Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek 2019/2020

jtslalom

It almost feels funny writing 2020. Well Mountain Creek is now open for riding top to bottom. Only the old Turnpike trail is open with Jumping Jack and Sayanora open as well. The Sugar slope is also open. I haven't ridden there yet but will ride tomorrow night 12/19 for a few runs. Let you know how it is after.

Jt

I haven't had the heart to go yet.  Two straight weekends of 55 and rain were a bummer to the start of what looked to be a fantastic December.

I'm presently up in VT(freezing my nuts off), but will start opening the gondola on weekday mornings after the new year. Message me.  Always looking for another unicorn to ride with at the creek. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kneel,

I've gone a total of three times this year so far. Usually I would have closer to 8-10 days out but conditions have not been good. Now that the rain is upon us and day time temps are up in the 40's I wouldn't bother going until we have a few consecutive days of freezing temps. The forecast for the next couple of days does not look good but hopefully the second week in January it should get better.

Jt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very disappointing season. Mountain Creek has had one of the toughest years making snow that I have seen in some time. Their snow making has been hampered by warm weather. It seems every time they get a few days of snow making it is followed by a few days of rain. The season has been going like that all along. There doesn't seem to be any relief in sight as the local forecast is calling for rain over the next few days (2/6/20). I have to give the place an "A" in effort, however it is an effort in futility. I am hoping that next week we get some cold weather in preparation for presidents weekend. All in all check the weather before making the journey to Mountain Creek. If it has been warm go somewhere a little more north because more than likely the trail conditions are not that good. If it has been cold then come on over. Mountain Creek does have the ability to make ALOT of snow quickly and will provided the weather allows.

Jt

• 4 weeks later...