Note to New Members ×

Mt. Hood Meadows 2018 / 2019

Dan

23 hours ago, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

Timberline ride days the 28, 29, 30 of April.  For the lift ticket price (spring pass purchase) T-line can't be beat.  

Awesome! I will look forward to seeing you guys out here. I can ride on the 28th for sure, we'll see about 29/30. 

Are you focused on testing, or do you want to give people a chance to demo boards too? If you want to offer demos, I could post on NW Carving Reports on Facebook (blech) if you're not in that group. 

Edited by Dan

Meadows conditions yesterday: highly variable. 

HRM had melted and frozen and was smooth and bulletproof. Cascade was a cheese grater: icy sastrugi everywhere off the groom. There was supposed to be 3-5" overnight, but the winds must have been nuking up top because there was no deposition on the lee sides of things, just scary ass knobs, lumps, and ripples. 

On the other hand, the midmountain was riding pretty nice, with a few inches of pretty dense snow that had been groomed in. It's probably great today, and will be good tomorrow too as long as there isn't a melt/freeze today. 

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Are you focused on testing, or do you want to give people a chance to demo boards too? If you want to offer demos, I could post on NW Carving Reports on Facebook (blech) if you're not in that group. 

I actually joined that group and posted the event yesterday, thanks to Mr. Bryan Sutherland.  

Timberline was good today but got kind of busy and chopped up around noon.  They put chairs on The Mile and took them back off.

Shooting Star is open today and tomorrow, think that’s it for the season for the north side.  As long as you stay on the groom it’s not too bad, but Mercury and Apollo are seriously heavy mashed potatoes.  Discovery was actually pretty nice all morning, well groomed, decently fast, and empty.  Turned to glue after 11.

Hood River Express is done for the season, not running today.

Coverage is still good all over, Cascade and Vista not showing any bare spots that I saw.