Note to New Members ×

And it was mega-pow today! 😋 However, it was a mega-crowd too... 

Sky opened only for 3 laps, then shut down for increasing wind. Poached runs were great. Especialy the trees to the right of Bowen. Bowen to Midway transition still has nasty ditches that can't be seen in flat light... Ripcord was open, but extremely dificult, all the little trees are still sticking out. Trumpeter open, very difficult at upper section, super nice to run out by the B-Hip. Did an accidental cliff drop to that cat track under the Eagle chair, to the amusement of the people on the chair... 

In the pm the sun came out. The flatter runs were in an amazing condition, nicely compacted by the sliding crowds. Especially the Windjamer... 

Weapon of pow destruction: 3800 

Edited by BlueB

Night session, fast and silly snow, sort of sugar on ice... My training session with instructors got canceled, so I got stuck with 3800, whilevI would have been better of with a carver... It still held a pretty goid edge. 

Run of the day (night)... umm... none. 

It started snowing at abkut 8:30! 

Another mega-pow, mega-crowd day, with a collapse of traffic on the snowy road and collapse of the cafeteria during the lunch time... 

The yesterdays bumps still could be felt through the knee deep fresh, making for super deep spots. 

Got lucky with opening of the Raven and got the very first track down the First Sun 🤩

It's still fantastic conditions, wherever you go on the mountain! Cold and dry... I had 6 hrs of instructor training sessions, mostly moguls and trees... 3800. 

However, the drive to the hill was less then fun today - 1hr 45min to get there... 

Edited by BlueB

A rainy day for instrucror training... Snow was surprisingly good, though. Sometimes the extra moisture keeps it somewhat compact and relatively smooth... We had fun in despite of the rain. 

Edited by BlueB

Yesterday didn't look too inviting when I checked the live cams, 1 degree and very poor visibility. I dragged myself out to the hill in the afternoon and I'm glad I did because it turned out to be a great chowder day with hardly any people.

Humpty was softish but a lumpy mess so I went to the other side. Cat track was better but the real treat was getting first tracks down Slash, at 3 PM! While it was chowder on the lower runs, it was dry and soft on everything under Sky. Ripcord and Glades laps until it got dark. First time down Top Gun this season. It was great until you get to the shitty runout to Horizon.

It was snowing wet and heavy all the way down to the first switchback then heavy rain the rest of the way. It's gonna be like that until the weekend so boo.

Just arrived to the hill for instructor training. It's pouring like crazy by the lodge... We'll see later... 

The snow was actually very good! Rain loaded and compacted it nicely. Quite fast and grippy! Of course, we got very wet... 

Edited by BlueB

In the am we had disgusting conditions on the groomed runs, but really good on steep bumpy stuff, on elevations higher then Midway. Really, like being on 2 completely different resorts... 

In the pm the groomers softened and it was actually good everywhere. 

Pretty miserable conditions this morning, first fog, then rain. After 10:30 it started turning into the snow, at higher elevations. 

Complete no-show of the instructor group I was suposed to train this morning. We'll ser what hapoens with the pm group... 

Update: afternoon was great, rain stoped, fog slowly ckeared, sun came out, spring like conditions on the steeps. Rode the Bowen, Ripcord and Top Gun all pm! 

Edited by BlueB

Bumpy and choppy everywhere... Real conditions to teach a group of young instructors to carve 🤪🥴 

At least the rain turned to snow... 

I had 2 runs on an ancuent Nidecker Escape prototype. It actually carved pretty well though that mess... A bit like a narrower Tanker. 

Edited by BlueB

Not to bad! No rain, no crowd, ok visibility... that's already a success, considering all the bad conditions we had lately. 

In the am, the Egle side was quite frozen on top, but nice lower down. Windjammer was actually very nice! 

I rode that old Nidecker whole morning, it is actually a very good and easy board. Patrick was on softies and Nikita on Chubby. 

In the pm I switched to the 3800 and wentvto ride still somewhat frozen moguls on the Rainbow (doable but yucky). Luka's club was also skiing down that like as bunch of little devils... After few laps, I wanted something else and went lapping down Cat Track/ Hutch/ Collins /small park. Hutch actually had bigger moguls than the Rainbow. On the 2nd lap, I fell awkwardly and tweaked the neck/shoulder in exactly the same way as in the beginning of thd season. Just, this time around, it was way more painfull and my right thumb is still numb. I actually had to walk to the bottom of the Hutch and then gingerly ride to the car... day over 😞

On 2/1/2020 at 2:44 PM, BlueB said:

I fell awkwardly and tweaked the neck/shoulder in exactly the same way as in the beginning of thd season. Just, this time around, it was way more painfull and my right thumb is still numb. I actually had to walk to the bottom of the Hutch and then gingerly ride to the car... day over 😞

Ok, that's enough riding from you until your big day. Edit: it's tomorrow!

I skipped yesterday, but I have to run instructors' training  today... 

I managed to postpone the heli for Saturday. The weather will be better anyways. 

Edit: great conditions today! It snowed first, then the sun came out! 

Edited by BlueB