Note to New Members ×

td3 bolts for base plate

dragonrider

21 minutes ago, TVR said:

If you have one already, I find it easy to just source local....

Sure. Might even save some money. 

A pack of 4 is $8 from Bomber/Gumbo -personally I prefer to support him so he might still be around when I need a TDsomething I cant buy at mcmasters. 

2 hours ago, TVR said:

If you have one already, I find it easy to just source local....

i went to fasternal they dont have it, havent check with the other one , 

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

agreed, i just though bomeronline is gone. thanks for the link and your help

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dragonrider said:

home depot

Check the alloy. Don't know what Bomber is using, but the softer/cheaper stainless isn't particularly strong, and also tends to gall.

As a reference, 18-8 is roughly half the cost of 3-16 from MM.com, so...

Am also thinking the Bomber hardware is broached to take a larger wrench.

I tend to get the grade 10 black for the race sets, and the stainless for the every day carving.... since the every day carving doesn't get hit as hard... I also retire bolts every season or two, so my Alan always is perfect and doesn't have issues... and since the are not that expensive, it is just the cost of convenience for me like insurance on a car. I will say I have in the past also bought 25 packs and 50 packs for the other bolts for the TDs, for convenience through Amazon. Jack just chuckles as I always have several in my snow pants for when my kid needs whatever. .

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Bentnail said:

There is a set on EBay. Good luck

If you mean ebay item number 254485956606, those look like generic bolts.  They will work fine if they're the right length, but the Bomber bolts have a domed head and have a non-standard larger, deeper hex socket that is less prone to being rounded out by the Allen wrench.  So you do get some extra value out of the pricey Bomber bolts.

5 hours ago, Wolf said:

If you mean ebay item number 254485956606, those look like generic bolts.  They will work fine if they're the right length, but the Bomber bolts have a domed head and have a non-standard larger, deeper hex socket that is less prone to being rounded out by the Allen wrench.  So you do get some extra value out of the pricey Bomber bolts.

043C51BE-D63F-4BB8-807B-3658BC61B59A.png