Note to New Members ×

Sugarloaf 2019-2020

trailertrash

13 hours ago, trailertrash said:

This week should get better and better, Joe.

Guy, I cant guy. Guy I’ve taken a full time position as a professional U12 assistant. 
I handle all phases of logistics and lodging, meal prep and replenishment, ski tech, yoga instructor, therapist, in transit homework monitor , human ATM machine, laundry service, French braid stylist and on and on, guy.............

• Haha 1

We had an awesome week. Snow was perfect. Had fun making some turns with John and Erik(glad you could make it up Erik) Nice to meet you Jack. I was really happy to be able to ride all week with out too much pain from my recent injury’s. John- next year i hope to get back to some steeper terrain!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Kneel said:

And the word is out. Not place to stay for me and my boys available for miles. I'm trying to escape 3-5 of "wintry mix" in southern VT... 😐

Did you try...

Hostel of Maine

Spillover Motel

Mountain View Motel

White Wolf Inn

Stratton Plaza Hotel

The Herbert Grand Hotel

Three Stanley Avenue

Inn on Winter's Hill

Also there are a lot of private properties on vrbo.com and airbnb.com.

@Kneel  You can also check out our apartment on VRBO number 1493927   A 2 bedroom that sleeps 5 and is less than 2 miles from the lodge and a 3 min walk to the closest shuttle route.   Lots of remaining weekends are booked but lots of mid weeks left... Would love to host you!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be in Bar Harbor from the 12th until the 24th.  Thinking about surfing....  :ph34r: 

If that doesn't happen probably sample Camden or Hermon.

Maybe... just maybe I'll find my way over to the loaf. (How da' heck is the loaf so far away from Bah Hahbor?)

:biggthump

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, powdahbonz said:

Yes, just that there are better options south of BH/MDI and that coastal vicinity

Sure... I've surfed nearly all the main breaks south of Camden to the Connecticut shore... Heck, Oahu is a better option too, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to surf the BH area. 

Mahalo.

50 minutes ago, trailertrash said:

If you're having trouble trying to decide between surfing in Maine in the winter and coming to Sugarloaf, which is arguably the best carving mountain on the East Coast, you should probably go surfing.

I have no issues with deciding... I'll do both!

22 hours ago, trailertrash said:

This weather and future predictions do not look great for future carving.

i think you literally got one of the last best runs down spiillway. it went to spring like conditions about two hours later... even up high. way to go out. just gotta adjust style and change equipment to the conditions. still plenty of season left. maybe see you out there on that monday following the banked if it's decent weather. surface conditions, i'll deal with as long as they're spinning lifts.

Edited by dhamann