Note to New Members ×

Montucky Clear CUT 2019

dredman

I didn't get my car stuck without being pulled out.  But when you'er blocking the only road to 3 feet of powder someone will pull you out.  Best time in 10 years you have to make it to Turner and maybe visit Lost Trails on the way to or from.

turner Wed.jpg

• Like 1

That video really captured the magic of the event.

I had such a blast, and it was so nice to have all of those private powder days in a row, crazy awesome fun, hopefully the stars will align again next February, and we have a repeat, either way, it will be an amazing 4 days!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2019 at 4:02 PM, b0ardski said:

as epic as those powdays were, I wouldn't mind getting some firm cord at the next carve event :freak3:

I'm with the guy with the pointy stick things: Hoping for some glorious and firm cord for the next one. But, if we have to ride deep powder for 4 days, that's ok too. 😉

Soft cord is about the worst option as we'd chop that stuff to shreds by noon. Might even get the plate out if that happens! 

I wish I could guarantee snow and weather conditions for the event.  The crazy amount of snow we had last year was epic to some and an epic learning experience for others.  

We have picked that week in February because they historically have very good snow coverage and normal wintertime weather.  

I completely agree with you all, either a ton of new powder or little-to-no new snow for chalky groomers.  We all love 3rd day groomed!  No resort could have packed down that much snow, at those temperatures into anything other than what we had. Turner is very aware that we are carvers and want chalky firm groomers and love our event and the attendees.  They will be doing everything possible to get way ahead with the grooming. But like I said before, No Guarantees on snow or weather.

Enjoy your summers!  Registration details to be coming soon!

David

www.montuckyclearcut.com

• Thanks 1