Note to New Members ×

Klug Riding number

Guest Crispy23

I jumped right on the band wagon, ordered product from the site on 11-18-03. I have a confirmation number have sent several e-mails, and have not heard any thing. I know Chris is not to blame and that burton is. Heard some good news from a friend who ordered product as well she said she finally saw a charge for stuff one her credit card from BURTON. Maybe she is close to getting her stuff as well. She order before thanksgiving!

I am going to see Chris in a few days I'm sure this is not the type of customer service and support from burton he hoped for when he started pimping gear on his web page.

Let me know how your orders have been delt with, and I'll let him know when I see him Wedsday.

Good Luck

Guest woodman

I emailed them with a question about Automat's for my son and still haven't heard from them. I'd probably buy more than just the bindings (they've got a 135cm FP he'd love to own) but when I didn't get an answer to my question I kinda got miffed and am looking elsewhere. I'd like nothing more than to help support Chris and his effort to give us another good source for Alpine gear, especially for my 8 year old whom I'm training to hopefully compete some day, but it makes it hard with any merchant to stand behind them when there is a lack of communication or follow through. I'm in retail and know how hard running a business can be, but when customers are knocking on your door, you've got to make an effort to answer the call. I'm still hoping to do business with them, but am finding it more out of loyalty to my son than to helping Chris keep the sport alive. Just my 2 cents,

Good carving,

Paul

Guest Randy S.

I ordered and received the mini bindings for my son. They don't fit his boots so I want to return them. I replied to the confirmation email I got, plus copied the email from the site. That was over a week ago and I haven't received ANY reply (even an automated one) from anyone. Its starting to piss me off.

Guest annoyedatklug

On hold at Burton as we speak.

I ordered a board on Nov. 19th. Nothing received, no order on credit card nothing. No phone number to call, no responses to my email.

If they aren't going to provide the product, they should probably take down the web site.

Guest annoyedatklug

Burton is shipping everything directly from their warehouse. My order hasn't shipped yet.

It looks like a lot of what they are selling may or may not be in stock.

Phone Burton and tell them what is going on. It seems like they will sort things out (although that remains to be seen).

Guest ethanpt

I ordered a board, recieved a confirmation # and never got it- I called Burton, they never recieved my order. They were really helpful- I ordered directly with them. I sent messages to Chris Klug- never responded- had I not called Burton, I would never have recieved a board. I recomend people call and order directly from burton

Guest zahgurim

The number I used was (800) 881 3138.

I have had a few problems with Klugriding as well...I placed an order for boots n bindings, and didn't hear from them for a while...no returned messages.

Finally get my order after gettting ahold of Burton, and they sent the wrong size boots! All that waiting, and I'm still missing races because somebody at the Burton order dept is an idiot...

On the Burton site they said they had nothing to do with Klugriding, yet the order confirmation came from them, and it was Burton people dealing with it, and it was shipped out of the Burton warehouse...Haha, ok, I think they are just trying to avoid bad PR...

They need to get their s**t together!

Guest woodman

my local connection here has had success with the Klug site and said that he can get my son's 135cm FP shipped out for what it would cost me to do it through the website. He might just be cutting me a deal, but I'd suggest talking with your local shop and see if they can do the same. It might just be the old shop vs. individual problem.....one is given more respect over the other?

Good carving,

Paul

Here is my experience:

1. I ordered a board on Klugriding.com and got an email confirmation with the subject "Klug Riding Order Confirmation 12xx," and the message "Thanks for your order. If you have any questions, please contact us at info@burton.com!" No information other than that - Make sure you print out the confirmation web page.

2. A week went by, and I noticed that my credit card had not been charged. So, I sent email to sales@klugriding.com. Chris himself responded to the email ... by forwarding it to Burton. The proform gal at Burton responded by saying that "the board is no longer available." I found this odd, because the board was still listed as available on the Klugriding web site. I was a bit peeved that they cancelled my order without notifying me. The Klugriding web site seems to be about a week late in updating its inventory.

3. But I ordered a different board anyway, hoping I would select a board that happened to still be available. I ordered a board, and checked with the proform gal to make sure it was really in stock. It appears that Klugriding only takes orders. Everything else - billing, inventory, shipping, returns, customer service - is handled by Burton.

4. A week went by, and I noticed that my credit card had not been charged. So, I sent email to the proform gal, and she said that for some reason she could not figure out, the order was put on hold. So, she rushed the board out via overnight FedEx for no extra charge.

5. I got the board, and the charge on my credit card was about $20 more than the grand total listed on the Klugriding confirmation web page that I had printed out. Apparently, tax is added when goods are shipped to CA, NY, VT, MA and WA. This is not mentioned on the final confirmation web page that shows the "grand total." The tax is mentioned on one of the order form web pages, but I didn't notice it. The Klugriding site is not set up to calculate tax that is applied to orders.

If anyone is having problems, let me know and I'll connect you with the proform gal at Burton.

A bumpy process, but I now have a Burton Speed 168W (22.5 cm waist) that I hope to use as a poor man's SWOARD.

There is a possibility that a Burton Dealer can order this stuff via the Burton Dealer web site at

https://dealer.burton.com/default.asp

in which case you might avoid the shipping costs if the shop also happens to be ordering other stuff from Burton as well. The dealer web page also probably has real-time inventory status.

Aspen, CO (Thursday, January 1, 2004) - Olympic bronze medalist and liver transplant survivor Chris Klug (Aspen, CO) has developed a new e-commerce web site, www.klugriding.com, solely dedicated to getting alpine snowboarding gear into the hands of riders in North America.

“I realized that even some of the countries top racers have a hard time getting gear,” said Klug, who spends his off season as a public speaker for organ donor awareness “I’ve been working on this for more than a year and the entire goal is to get more kids exposed to alpine racing and then to get them the equipment they need to compete.”

After picking up a snowboarding in 1976, strapped with a pair of Moon Boots and a roll of duct tape, the 11-year Burton Snowboards rider has since tallied a highlight list that dates back to 1991. But the heart of his career is working to develop young riders. Partnering with his sponsor, the web site will make available Burton alpine snowboarding hard goods including boards, bindings and boots to the general public.

“I receive around 40 to 50 emails per day from my own web site (www.chrisklug.com) from kids all over the country asking if I can help them find alpine gear. So I approached Burton with the idea and we’ve been developing it for the past few years. It’s great to finally see it happen and I’m looking forward to huge results - it will be a pilot program for both of us, said Klug.”

"We're excited to be partnering with Chis and his on-line store klugriding.com,” said Burton Snowboards Director of Sales, Clark Gundlach. “It's great to see a retail store dedicated to supporting the alpine riding community, and there's no better person to energize the alpine business than Chris!"

One of the world biggest ambassadors for snowboarding, Klug has nine career World Cup podiums including four wins and a numerous national titles. He has been a part of snowboarding’s evolution from the early days of wooden boards with bungee strap bindings to the current state-of-the art technology that is on the snow today.

His Aspen based snowboard camp enters its fourth year this season and has introduced the sport to hundreds of children nationwide with the help of the most respected coaches and professionals in the business, yet Klug lists klugriding.com as one of his biggest career accomplishments.

“This project has been my biggest homework assignment since high school and hopefully it will be the most rewarding,” said Klug.

Copyright © 2001-2003 First Tracks!! Online

Annoyedatklug here... didn't want to use my regular id so my girlfriend wouldn't know I got her a new board (UP 168) for christmas. I think she figured me out anyway.

Finally got my order a few days before Christmas after a few calls to Burton. Thanks to Molly for her help.

I notice that the web site no longer offers shipping to Canada. It seems that Burton isn't supposed to ship boards across the border.

Now all we need is a little snow here in Ontario. Only been out once so far and it's killing me. It's almost like KlugRiding is handling the delivery of winter weather too. ;) Hopefully winter will be "better late than never" as well!

Derek

www.carveitup.net

Guest woodman

I just ordered a FP135cm for my boy, we'll see how long it takes me to receive the board or get a response. I might be e-mailing some of you who have had contact with these people already....I'll let you know!

Good carving,

Paul

Originally posted by woodman

I just ordered a FP135cm for my boy...

Hmmm, that got me thinking about my 8 yo daughter. How old is your son? How heavy is he? Is this his first board?

My daughter is a reasonably good skier for her age, but has never snowboarded. I'd love to start her on an alpine setup.

Guest woodman

Baka my son is 8, and goes about 65lbs he started skiing at 3 and I taught him how to snowboard at 6. This will be his second season on an alpine rig. I got him started last year on a Rossi Accelerator 136cm and some Burton Carrier bindings with a pair of his sisters old Raichle ski boots. I posted some pic's last season of us on the slopes together. He adapted really quickly from his soft boot set-up. I had bought him a DPQ 120cm board and put Klicker Bindings on it to get him off his skiis and onto a snowboard. The shape of the DPQ was pretty aggressive so I knew if he could handle that he would be fine on an alpine board (he's a speed freak already....wonder where he gets it....) He was doing pretty good by the end of last season, linking turns and even carving alittle. He even made it down one or two of our black diamond runs last year towards the end, not really carving, but at least getting use to the higher speeds his alpine set-up generates. I'll be starting his sister out on his old soft boot set-up this year (hopefully tomorrow) so who knows, maybe she'll follow in his footsteps? Let me know if you need gear, his old alpine set-up will be collecting dust once his FP gets here. Good luck!!!

Paul

Guest woodman

I had someone call and leave me a message today about helping her find boots in her size. She said she had received the wrong size and needed to find boots that would fit. I wasn't sure how they ended up with my number, but I do sell alpine gear so I just thought it was a referal. After calling and talking with them I come to find out that Klug riding has shipped boots to her and my home phone number is listed on the shipping label as a contact number!!! I was totaly blown away!!! I don't have a clue how the hell my home phone number ends up on someone elses shipping label as the contact for problems but I can guarantee you I will find out.....stay tuned,

Paul

Guest Randy S.

Woodman,

Can I return the little bindings I go to you for a refund? :eek:

If you do find out what the deal is, please ask them to come post here and address our concerns. Oh, and it would be nice if they'd return my email.

Guest woodman

No problem Randy, in fact if all of you will just box up all your returns and send them to me I'll be glad to help you out:D The weird part is I was just on the phone with the Burton folks today trying to find out where my shipment was, due to the fact that until I checked my credit card statement as was mentioned in an above post I had no idea my order was even filled. The guy on the phone was NOT happy about the phone calls they've been receiving. Luckily my order was filled and should show up on my doorstep tomorrow....or so they say. Sure am glad I knew it was coming so I could make sure it doesn't get stolen off my front porch by my "Rossi WC ridin'/ Catek bindinged/ no good s.o.b./ can ride faster than me" neighbor.....oh, did I say that out loud.....:rolleyes: Stay tuned........

Paul