Note to New Members ×

Colorado trip... and I have some question [Liners]

lonbordin

Hey ASB'ers who live in the great state of Colorado I'm coming your way 21-27 Jan.  I'm going to be boarding at some hill the 25th & 26th.

Due to my Epic pass I'll probably be at Beaver or Breck... I've done Keystone...  Anyway who cares?!  That's not the point... The point is to avoid the Keystone speed cops!

Point is I'd ideally like to purchase some liners in person for my UPZs.  My old DeeLuxe liners are starting to fall apart and lack structure. I'm getting nervous that I'll be out there with a couple of pairs of wool socks as my liner! :eek:

I'll be in Denver (for training) is there any shops in the area I could visit that might satisfy my desires?  Preferably hard core ski race shops... they seem to have what I need more than other shops.

In case there isn't any place to visit in Denver where should I go in the front range?

What I'm looking for... LOW volume, tongue style*, thin firm sole.  *ok maybe the right overlap could sell me... I do have a high instep.

-high-end race ski boot liners (29/29.5)

-a giant selection of every freakin' Intuition that's ever been made (OK Palau is fine too)

-High end Foamers

-Maybe a Zip-fit dealer

Throw up your ideas :barf:

Mahalo!

PS- If anyone with LCI tattooed in a conspicuous place want's to tell me how to purchase a cheap Lovey ticket I'll take a day at Loveland over Breck any day.  I just dig old slow lifts.  :freak3:😉

55 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

Hey ASB'ers who live in the great state of Colorado I'm coming your way 21-27 Jan.  I'm going to be boarding at some hill the 25th & 26th.

Due to my Epic pass I'll probably be at Beaver or Breck... I've done Keystone...  Anyway who cares?!  That's not the point... The point is to avoid the Keystone speed cops!

Point is I'd ideally like to purchase some liners in person for my UPZs.  My old DeeLuxe liners are starting to fall apart and lack structure. I'm getting nervous that I'll be out there with a couple of pairs of wool socks as my liner! :eek:

I'll be in Denver (for training) is there any shops in the area I could visit that might satisfy my desires?  Preferably hard core ski race shops... they seem to have what I need more than other shops.

In case there isn't any place to visit in Denver where should I go in the front range?

What I'm looking for... LOW volume, tongue style*, thin firm sole.  *ok maybe the right overlap could sell me... I do have a high instep.

-high-end race ski boot liners (29/29.5)

-a giant selection of every freakin' Intuition that's ever been made (OK Palau is fine too)

-High end Foamers

-Maybe a Zip-fit dealer

Throw up your ideas :barf:

Mahalo!

PS- If anyone with LCI tattooed in a conspicuous place want's to tell me how to purchase a cheap Lovey ticket I'll take a day at Loveland over Breck any day.  I just dig old slow lifts.  :freak3:😉

Larry's in Boulder does a good job. I would call about what liners they carry first, though. Best day for the LCI is Sundays. Upstairs around 7:30 AM they can get a discounted ticket with their pass. Also check Craigslist for unused 4 pack tickets. 

• Thanks 1

Good morning Dave,

You could do an advanced purchase for 72bucks for the 26th, or meet one of us by the wedge bar before 8 and we can get you a pass for 71.00. I am planning on returning to the snow that day. Keep us posted

Mario

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:20 AM, Mr.E said:

You might want to book an appointment with Larry the boot fitter in Boulder. I don't know that he has the widest selection of Liners in stock, but his actual fitting is pretty top-notch.

I will reach out to Larry's shop.  My shells are in a good place right now... I just need a wide selection of liners and I'd be able to make a choice.