b0ardski

Schwietzer '20, new lifts and old friends

Nice! I didn't know that was in the works. That means faster laps on lower K, right? :biggthump

welcome to the panhandle Art, we should get a beer at pucci's pub this weekend and check out the new construction.

new glades off Kaniksu

spacer.png

Edited by b0ardski

On 11/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, boardguru said:

Howdy Art, is this going to be your home mountain this season? Have a great winter.

Yup.  I should be here all winter, or thereabouts.  I picked up my season pass and am ready to go.

Since you'll be riding there this winter you should check out Montucky Clear Cut as it is right across the border.

The "angry skier" video that Steve's sister made had copyrighted music so youtoob wouldn't allow it to play.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:15 PM, ExcelsiorTheFathead said:

Yup.  I should be here all winter, or thereabouts.  I picked up my season pass and am ready to go.

That's great! I'll hope to see you this winter - it has been a looooong time! Hope you can make it to Libby for the Montucky Clearcut too. 

21 hours ago, ExcelsiorTheFathead said:

Whatever happened to the NICE 2010 vids and the "Angry Skier"?  They aren't on YouTube anymore.

Don't worry. If you're here all season there's a good chance you'll get to meet him 

• Haha 1

I may skip the WROD of midway on opening day, the gaper dodger in me aint got the gumption for the fight anymore

28 minutes ago, ExcelsiorTheFathead said:

Does Schweitzer enforce leashes?

Nope 

On 11/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, b0ardski said:

I may skip the WROD of midway on opening day, the gaper dodger in me aint got the gumption for the fight anymore

but I have a Donek razor and 425 boots to try out, it'll be hard to wait

48 minutes ago, ExcelsiorTheFathead said:

Does Schweitzer enforce leashes?

No, there are dogs running all over that mountain.  Be careful.

I might go Friday unless it is too cold.  I've got nothing else to do.  But I'm going to assume that there are going to be rocks and I'm only riding my disposable board until I get confident about the conditions.  I've got the Sun-Fri pass so Saturdays are out all season. 

How is the bus from the Red Barn?  Is this a good option for going up?

Schweitzer says that there will be no beginner terrain on Friday.  Does this mean that the green trail under Musical Chairs will not be open?  My plan was to park in the lower lot halfway down Musical Chairs and take that chair up.  I always go for the shortest car-to-snow distance.

I take the bus from the red barn daily unless I'm working and I have to be there super early

I went up this morning in the cold and wind.  3 runs and out in less than an hour.  At least it was sunny.  Poor to fair WROD conditions with people going fast, people going slow, everything.  Snow is inconsistent and downright hard in some spots.  I didn't see rocks in the main part of the run but I still took minor scrapy rock damage somehow. 

looking at it on the webcams this morning I had a jones tickle, but figured it would be a sad thing, thanks for the report