Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line - 2019/2020

Kurt Swanson

Two beautiful's, 1 elegent, a Monty Python reference, and a thumbs up from patrol.

One of the most awesome comments ever after I hit a grooming ridge hidden under some fluff, blew out my toeside and slid into some b net by the park, I muttered " wasn't expecting that" The soft booter that was just above my liitle biff heard me, and replied "kinda like the Spanish inquisition"  laughed my ass off.

2 separate members of the telluride ski team at different times commented on the beautiful riding, and trench's Ink, Ice and myself were making, a random skier that joined us on the chair said we all looked so elegant going down the hill. And finally, a patroller slid up as I was pulled off to the side waiting for an opening, and said, with a thumbs up "nice big carves you guys are leaving today"

On the whole , a much more pleasant bunch of encounters than our usual " that there's a speed board" that we usually here from the camo clad KanTexaHomen  holiday visitors.

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

I thought "y'all" was singular and "all y'all" was plural.  So "all y'all's" would be plural possessive.

Nah, y'all is plural for a smaller defined group of people.  All y'all is very plural used for larger crowds.  Us southern born are all about the nuance.  Not to diverge the topic too much, but how do all y'all Canadians address a group of people?

22 minutes ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Not to diverge the topic too much, but how do all y'all Canadians address a group of people?

Usually with “everyone”, “everybody” or “guys”.  Guys would be casual for a small group, as in “hey guys, how’s it going?” The others could be any size group larger than a couple. 

3 hours ago, cin said:

I'm not a native English speaker, but I always imagined "y'all" being short for "you all", so plural..

Also I'm still learning to carve so no nice comments on my cornering. Yet. 🙂

I agree, it's plural. We say "y'all are" (in most cases). There are probably some people who would say "y'all is", but I think that's the exception. 

47 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

Season #51 in Aspen

1st day back...1st ride up Gondola...in bucket and 3 boarders hop in at last second with heavy breathing 🌎 🏂 👽 😱

after 5 minutes of looking at my bindings, one says  " What is That ? " I explained... 😀

board 51.jpg

the leather straps and bolts really do accentuate the Frankenstein monster look 😄

• 2 weeks later...

There is no lift line at Milk, however today over on WesB, 2 new lifties at the bottom, ask what's Cold Surf? ( there are stickers all over the wesB lifts😀)  and then Do You Surf? Stoked, these two Groms are from Hawaii, Ohau, Chuns Reef, North shore stuff, skaters as well, we talked story...then Milkman pulled in and we set them Straight on Dakine Surfing at Milk...they be Stoked Bra!!

• Like 6