Note to New Members ×

Leiftech eboard

AcousticBoarder

Tell you what...the one wheel I have,  has these foot restraints, or rather Bindings, to hold your feet on the board, I don't have them 😀 as I am not Catching Air... surely they add a lot by the direct connection to the Stick... why I have questioned to myself, the whole No Board whatever...It is not just that your foot is attached, rather that attachment, enhances greatly our ability to apply pressure both Up and Down

Based on the videos on their website, that board is for skidding, not carving. I don't remember what it was called, but there was a non-powered skateboard that had trucks with a center wheel like the leiftech trucks about 15 years ago. I don't think I ever got on one, but I remember seeing people riding them and thinking that all they were doing was sideslipping on asphalt. Agree with Mig that two trucks and 4 wheels are the best for carving...or maybe a Dirtsurfer 🙂 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, Mig said:

@Dan your thinking of the Freeboard, which the Leiftech thingy seems to be just an electric version of.

Yes! That's what I was thinking of - I looked for their website and it seems they're still in business, but it doesn't look any better to me than the early models did. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/31/2019 at 3:39 PM, AcousticBoarder said:

Anyone try this? They are marketing it as a 365 day esnowboard that you can carve. 

https://leiftech.com

I had the sbx summerboard (their new board). And ultimately sold it. Felt more like just a fun toy to play around with sometimes. To slow, short range, not much power especially uphill, not as stable and easy to control as some other eskates (settled on the lacroix lonestar)

Edited by Tddragon