Note to New Members ×

in need of carving equip! 220lbs mondo 30.5

Guest Winstonflame

Guest Winstonflame

I put my last posting in the wrong section. I'm new to the carving world and need the gear to get the go. Boots size 30.5 and board good enough for 220lbs. Binding of course too. I already have a softboot setup and I'm carving a bit on a Nemesis 168. Any potentials greatly appreciated!

The seller doesn't accept paypal, making a direct balance transfer necessary - a pain in the rear!

In any case, make sure the seller will go through the trouble of shipping to the US and be prepared to pay the steep price tag: depending on the exact weight, expect to pay $65-95 for shipping...:(

Guest Earl H

I just went up to Tahoe this weekend. I've decided to sell my stuff. I have a Coiler Freecarve 178. When I bought it I was 190lbs. I'm currently 210lbs, 5'10". I'm not sure how aggressive you ride, but the board seemed more than capable of putting up with what I was putting it through. It's very rare that I slip out of a turn, this board has lots of edge. The board was custom for me. It was finished with an extra layer of laminate on the top sheet. Check out the website www.coiler.com for info on the board specs. The Bindings are Catek World Cup Series - long. I'm not sure what length they'll fit up to. Check out the website and contact support - www.catek.com. No way my boots would fit you -sorry.

The board is clean. I bought it probably about 5 years ago. I've only had it on the slopes maybe 3-4 times. I don't even have it sorted out for me. Edges are sharp, bottom is clean - no gouges or scrapes. Top sheet is in good condition.

In case you're wondering why I'm selling it. I used to ride quite a bit. I haven't been up in a long time until this past weekend. I have three boards that have been sitting around and I'm getting rid of them because I don't ride anymore. This one is the newest and it's a shame that it sits. I feel it's just too long for me and how I want to ride. I'll probably get a shorter board with a tighter sidecut radius, that is if I make up my mind to ride next season.

If you're interested, email me and I'll take some pics to send you. I haven't thought of a price yet, but I'll give it some thought. The bindings were +$200 new and the board was +$400 new. Of course I'll not be asking $600 for a used board.

Forgot to mention - unfortunately, the top sheet has my name on it - I didn't write it there Bruce Varsava (Coiler) did. I never contacted him to see if it could be removed.

Originally posted by Jutta

The seller doesn't accept paypal, making a direct balance transfer necessary - a pain in the rear!

In any case, make sure the seller will go through the trouble of shipping to the US and be prepared to pay the steep price tag: depending on the exact weight, expect to pay $65-95 for shipping...:(

I dont think shipping would be that much. I paid $45 to have some boots shipped from germany

also, one could send a postal money order. even international ones arent that expensive

if the price stays low, then its a good deal, even with shipping. those are good boots!

Winston, I don't know what your budget is, but here's some new Deeeluxes I found on eBay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Performancedownhill_Snowboard-Boots_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm.

They got a 2005 LeMans for $325, and your size is hard to come by, might be worth a shot.

If you can fit in a 30.0, Fin has some '04 leftover Indy's for $399, most places are still getting full price for them, just over $500. If you can deal with orange that's a half decent price IMO.

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/deeluxe_indy.cfm