Note to New Members ×

A public thank you to my carving brothers + my Mrs, who organized a heli trip for my 50th, last year! As it was late in the season, I got to fly only yesterday. 

We had fantastic blue bird day and dry snow. We flew to the peaks of the Powder Mountain, near Whistler. I rode my 4807 178 and it absolutely ruled the conditions!

Heli2020-1.jpg

Heli2020-2.jpg

Unfortunately, some fool that shouldn't even have been there, have took me out, at full speed, while I was just standing and talking to the guide. He reinjured my bad shoulder/neck to that extent that guide wanted to send me down in the copter 🥴 I had to beg her to give me some time to recompose and cary on riding carefully. Lots of pain, but I completed the day at least. 

Edited by BlueB
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

We had incredible crowds at the Cypress today. Too bad, as the hard pack was really good for carving. We left at the lunch time... 

Also I busted, a newish to me, Nidecker Escape. The cap delamed from the edge just under my front binding, heel side. 😥 

What the hell is wrong with me this year? I'm either busting my boards, or myself 🤪

Edited by BlueB

Monday, the staff training day, had pretty good hardpack and groomed Rainbow! We've set 2 corridors with brushes, 9m at the steep part and 8m at the lower, flatter part. We side-slip groomed the corridor after every few runs. 

Gary and Tony had a go too 🙂

A weird day... Started as 10-15 cm of fluffy stuff over frozen nonsense below, rained a bit mid-morning and turned everything into heavy mash... 

I'm feeling extremely tired after houling 500+ kg of tiles down the "hell stairwell" at my place, yesterday. I think another hour after lunch and I'm done. 

When we arrived to the mountain, we were in a schock - everything groomed! But everything! All the runs around Eagle, except under the chair, but then also Rainbow, even the First Sun! 

Then the big disappointment came... all "fake groom", as someone named it on these boards 😞 Frozen death crunch everywhere, not holding, ice under. The only properly (double pass) done run was the Midway, because of the race club. After exploring all the garbage in the am, I settled there for the pm. But it was wirth it - good snow and no line up. 

Tool: OES SL 

Wowza! Pow day and no crowds!? 

Visibility was low for the firat part of thd morning, but cleared up nicely, later, at the Sky Chair. Run of the day: Ripcord 

There was a fun little course, set with brushes, on the Windjammer. Very tight, and very ruted... A ski instructor that was supervising it challenged me to run the clean edge through it and get a beer (yuck, no scotch?). I didn't run it ckean enough for his liking... 

I teamed up with Patrick for few runs, but where was everyone else? No love for pow any more? Anyways, more pow tomorrow. 

Board: 3800 

Lunch: Chicken currie rice/naan 😛

That sucks... I hope your cold didn't get worse. 

We had fantastic carving snow today. My trsinong group went absolutely ecstatic! One guy was so excited that, after 3 hrs session on his doft boots, he still took one of those beat up Nideckers, for a spin on hard boots. I couldn't stay to teach him, but he emailed that he had great time. 

The only vehicle i saw on the way up tonight was pulled over to the side by the cops. Pretty quiet night of riding, good grippy snow. And the fog lifted not long after i got there.

I struggled to suck in enough air to keep up with the Kessler. Stupid flu.

Hopefully the temps hold until this weekend.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, BlueB said:

Amazing day! 12cm overnight - choice of pow (very soon chop), moguls and well groomed runs on a blue bird day! Oh, and no crowds! 

Tool: Tanker 

Run of the day: Olympic Moguls 

saturday was sick! was totally surprised by the lack of crowds. virus paranoia? regardless, not complaining. 

Interesting day, yesterday, snow in the morning, dunshine in the pm. Nice conditions for both carving and freeride. 

Runs of the day: T33 carving, gully below Trumpeter for freeride. 

Toys: WCRM, 3800 

Luka ditched his club ctoup and skied with Patrick and I in the pm... He's too fast.