Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line - 2019/2020

Kurt Swanson

On 2/6/2020 at 6:29 AM, MNSurfer said:

At Breck, some liftie says; "Why don't you just ride a snowboard?". No comment.

I rode up the lift once with an instructor who refused to acknowledge that I was riding a snowboard.  She called it a "carveboard" and insisted that I didn't know what I was talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

I rode up the lift once with an instructor who refused to acknowledge that I was riding a snowboard.  She called it a "carveboard" and insisted that I didn't know what I was talking about.

I wonder if she thinks Ross Rebagliati and Jasey-Jay Anderson won their gold medals in the Olympic sport of carveboarding?

Back to funny stuff... 

Last night we had instructors training, with multiple groups and different topics. One of the students from the Level 2 Prep group pointed towards us (Intro Carving group) and my rig: "What is THAT?". His trainer (also my former student), said: "Oh, that's a carving board". I was on a Dynastar 3800 with 21/3 angles... 🤪 

34 minutes ago, Corey said:

Does anyone remember when this thread was about funny comments in the lift line that confirmed how rare this silly sport is? 

Oh, those were the days... 

Were people here ever funny? I've been told flat out that "THIS IS SERIOUS!" 😛 

Waiting for departure of our heli ski group, our guide was checking everyone's gear. Then she goes: "That's the right board!" (4807 178 with plates). 

Later, she proceded to tell everyone how one gets much better performance from plates and hard boots. 😁 

Edited by BlueB
  • Like 1