Note to New Members ×

Anthony Lakes Session - March 5-8 $140.00

Keenan

So, I cant make it to Montucky this year but I can make it to Anthony Lakes, Oregon.  I'm not posting this in the sessions forum because I'm not organizing anything.  Here are details:

Anthony Lakes has one chair, 900' of vertical and the highest base area in Oregon (7,100 ft.).  

It is cheap, $40 a day with 1/2 price on Thursday.  So 4 days = $140.00 (You can buy discounted tickets on their website or Liftopia for $15-$20 a day)

It is uncrowded.

The grooming is excellent.

It is usually sunny.

It is easy to get to.

Lodging in La Grande or Baker City is cheap. 

Saturday the 7th is "Snowblast", there will be a lot of spectators at the base but no crowds on the hill.  There will be live music and a Chinese Downhill.  Yes, I'm serious.

So, who wants to ride with me?

https://anthonylakes.com

Edited by Keenan
update pricing

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found out that you can buy advance tickets on the Anthony Lakes website for $15 a day!  So if anyone still wants to come out and ride with me it will be $65 for 4 days.  (Thursdays are $20)

https://anthonylakes.ltibooking.com/products/search?utf8=✓&partner_date=2019-12-17&start_date=2020-03-06

If a moderator would like to change the title from $140 to $65 that would be appreciated.  

I might have to buy a camper.

Edited by Keenan
update
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Any special recommendations for lodging, or just find something in Baker City or La Grande?

edit: booked an Airbnb in La Grande, it's almost the same distance from AL as Baker City, but it's 45 min closer to Portland. 

Will be riding Friday to Sunday. 

8 hours ago, jburk said:

Any special recommendations for lodging, or just find something in Baker City or La I?

edit: booked an Airbnb in La Grande, it's almost the same distance from AL as Baker City, but it's 45 min closer to Portland. 

Will be riding Friday to Sunday. 

I think it's the High School Basketball finals in Baker City and a livestock show, so there is more availability and cheaper rooms in La Grande that weekend.  On a different note, the last time I was there the lift op was wearing leather chaps and a cowboy hat, he had already worked the livestock at sun up.  

7 hours ago, jburk said:

I have to thank @Keenan for bringing this to my attention.  I just bought three days' worth of lift tickets for a family of four for the princely sum of $187. Total.  For 12 tickets. 

It's like the 70s, but without the disco.

Now that you mention it, there is a disco band playing in the lodge from 3-6 on Saturday the 7th.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, snowcoach said:

Scheduling conflict for me, won't be able to join you.  Enjoy!!

Next time. Great runs, great locals.                            Today was busy, Winter Carnival, new snow, I had to wait in line behind two other groups at least three times. And it once again cost $14.50 to ride today.

Edited by Keenan
update

Just got back from 3 days at Anthony Lakes.  Will be going back next year, most likely more than once. 

For a single-chair hill, it's got a ton of variety for carving. Grooming was really good, no crowds even on Sunday, and super-cheap. I ended up with 12 lift tickets for $187. 

Here's a shot of what happens when you arrive 30 minutes after opening on a bluebird Sunday: we ended up twice as far from the lodge compared to the day before. Hard times indeed. 

IMG_20200308_093755.jpg

• Haha 1