Note to New Members ×

WTF 2020. 1/17 through 2/1

snowreport: mon dec 23, 2019
howdy all

yesterday it was 55degrees in town in the afternoon sunshine and I was wondering what was going

on on the hill. thought it was going to be an ice rink, but this morning it was good considering  how

things are. a slight dusting over groom on the front and I don't think the snow set-up overnight. the

backside was pretty good and they groomed slivertip the only good run. the front top third was good,

but below the bench it was icy and they did not groom the bottom cause there is not much snow.

about 10:30am it starts to really dump for a hour and down low it was a little icy rain. again classic

big mountain fog on the top and holiday crowds gets crazy and it is time to call it... the snow was a

surprise and felt like winter...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 12...

snowreport: tue dec 24, 2019
howdy all

it started to dump about 6am and by 8am there was over an inch of wet snow here in town. the

snow caught everyone by surprise and the city did not plow the road to the mountain. the snowbus

got stuck in the slippery mess, but lucky they are running an extra bus for the holidays. there were

a few cars that could not make it up the hill. about 3 plus inches of good dry snow on chair 2 and

after everyone goes to chair 1 ed's run was empty so I stayed there and did not go up to the summit.

power carving thru 6 plus inches push piles, should have brought the softies. made a few runs and

the holiday crowds starts to build. this new snow was much needed and should groom down good.

tomorrow should be quiet in the morning and everyone shows up later...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 11...

snowreport: wed dec 25, 2019
howdy all

merry Christmas! … yesterdays snow got groomed down and it was kinda good. still some big rocks

on ed's run and there are a lot of dips rollers. ed's gets empty after chair 1 opens so I stayed there

and did not go up to the summit. did a couple hours and I was feeling cold so called it. the new snow

carved good and made some tight carves. we still need a lot more snow to get where we should be.

wasn't too crowded in the morning and even when I left. lightly snowing for the first hour and just a

dusting over groom. carve some tight turns so It was a fun morning...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 11...

snowreport: thu dec 26, 2019
howdy all

nice colder temps made for great grippy groomers. today was fun, it was the kind where you could

really push it. made some really tight carves. me and rick picking up rocks, but there where so many

all over the run on ed's. I stayed on ed's all day, it was nice after everyone goes to chair 1. the holiday

crowds wasn't so bad and no lift line wait. I went up to the summit and was going to take break up

there, but it looked packed so decided to go down to the base lodge. rode hard all morning and was

pooped by 2pm... someone is throwing rocks in front of chair 2 gates... such a loser...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 2...

snowreport: fri dec 27, 2019
howdy all

holiday madness! it was the craziest scene I have ever witness. I sat in the middle of ed's run on

my second lap and was horrified to see gangs of teenagers flying down skiing close together near

little kids group and families. wall to wall people flying down like highway traffic with no way to cross.

people thins out when chair 1 opens, but they keep coming and it is time to leave. made a few carves

and always looking back for bombers. again did not go up to the summit and stayed on chair 2.

snow was a little firmer and carved good. snowing all morning with a dusting of very lite fluffy snow.

I was sitting on the left side on the chair and coming off the lift the kid next to me runs over my tail

and I fell on my left shoulder and hurt my lower back and shoulder, but not so bad... there were a

bunch of people getting off the train this morning... 

rode the 165amt from 9 till 11...

snowreport: sat dec 28, 2019
howdy all

no new snow and getting buffed out icy firm. stayed on chair 2 all morning cause the line on chair 1

was backed up till the end of the gates. I was going to work on my verts on chair 1, but today was

super busy. took it easy and worked on my verts on chair 2 making a few carves on the flat spots

when it is clear of people. snow was icy firm and gets scraped off into sugar powder. not the best

carving day, but new snow is in the forecast and another week till we get our mountain back. really

should stay home during the holidays, but need to get in shape for the good days to come... high

overcast and a little chilly... met doug from Portland on a mk, but did not ride with him...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 12...

snowreport: sun dec 29, 2019
howdy all

ditto as yesterday and not much report. just cruising around and taking it easy and enjoying the day.

I did do a chair 1 up to the summit, but I am still not liking the conditions. scrapped off polish ice and

chewed up loose sugar powder and snow is beat up used. we really need a refresh of new snow. just

working on verts and getting legs in shape. I have been carving a little and sit on the runs to rest and

was called out by a couple of regular skiers for sitting a lot. forecast is nice tomorrow then a warm up

with rain/snow all week... hoping for some powder...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 1...

snowreport: mon dec 30, 2019
howdy all

again no new snow and getting buffed out smooth. icy groomers and carvable on the flat spots.

foggy middle of ed's run and took a break about 11am at the summit and it was kinda sunny with

an inversion. heard the inversion was stronger earlier in the morning. weather comes in tomorrow

and hope we get some new snow and maybe bottomless powder by next weekend, should snow

all this week... cruising around and working on verts...

met someone I like who has roots here, home for the holidays, but is now living in aussie land...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 1...

snowreport: tue dec 31, 2019
howdy all

super foggy and humid and buffed out firm with creamy dusting of new snow. could not get an edge in

and just slarving down and making quick laps. stayed on ed's and did not go up to the summit. the goggles

starts to rime up about 10am and it is time to call it... went back up the mountain to watch the torch light

parade and the fireworks. it was dumping hard and there was some good pow on the hill... decided to go

into town for a little while... bad move... it was raining in town and was really warm...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 11...

snowreport: thu jan 02, 2020
howdy all

Happy New Year

took the first day of the year off and it was a good decision. heard it was a soggy mess and one

of the most busiest day. today was nice with high overcast then later it got sunny. the snow was

soft in places and kinda firm in others. if it doesn't snow tomorrow it would be a great second day

groom, but it supposed to dump tonight. the crowds wasn't so bad and made a bunch of runs and

it was a nice day and just cruised around and made some good turns... today was fun...

snowreport: fri jan 03, 2020
howdy all

humid and warm and foggy with two inches over groom. snow was soft enough to carve thru when

on edge, but later push pile sets up and gets too bumpy. have family here and hung out on chair 6

with my nieces kid learning to ski for a little while then rode with my nieces husband and did some

runs. it was foggy and bumped up and really hard on the legs so I called it at 2pm. forecast for

tomorrow is really high winds... howdy Cuban wtf will come sooner than later... see you soon...

the hill is finally looking like it should... more snow is on its way...

snowreport: sat jan 04, 2020
howdy all

huh!... today's weather was all over the place, one of the lifties called it confusing and she was right.

started off classic big mountain fog up high and kinda good groomers (bumpy in the seams) on chair 2.

the flat spots are groomed better and some light snow now and then with a little wind. stayed on chair 2

till 11am then went up to the summit to take my break and looking out the window it is dumping hard

and going side ways as the wind picks up. did a few runs on chair 1 and then the fog moves out and

ptarmigan bowl was groomed really nice and smooth and did a few runs thru it when the fog cleared.

went to chair 2 about 1:15pm to take a pee then went up the lift then about halfway up the wind goes

nuts and the snow blows off the trees and the runs are littered with tree parts and the chairs going

down are flipping up then the next run the wind dies down and the sun is trying to come out then it

is sunny for half an hour. just missed the 2pm snowbus cause it was sunny and nice and thought i

could squeeze in another run. looking west there was a dark cloud on the way and it starts to dump

about 2:30pm as I waited for the next snowbus. today carved really good and rode hard all morning

and was pooped by 2pm. the crowds wasn't so bad cause the weather report called for really high

winds all day... you guys should have been here...

snowreport: sun jan 05, 2020
howdy all

super high overcast with a little fog at the summit. flat lighting at times in the morning. really nice

groomers just enough grippyness to hold an edge. the snow was drier and did not stick to your gear.

no wind and it was a nice day and carved hard early and took it easy later and just enjoyed the day.

wanted to stay longer, but my body couldn't take it anymore. sat and watched the tommy moe kids

race a few times. it was from hellroaing just below new day and ended at the bottom of ed's on skiers

right. not that crowded for a sunday and I think a lot of out of towners are gone. tomorrow should

be nice with a few inches new and we are getting our mountain back... good groomers...

snowreport: mon jan 06, 2020
howdy all

went with the softies thinking there was soft groomers, but the groomers was pretty firm with a few

inches on top depending when it was groomed. the new snow was light and dry and off groom was 

a little deeper with a firm base. classic big mountain fog up high then slowly gets lower through out

the day. started nice then by 10am it starts to snow and snows good all day. tracks gets refilled and

the fun factor gets funner on the softies. just at the end of my day at 2pm there was a little sticking

on the goggles, but was more tired and hungry so called it... today was a fun winter day...

rode the 152wfs from 9 till 2...

snowreport: tue jan 07, 2020
howdy all

stepped out of the house this morning and it was raining. the snow around town mixed with rain

made it a slippery mess. the road going up the mountain was really bad where the wet meets the

ice. classic fog and really humid made for a rimey day. as soon as you get going from the summit

the light rime from the fog builds on your goggles. the snow up high was nice and soft, but down low

it was kinda heavy. had a couple bottomless runs on the face and that made my day. it got bumped

up heavy later and it was hard work and it was time to call it. about 6in. new and more in the forecast.

one more day of warm weather then a cool down all next week...

rode the 152wfs from 9 till 1...