Note to New Members ×

Crystal Mtn

slopestar

Met with Warren yesterday. Nice and fast! Both of us on Alloy DO165’s. Had a kid on forest queen ask if it was a Do-neck. I considered it a complement. Warren rides fast. I’m a bit less fall line and a lot more free carve so we soon parted ways. Friday was good but clouds and fatigue settled in and we left about 1pm Friday. Thursday was phenomenal. Cold with blue bird sky. Only the afternoon shadow and the hope of more runs on Friday (elk frost and schnitzel waiting) pulled us away from the nearly empty perfection. I only looked up hill a few times. Rode the fullbag diamond blade all day and it was spectacular. The DO took over for Friday and was everything I could ask for. Speed or tight carves, that board is a giver and also taketh away. I have memories burned in that should fuel the stoke fire for some time to come. Good friends, a new friend and I’m pretty damn stoked to have made laps at what I call my home mountain. 

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 2

Hey Lance, It was a pleasure meeting you and Phil the other day. Admittedly  I was a little amped to get out on some good groomers after riding pow for the last  few weeks. I did calm down some later!  Gotta love that DO!. With Crystals new ownership I will now have the IKON pass which is good a several Colorado areas. Great excuse for my son and I to check it out, we have been talking about it for years. Be sure and get a hold of me next time you are up in this area, I'm in the process of building a 1500 sq ft garage/shop with an apartment above in Enumclaw, 42 min from Crystal. Headed back up tomorrow, should be good still, sunny with an 18 degree high.

• Like 1