Note to New Members ×

Bromont Spring carving

crote123

12 minutes ago, barryj said:

Crote and Redia

That looks like Great conditions!   Looks like time for a road trip!!  It's only 2 hours drive for me!!!

When does Bromont close for the season??

Yeah, nice conditions.  Icy but very grabby, just let the board do the magic.

Not sure when Bromont closes, I haven't seen any dates set yet.  Unfortunately, the forecast does not bode well starting Sunday til Tuesday.  Lots of rain will make the conditions much worse. We'll see!

3 minutes ago, Freezer said:

Nice stuff!  That place is deserted- where is everybody?

Early Friday morning.    From 8h40 to about 10h45.  It was starting to get crowded when I left at that time.  We did have to wait once in a while to let the skiers thru to have a clean run.  But I think that at one point, we were scaring them and that kept them away 😀

1 minute ago, crote123 said:

Early Friday morning.    From 8h40 to about 10h45.  It was starting to get crowded when I left at that time.  We did have to wait once in a while to let the skiers thru to have a clean run.  But I think that at one point, we were scaring them and that kept them away 😀

You're lucky.  I get tired of looking up hill every friggin' turn to make sure some jackass skier isn't straightlining at mach speed down the middle of the piste.  😠

Great raw footage. Shooting vids of your riding buddies is such a good thing to be able to do.
Would be even better with some form of stabilisation run over it.

Freeware options include
http://www.virtualdub.org/download.html
https://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

I use this software myself. Lots of online resources to give you tips to get good results with VirtualDub & the Deshaker plugin, including YouTube vids.

@SunSurfer

Well, I had tried with iMovie but an old version, so I guess it wasn't very good.  I downloaded a newer version (as you can see, I don't use it often...) but the stabilization was horrendous. Your links are appreciated but Windows only...  So I set out to find some free tool.  Found a few free trials.  Tried them but had issues loading the software or videos had watermarks and more.  Then I remembered that Google Photos has a video stabilizer (but only on phone it seems).  Tried that.  Uploaded but video was only only 360p.  Tried a different upload option and this time allows for HD.

So, should be better now.  tx