Note to New Members ×

Alloy Snowboards D.O. 161

Alloy Snow USA

I’m selling a new 18/19 Alloy D.O. 161.  Great softboot carver and BX racer.  Chronick Booster metal plate on the ultra core.  ISO NHS 7816 race base.  Waist width 25.2.  Positive camber with a directional tapered shape.  MSRP is $999 USD.  End of season price is $500.  

26E7389C-366F-4EBB-8FB1-2BDD2B9BA204.jpeg

26409FED-8D5F-4BAC-881A-1906C9D1C435.jpeg

703C7196-E303-4599-9271-D29F1B840EEB.jpeg

Edited by Alloy Snow USA

10 hours ago, daveo said:

Can I ask what the Chronick Booster metal plate is? Seems interesting!

The Chronick Booster is a nickel/chrome smelted alloy material.  3 times more pop than ordinary metals.  This is exclusive to Alloy Snowboards.  I just added a photo of the D.O. with a clear top sheet so you can see the two metal strips.  

C7B5FE57-3B75-44E4-87E5-A32DAABA5037.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daveo said:

Ah ok. I prefer predictability over pop. I guess I'm out. Thanks for your response, think, it sounds interesting and looks cool. 

I’d say it’s a predictable pop.  Hit me up at reppiiinsnowllc@gmail.com.  I’ll get a demo out to you when the season comes. Unless you live near a mountain that’s still open.  I can also send you a video review done by Martin Drayton.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alloy Snow USA said:

What size foot?

That guy doesn’t need a snowboard. His regular shoes are classified as pow boards by themselves. 

But I digress. Even I with my measly 27mp foot have plenty of overhang. A 27cm wide version would be very interesting indeed!

• Like 2

Daveo - I had a 161 Demo I got from Don and I can say it's a Turny Predictable Little Bandit!!       AND I'd say  if I could find an unmolested carbon 2017-2018 (the shiny topsheet model)  D O 161  I'd by it in a heartbeat!

You seriously gotta try this board!  Trust me, you won't be disappointed!!   

• Like 3

It's purely a visual thing - no difference in performance - just don't like the latter model flat black top sheet 

I thought the shiny top sheet model was the Bomb!, and  yes it made it Super Slippery without a Big Stomp Pad!

I rode both. Size 9 boot. No riser/no boot out. The 161 favors a lighter rider and the 165 favors someone heavier. My 165 is all I rode from the day I got it in late December. A day here or there. The closest board I rode this season to my DO Was a 2004 lib Grocer... very similar dimensions aside from the large flipped tip and tail

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Shred

Don and Shane at Alloy said the DO series boards are incrementally 15% stiffer as you go up the board lengths....so the 165 is 15% stiffer than the 161.... and  the 161 is 15% stiffer than the 159

I'm a 230lb big boy and I loved the 161....but I like a softer board  you can ride all day.... not one that destroys your thighs after just 2 hours of riding. 

I would buy another 17/18 161 if I found one!

• Like 2

I’d say Barry is right and both boards are as sweet as can be. The 161 would be better for a lighter rider -200lbs. Very quick edge to edge at any speed. Round  turns with no loss of speed/ actually accelerates on medium pitches. Point it and hold on whenever you like. Predictable and stable. Very capable and an extremely high quality build. (Nidecker factory) base is fast and strong. Put 40 days on mine this past season and it rejected everything. 

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...