprised how they ride.

In comparison to 951, the main differences are :

- heel sits much lower due to different heel placement (more deeluxe like)
- heel above causes increased sole length Vs same size upz or 951. For 951 and upz I used M size F2s, for S5 I would have to use L size. For me a major drawback. This is true for shell C in 951 and 302 shell in S5. Liner 285 mp
- spring system Vs 951 is little less user friendly. Requires a bit of creativity to get it adjusted. Takes more time to adjust on slope. Probably impossible without taking the boot off.
- I found the standard spring too short and had to exchange to something different.

They are super reactive and comfortable. If 951 shell is too narrow for you S5 might be your choice.

As a standard they come with 3 tongues and 5 different springs.

I am selling these only due to the fact that I would have to increase binding size and change angles. I was really pleasntly surprised about how they ride. I like the flatter feeling due to lower heel pocket placement.

What I am looking for. I keep asking myself. Not sure. Just see how it performs and if it better fits my style or not. When the carbon boot will come out I will test it too. For sure.

Overall I much prefer the 950/951/S5 shell shape and they way it works over UPZ or deeluxe. Especially the tongue design (cables over tongue Vs assym placement of tongue fixation point) Mind you this doesn't mean that upz or deeluxe is a bad boot, cause it's not.

Everybody is a little bit different and look for different things on the boot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...