Note to New Members ×

Snow sticking to Top Sheet

jp1

On the top sheet of my racing skis I use Nu-Finish - cause its cheap. Most of the white liquid waxes are identical {Turtle Wax, 2000, Mequires, Ultimate Finish, etc}.

As far as Rain-X goes...in the spring when the snow starts getting your bases filthy, use Rain-X on the base to clean between runs. Gets the dirt out and man is it slippery in the start.

On the top sheet of my racing skis I use Nu-Finish - cause its cheap. Most of the white liquid waxes are identical {Turtle Wax, 2000, Mequires, Ultimate Finish, etc}.

As far as Rain-X goes...in the spring when the snow starts getting your bases filthy, use Rain-X on the base to clean between runs. Gets the dirt out and man is it slippery in the start.

I heard rainx eats the base and makes them impossible to wax later???? comments?

i second the nu finish as a good method. don't put rain-x on your base it just sounds like a bad idea to me and ptex is sensitive enough as is.

on another note, plastx which you can get at autozone is great for buffing small scratches out of topsheets if you are the kind of person who cares about those things. it also buffs scratches out of ipods.

Alex

Guest Tim Tuthill

As someone said before, " There tools, not jewls" That said, I have been using velcro strips an my tails for a few years. Works great! When someone slides over the top they don't touch the topsheet. I'll have them set up at Aspen! Check em out!

I met a guy at Waterville Valley with F2 that he loved.

I had snow sticking all over my board that day and snow just slid off of his top sheet. Water was beading on his top sheet like crazy too. I started to ask him what was on it and before i had a chance to ask I noticed something....

He had put something that looked like big blobs of chairlift grease on the back of his board.

So I said "Hey, I think you went through some stuff on your board", pointing to the goopy mess on the tail.

"He said- that is to keep people from running over my board."

I said I couldn't see how that would stop anyone, but it might prevent scratches.

Anyhow no less than minute later some huge guy in NY Giants jacket just glides in line and skis right over the tail of his board. He looks at the kid with a *sorry kid, but what the hell are you gonna do anyway look*.

We'll this big guy had to pole like crazy to get to the chairlift in his lift lane- as if all his glide was stripped or his base had glue on it.

Of course the kid was snickering- and no it was not CMC. I never found out what was on his board. I avoided that lift lane all day.

Anyone know who this guy was? Whatever was on the rest of his board worked great- but I never caught up to him for the rest of the day, He was a decent rider, skinny kid, and rode motorcycles for racing in the summer.

________

Iolite Vaporizer