lonbordin

Park City 2019-2020

Hit Park City today.  Minimal terrain open, essentially two runs. Who cares?! Boarding before turkey day, w00t.

Had a younger than me lady follow me all the way down and jump on the lift. Asked questions, gave answers.  Tough to get people, even interested people, to the next step. Sigh.

Had a bunch of folk at the top ask me questions... Including red jackets, blue jackets, yellow jackets. Does no one ride hardboots at PC? Of course some of them had to tell me how old my equipment is??? I set them straight as the oldest thing in my kit is my Apex Geckos!

Still had fun... Might squeeze out some time tomorrow afternoon for a few laps.  That drive to and from SLC is too easy.

Edited by lonbordin
  • Like 1

Back in PC this afternoon. Snow was falling, they had opened treasure hollow.  Had fun.  

Met a lady who used to be a Carver. Maybe she will visit the forum. She didn't know this equipment was still being made!

Winter weather warning is in effect... 1 to 3 feet possible in the mountains over the next couple of days. We'll see.

10 hours ago, lonbordin said:

Back in PC this afternoon. Snow was falling, they had opened treasure hollow.  Had fun.  

Met a lady who used to be a Carver. Maybe she will visit the forum. She didn't know this equipment was still being made!

Winter weather warning is in effect... 1 to 3 feet possible in the mountains over the next couple of days. We'll see.

Hey  there,

how long are you in PC? I live there and teach part time on the mountain. 

I’m out of town for another day, but I’ll be back soon. Not much open yet, but if it’s going to dump that much, I might have to get out! 

LMK

Martin

On 11/27/2019 at 10:12 AM, Emdee406 said:

Hey  there,

how long are you in PC? I live there and teach part time on the mountain. 

I’m out of town for another day, but I’ll be back soon. Not much open yet, but if it’s going to dump that much, I might have to get out! 

LMK

Martin

Unfortunately I'm heading back today, next time!

Went to PC Wednesday and we had fun lapping Payday.  Went back to PC for Turkey day... OOOF the crowds... I'm so spoiled.   At 11 we went to the car to eat our sandwiches... then we went to Canyons for the rest of the afternoon.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 9:46 AM, lonbordin said:

Unfortunately I'm heading back today, next time!

Went to PC Wednesday and we had fun lapping Payday.  Went back to PC for Turkey day... OOOF the crowds... I'm so spoiled.   At 11 we went to the car to eat our sandwiches... then we went to Canyons for the rest of the afternoon.

Canyons is always quieter!

Let me know if you’re headed back sometime! 

On 11/24/2019 at 9:12 PM, lonbordin said:

Of course some of them had to tell me how old my equipment is???

I heard the same thing today...though not in PC.