Note to New Members ×

WTB Monoski

packman75

I'd really like to try monoskiing. I normally ski something around 185-195cm for my regular skis. Interested in how much these go for, since I can't find any used ones online. I'm in SLC if anyone local has one. Don't know much about sizing them either, since there's not much info about it online either. 

Welcome!

I'm not sure if these guys are still in business: https://codaboards.com 

Also, you can make an adapter plate to mount an alpine snowboard as a monoski. Here's mine: 

post-1678-141842343707_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842343709_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842343762_thumb.jpg

Some of the existing plates (Donek, Bomber...) possibly could be modified to take the mono bindings too. 

You can also mount bindings directly to a board with t-nuts. 

Edited by BlueB

interesting, thank you BlueB!  I think what I'll end up doing is just mounting regular bindings to a board. I'd like to get a cheap mono to start before I go and drop $500+ on a new one. So, it'd work fine to just find a used alpine board, plug up the old holes and just mount up some ski bindings on it?  Is it 100% necessary to use an adapter plate if I'm using alpine bindings? 

Also interested in anyone that has a used mono set up.

Edited by packman75

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, packman75 said:

interesting, thank you BlueB!  I think what I'll end up doing is just mounting regular bindings to a board. I'd like to get a cheap mono to start before I go and drop $500+ on a new one. So, it'd work fine to just find a used alpine board, plug up the old holes and just mount up some ski bindings on it?  Is it 100% necessary to use an adapter plate if I'm using alpine bindings? 

Also interested in anyone that has a used mono set up.

I have a few Mono's for sale. mainly carving boards.

first one would be $350 with a plate/bail binding set-up, (178) 14M sidecut, Square tail not much good in the deep.   

The other is a Coda V 2 without bindings for $200. It has 4x4 inserts for a Bomber ski binding. or a SnowPro skwal binding.

I also have a Donek F Plate that has regular 4x4 inserts for snowboard bindings AND side by side 4x4 inserts with a set of Bomber skiboard bindings on it. $300. That would allow you to mount it to any Alpine board to ride it as a Mono.

Last one is a New Coda Maverick, (185) with a normal "Demo" ski binding. 14M sidecut. Carving/all mountain/powder board. $450 It is a very unique shape that has a short effective edge on firm and the advantage of all 185 cm in fresh.  It has maybe 5 runs on it. 

PM with a phone number for pics and or discussion.