Note to New Members ×

Flat Back

kirtap

The Nidecker NBX isn't really a BX board, imo. Their 164 has an effective edge of 126cm.

I'll be the first to admit that I have no BX racing experience, but I'm not sure that the effective edge length variable is going to determine this board's effectiveness as a BX board. I don't ride BX nor do I see myself doing it in the near future, this is my all-mt. answer for now and it works very well. It does hold a carve at speed impressively and floats very nice in the deep stuff - this is why I like it. I do know that the NBX is Nidecker's answer for a BX board and their R&D and racing team would probably disagree with your assessment there Jack. It would be interesting to get some info. on how these boards compare to eachother as far as performance in BX from team riders' perspectives. I did note that the 164 Eliminator and the 164 NBX have a very similar scr (8.6/8.8 m). I'll probably get a chance to ride the NBX 168 in the next couple of weeks. I'll let ya know.