Note to New Members ×

GoPro comparisons

patmoore

I've owned GoPro 1, 2, 3+, Session 5, and now the Hero8.  The difference in image stabilization is remarkable. Note the movement of my head in both clips. Even though the tip of the board bounces a lot, my head looks fairly steady in the lower clip. The color is much better in the Hero8 as well. Top clip shot in 1080P and the lower one in 4K

I left the Session5 on a safari in Botswana.  They found it but said it would cost $200 to mail it back!  I told them to keep it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2020 at 4:31 PM, dredman said:

The Hero 8 is amazing.  Easy to use and stunning video.  

Wondering how cold temps affect battery life in the more recent models.

Watched some reviews about the 8.  Seemed like improved stabilization over the 7 but no ability to change the lens cover if scratched or damaged on the 8 was a common complaint.   

2 hours ago, Gabe T said:

Wondering how cold temps affect battery life in the more recent models.

Watched some reviews about the 8.  Seemed like improved stabilization over the 7 but no ability to change the lens cover if scratched or damaged on the 8 was a common complaint.

I put a protective screen cover on the lens.  

I carry the camera close to my body to keep it warm, and carry an extra battery.  Battery life has been very good.  New stabilization is amazing!  

You have to use GoPro branded batteries, if using aftermarket batteries you will not get all of the features of the camera.

For the money, it is a heck of a lot of camera.