Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line - 2019/2020

Kurt Swanson

From a good ole boy in a camo snowmobile suit and trucker cap: Y'all makin some dangerous ruts with that there ski whaal. Dang near crashed. 

Me: I can't help it, the board makes me do it.

GOB: That so? Well, guessin' sometimes y'all just gotta let the horse have its head...

I'm still not sure if that was a compliment or he was fixing to Skijore me 🏇🏂

• Haha 4

First day of the season for me and first time ever hardbooting in America, and first time in Hunter NY, got two good natured “wheres the other ski”, one very positive “wow thats a monoski”, an “interesting contraception” and a “I dont get that, whats the point” from a typical Karen on the chairlift up. Kept quiet, didn't want her to ask to speak to my manager... Overall a very good day. 

Love spending a weekend at June. Some of the comments I got while lapping Gunsmoke 

(from the chair as I am helping my fiance get the hang of linking turns on the steeper part of the blue run) come on alpine carver! Let's see you make some turns! 

(skier at the top of the lift) you are making some really nice tight turns on that run! 

A fet other similar comments, and then my favorite, also from the top of the lift from a snowboarder:

"dude, what is that, it looks sick, does the tail shape help go fast?" to which I reply that it is made for carving and proceed to start down the run. 1/3 of the way down I see him approaching and pull off to the side to let him pass. Another 1/3 of the way and he stops in the middle of the trail and sits. I go and make a toe side carve right below him, almost close enough to touch his board with my hand that he yanks up in fear.