Note to New Members ×

Blue Mountain

Cam W

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, Cam W said:

Any Alpine Snowboarders riding at Blue Mountain? 

I am new to riding at Blue and am looking to know if there are any other alpine snowboarders who frequent the resort (I haven't seen any yet).  

I bought my first snowboard last year (an alpine board) and live in Mississauga. I honestly don't know how to ride as I got injured skiing last year but I'd love to try out my gear this year. Do you go to any hills besides Blue? I don't know if learning to ride at Blue is a great idea haha. 

• 3 weeks later...

MSLM is my go-to hill as of last year.  The runs are great...and for learning when I take people out that are relatively new, their multiple greens have a nice increase in slope to work your way up to blues. 

They have great snow making and the lift lines are not bad.  And, when you want to learn to ride some park features, they have 3 park levels too (beginner, intermediate, advanced).  They have runs for everyone.

Brimacombe used to be my go to way years back when I started learning mainly bc it was about 45 minutes away, but their hill conditions are more dependent on the natural snow we get in southern Ontario (ie. not that great as of late).