Note to New Members ×

Stomp Pad Favorites

snowburn

Curious what stomp pads you guys prefer. I have used the old large foam pads. I've been searching for these without any luck. Now most are dinky ones. I did find a decent size one from Dakine. Plus this other one with the ridge on it that is 3 piece to spread out. Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

IMG_20181221_201113078[1].jpg

IMG_20190606_223803143_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20190606_223918458_HDR[1].jpg

I'd say that Dakine Spike and Crab Grab Shark Teeth are functionally identical. Note that this is a hardboot-centric site, and hardboots tend to tear up the foam pads. I liked the foam ones when I was in softboots, but admittedly didn't try a pointy plastic one. 

I split my Spike to have 3 rows near the heel edge and 2 rows near the toe edge. 

Pro-tip: add velcro so you can remove the pad to pack boards together. Loop side on board, hook side on stomp pad. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, daveo said:

My experience with both the current generation of Dakine spike and Crab Grab Shark Teeth is that teeth on the Crab Grab is monumentally more durable.

@snowburn my config is below if you really want to see

Lryklgc.jpg

Nice boards! I thought about using 2 sheets for a wider pad

48 minutes ago, Corey said:

I'd say that Dakine Spike and Crab Grab Shark Teeth are functionally identical. Note that this is a hardboot-centric site, and hardboots tend to tear up the foam pads. I liked the foam ones when I was in softboots, but admittedly didn't try a pointy plastic one. 

I split my Spike to have 3 rows near the heel edge and 2 rows near the toe edge. 

Pro-tip: add velcro so you can remove the pad to pack boards together. Loop side on board, hook side on stomp pad. 

Great tip! Thanks

3 minutes ago, snowburn said:

Can do that too with 2 of them. Sometimes my aim ain't so good and I end up half on the pad. So I figured 2 would be better😀

On my Oxess, I've used 2.

Don't worry, my aim ain't good either, well at least that's what the puddles engulfing the surrounds of my toilet tell me.

• Haha 1

One of the local riders here in Portland, Jburk, told me he's been attaching his stomp pads with industrial strength velcro. That way he can remove the stomp pads for grinding - the velcro patch is thin enough to go through the grinder without creating problems. 

• Like 2

I had this one sitting around for years and my youngest daughter swiped it and put it on her board.  She liked it because she has a lot of Scanner blood in the veins. When I explained to her who it reps, she watched some vids and Terje got himself a new #1 fan.  He seems ageless and none of his riding ever seems dated.

IMG_1947.JPG

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/7/2019 at 10:15 AM, Corey said:

@Corey what did you do at the bottom of the pads: remove the original film completely or slice it off at the width of the Velcro and leave the balance on?
Velcro and stomp pads in hand.