Note to New Members ×

Park City 2019-2020

lonbordin

Hit Park City today.  Minimal terrain open, essentially two runs. Who cares?! Boarding before turkey day, w00t.

Had a younger than me lady follow me all the way down and jump on the lift. Asked questions, gave answers.  Tough to get people, even interested people, to the next step. Sigh.

Had a bunch of folk at the top ask me questions... Including red jackets, blue jackets, yellow jackets. Does no one ride hardboots at PC? Of course some of them had to tell me how old my equipment is??? I set them straight as the oldest thing in my kit is my Apex Geckos!

Still had fun... Might squeeze out some time tomorrow afternoon for a few laps.  That drive to and from SLC is too easy.

Edited by lonbordin
  • Like 1

Back in PC this afternoon. Snow was falling, they had opened treasure hollow.  Had fun.  

Met a lady who used to be a Carver. Maybe she will visit the forum. She didn't know this equipment was still being made!

Winter weather warning is in effect... 1 to 3 feet possible in the mountains over the next couple of days. We'll see.

10 hours ago, lonbordin said:

Back in PC this afternoon. Snow was falling, they had opened treasure hollow.  Had fun.  

Met a lady who used to be a Carver. Maybe she will visit the forum. She didn't know this equipment was still being made!

Winter weather warning is in effect... 1 to 3 feet possible in the mountains over the next couple of days. We'll see.

Hey  there,

how long are you in PC? I live there and teach part time on the mountain. 

I’m out of town for another day, but I’ll be back soon. Not much open yet, but if it’s going to dump that much, I might have to get out! 

LMK

Martin

On 11/27/2019 at 10:12 AM, Emdee406 said:

Hey  there,

how long are you in PC? I live there and teach part time on the mountain. 

I’m out of town for another day, but I’ll be back soon. Not much open yet, but if it’s going to dump that much, I might have to get out! 

LMK

Martin

Unfortunately I'm heading back today, next time!

Went to PC Wednesday and we had fun lapping Payday.  Went back to PC for Turkey day... OOOF the crowds... I'm so spoiled.   At 11 we went to the car to eat our sandwiches... then we went to Canyons for the rest of the afternoon.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 9:46 AM, lonbordin said:

Unfortunately I'm heading back today, next time!

Went to PC Wednesday and we had fun lapping Payday.  Went back to PC for Turkey day... OOOF the crowds... I'm so spoiled.   At 11 we went to the car to eat our sandwiches... then we went to Canyons for the rest of the afternoon.

Canyons is always quieter!

Let me know if you’re headed back sometime! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 9:03 PM, jng said:

I will be at PC between Christmas and New Years. Forecast looks dry so will be bringing hard boots. Any recommendations for trails to hit or avoid during holiday week? Thanks!

I’ll be riding at that time, but in soft boots, as I’ll be teaching some regular clients. I’m easy to spot, I’m one of 2 black instructors on the hill, the other one will not be carving much. 

Suggested runs? The Canyons area will be quieter, runs off Super Condor Lift especially. Jonesy’s and Assesment on the PC side, and Prospector...if you want to show off. 

Sunnyside when groomed is great too.  

Hopefully I’ll see you, what will you be riding?

Edited by Emdee406
Correction

On 12/11/2019 at 10:14 PM, Sasquatch_Surfer said:

Coming to PC later this month for 4-5 days over New Years, how are the conditions/coverage ?

I was up yesterday, it was dumping, but it’s supposed to calm down and stay reasonably cold. They will blow snow at night. The coverage is pretty good now, most runs are open...I wouldn’t go into the trees just yet though  

It’ll be great for carving! 

Edited by Emdee406
Omission
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Emdee406 said:

Hopefully I’ll see you, what will you be riding?

Will look for you. Will be riding either a Fullbag Diamond Blade or white Coiler with octopus graphic. If you see a grom hardbooting on a Factory Prime, he’s with me. 

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, jng said:

Will look for you. Will be riding either a Fullbag Diamond Blade or white Coiler with octopus graphic. If you see a grom hardbooting on a Factory Prime, he’s with me. 

I’ll keep an eye out... I’m pretty easy to spot, as the only black instructor on the upper mountain 😉

I’ll be in the blue uniform, Monster sticker on a black helmet, riding either a ‘Monster-graphic’ Never Summer Proto or a black Coiler BXFR (less likely)...and if I’m turning, I’m carving! I’ve got a regular client for the next few days, so I’ll be blasting around both resorts, but he’s got a slower girlfriend on skis this year, in tow. The Canyons is much quieter, and she’s never been, so we might be over there quite a bit. 

Happy New Year, if I don’t see you! 

CF114B2B-1ABB-451F-BFB6-0C729A33F31F.png

Edited by Emdee406
Omission
  • Like 2

We spent the last few days in soft boots so we could explore more terrain, and to keep things interesting for my other son who’s a skier. Yesterday was mostly trees at McConkeys and Jupiter. Amazing that there was so much powder several days after a storm during the holidays. Today there will be two of us hardbooting. Thanks for the photo. We’ll be on the lookout and will likely move towards Canyons as the crowds build. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jng said:

We leave tomorrow morning unfortunately. 😞   Enjoy the pow!

Btw, this will be my setup  

57BA6D43-FADD-4718-B468-2F5643263A78.jpeg.fa5fceb4cf5ad7befebc24943cb504bf.jpeg

It was great running into you and your son today, although briefly. Hope you had fun, your son was looking great on his little Factory Prime!

8 hours ago, dropthebody said:

Hey Emdee, I'm planning on riding PC tomorrow. Lookout for a Coiler Nirvana with custom graphics. Perhaps we can meet up.

I’m actually working 3 of the next 4 days on the mountain, and working some flights on Friday. 

I’ll keep an eye out for you, I’ve sent you my email so we might be able to meet up another time. 

Couple of good pow days coming up! 

42179763-7ADA-4673-B69A-1A0A39BA5A9A.png

Edited by Emdee406
Omission
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Emdee406 said:

It was great running into you and your son today, although briefly. Hope you had fun, your son was looking great on his little Factory Prime!

Always a pleasure to meet hardbooters in the real world. Happy new year!

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, Sasquatch_Surfer said:

Coming to PC later this month for 4-5 days over New Years, how are the conditions/coverage ?

Rudy & co, it was great fun getting to ride with you guys in PC. I enjoyed taking you to my powder stashes! 

Awesome riders! 

Edited by Emdee406
Correction

On 1/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, Emdee406 said:

Rudy & co, it was great fun getting to ride with you guys in PC. I enjoyed taking you to my powder stashes! 

Awesome riders! 

Thanks for showing us some stashes, (we poached them again a few times !) we found some other fun tree runs that were untouched powder as well. Park City has some super fun terrain and the carving was pretty good too. I will show you some stashes as well, when you visit the PNW. Again, thanks for riding with us, you are an awesome rider as well, fast and smooth!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...