Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line - 2019/2020

Kurt Swanson

• 2 weeks later...

On the chair: 

A little ski racer, having a break from training and just riding with his dad, was asking the dad about different types of snowboarding. Dad listed them to the best of his ability and finaly mentions Slalom snowboards (not looking at me on the far side of the chair). 

Kids eyes go big: "Do slalom snowboards even exist?!" 

I just tapped the kid on the shoulder and lifted my OES SL 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, FrankNBeans said:

The three-fer:

One of my neighbor sees me leaving in the mornings with my xc stuff so she assumed I skied. Whelp, at the lift line, we bump into one-another and she says,' We always thought you were a skier?!" I said, 'I won't hold that against you.'

I am on the chair with my French-Canadian friend as two more join us on the quad. They had a strong accent so my friend asked them if they where from France. They said yes and spoke French with each other then they turned to me and said how much they enjoyed watching my turns and haven't seen that since they were in the Alps years ago. That was pretty flattering.

As I walk home, another neighbor is unloading her car with a friend. I stop to say hello when she starts telling her friend she should see me this/that/the other. I say,' Yeah, I'm always listening to Slayer.' The neighbor and I laugh but her friend said, 'Right on!'....and she was serious! That was a little creepy.

SSSSLLLLAAAAYYYEEERRR!!

• Like 2

A guy at the top asked, 'What kind of  bindings are those?'. In my best Dio impression, I said, 'Trench Digggeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrzzzzzzzz!!!' as I slid away. I was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHrXtV5Ck7E&list=PLDmls1XUBoqyJz2ffxmovUCUsbx4JTZc9

🤘🏽 I can hear it!! 🤘🏽

Hearing the usual 'speed board', 'downhill board', 'slalom board' stuff, I am still puzzled by the 'tele-board' reference. I just can't wrap my head around how someone, anyone  could come up with that. Tele-board?!?! I can't imagine I am the only that has heard that. Has anyone that has heard that asked what that even means?

Teleboards were an actual thing like 25 years ago.  Imagine a Skwal mounted with telemark bindings, ridden with telemark boots, and poles.  They went the way of ballet skiing and snowblades.  However they ran an effective free demo program and gained a lot of exposure pretty quickly.  At least they did here in the Northeast.  I still get asked if I'm on a Teleboard now and then.  Drives me up the wall.

• Like 1