Note to New Members ×

Montucky Clear CUT 2020 Stoke!

dredman

Unfortunately Amtrak doesn't seem to offer baggage handling service in Libby, so there's no one to offload any baggage, boards, etc you can't fit next to your seat, or cabin if you book one.  I looked into the Empire Builder from Portland to Libby both for 2019 and 2020, had to do the drive instead both years. 

Maybe this is something we should see if we can line up with Amtrak for next year?  Sure they'd sell a fair number of seats in and out of Libby for the duration of the event. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pow4ever said:

thank you @jburk for the intel.
Guess train is out for now...  would be really cool to travel by rail for snowboarding.
More leisure and relax compare to AirTravel it's just rush rush rush....

I will be contacting Amtrak to see if we can get baggage services into Libby for the 2021 event.  Stay tuned!

• Thanks 4

On 2/24/2020 at 12:05 PM, dredman said:

I will be contacting Amtrak to see if we can get baggage services into Libby for the 2021 event.  Stay tuned!

hahaha....  what other excuse would we use for not showing up to the carving event of the season 😉
Thank you again for doing this! MCC and everything.
For me the train things is just "what if I retired and got time on my hand"....  ETA 20+ years lol...

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 9:05 AM, dredman said:

That would be amazing! The west-bound train arrives at an awkward time in the morning - 5:20 a.m. - so people arriving by train would also need some kind of ground transportation on arrival...is there a shuttle service in town? Of course, people would also need somewhere to go, but you could potentially drop your stuff and then head up to Turner. 

I took the train to Whitefish this winter and it is hands-down easier and more pleasant than driving.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...