Note to New Members ×

Problem fitting small hardboot to small F2 binding

fyrkant

What do I do wrong when fitting my new F2 Race Titanium (Size Small) bindings to my Deeluxe Track 700 (Size momondo 25/ US 7.0/ sole length 279mm) . The black plastic binding bracket cant come in place  because of the first hardboot  bracket is in its way.

The hardboot is centered over the binding.

My other pair of F2 Intec Titanium bindings fits perfectly to my hardboots.

The Intec heel on my hardboot is just 3mm higher then the original heel and its fits and feels good so that dont seems like the problem.

I have also tested using the outer holes on the metal binding plate, (I guess it's for size medium or Large) but i gives me the same results, the angel of the black plastic binding bracket dont seems to change.

Possible solutions, but I hope someone has an other better solution.

Cut the black plastic  binding bracket just before the first hardboot bracket and drill a hole and mount a shoelace to get the strength to release the binding. Or should i use a heat gun on the binding black plastic bracket to model it to fit.

What should i DO?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I would not try a heat gun, as this may not work and could weaken the plastic.  I don't use F2 bindings, but is the plastic toe clip removable?  If it is, perhaps replacing the toe clip with one from another brand of binding (maybe a Snow Pro) would help.  But that seems unlikely.  Otherwise, cutting the toe clip as you have suggested seems like the only option.

Oops. I missed the crucial fitting around the first buckle issue. Please ignore my bracketed first suggestion below.

(Try turning your bail bindings into your front binding and your Intecs into your rear binding and only have an Intec heel on the rear boot. Voila, 2 identical binding sets.)

Options: Sell the bail bindings and buy another pair of Intecs.

Modify the front plastic bail piece, use the shoe lace trick, and go standard front, Intec rear so that you only need to undo the front a few times a day. 

Edited by SunSurfer
My bad!

16 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Oops. I missed the crucial fitting around the first buckle issue. Please ignore my bracketed first suggestion below.

(Try turning your bail bindings into your front binding and your Intecs into your rear binding and only have an Intec heel on the rear boot. Voila, 2 identical binding sets.)

Modify the front plastic bail piece, use the shoe lace trick, and go standard front, Intec rear so that you only need to undo the front a few times a day. 

Thanks, I wanted to test F2 Race Titanium because of the more flex than the rigid F2 Intec Titanium so I want to change both to F2 Race Titanium.

16 hours ago, SunSurfer said: