Note to New Members ×

Palau Liner Model differences

Kmf

Can anyone help with the descriptions for the Palau liner models.? Their website only has descriptions in French. The choices seem to be Alpine Classic, Dual Fit or Power Fit for snowboard boots. 

I can’t tell if there’s a difference in thickness or stiffness in the liners. Also, what is meant by “dual fit”?

I need some need liners and trying to get a list of options for my AT8’s

Thanks.

ABE9AAC8-8336-41F5-BD90-1D47019BD870.jpeg

I've got the latest Deeluxe Track 700 with Palau Alpine Dual Fit liners and I'm very comfortable with them. In addition I use Sidas Winter 3Feet insoles to give me the last bit of comfort.

Before I had a Palau liner similar to the Alpine Power Fit, which I liked too.

Because I never used them, I can't say nothing other about Intuition than, they are pricier.

I'm very comfortable with Palau liners. Therefore, no reason for me to look further.

49 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

Look at the Intuition website... Note the similarities... Order both of the same model... Note the similarities in person.

I’m looking for Palau info not Intuition. Palau used to have English pages, but not now. The French doesn’t translate too well. 

Thanks

Edited by Kmf
Grammar

20 minutes ago, Kmf said:

I’m looking for Palau info not Intuition. Palau used to have English pages, but not now. The French doesn’t translate too well. 

Thanks

Use the browser in built translate feature? Translates fine for me.

But like... Can't you just see the differences from the photos? Two are overlap one has tongue. Toe and sole sections are different. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by daveo

6 hours ago, Kmf said:

Can anyone help with the descriptions for the Palau liner models.? Their website only has descriptions in French. The choices seem to be Alpine Classic, Dual Fit or Power Fit for snowboard boots. 

I can’t tell if there’s a difference in thickness or stiffness in the liners. Also, what is meant by “dual fit”?

I need some need liners and trying to get a list of options for my AT8’s

[...]

Description of the types would be here: https://palau-ski-boot-liners.com/fitting-guide/?lang=en if one read French. 😉

Alpine Classic has tongue design.

Looking at the images the Dual fit seems to be a cross between a classic (non-thermo) boot and a fully-moldable liner, featuring a rigid other layer and moldable interior.

The Power Fit basically consist entirely of moldable foam apart from the pad at the shin. "mid size pad" is softer than "large size pad".

I have been using Power fit/mid size pad (That is "Alpin Thermo Liner Soft" on carversparadise) in RC8 for about a season, and the combination works well for me. Imho tongue designs do not work well for snow boarding since lateral pressure moves the tongue to the side.

Thanks Nutmeg,

My AT8’s will arrive this week (bought from carversparadise) and I’ll see how much room I have in them. They don’t have the dual fit and was trying to find out more info, it doesn’t seem like many people have experience in them.

I’m not crazy about tongue liners either. I will probably order the Alpin soft from carversparadise.

thanks

22 hours ago, Kmf said:

Thanks

Ah... I was being too subtle. I was letting you know that they are nearly identical. 

Same shapes, same seams, same thicknesses, etc, etc.

1 hour ago, Pat Donnelly said:

The seam locations are different.  Dual sole stitch is around the perimeter while the Power fit are centered.  I am running Dual's in RC10's and Power fit's in RT8's - either will do the job.

My Intuition wraps and my Palau wraps are spot on identical except for the outer fabric material. My Intuition Pro wraps are very similar to the dual fit... Last wise and thickness of material (foam) they are the same. Just like Lange liners and UPZ liners.  Unfortunately I'm not at home presently or I'd present photo comparisons.

It's almost like there's only a handful of production facilities for this type of equipment... Hmmmmnnn.

20 hours ago, Kmf said:

Thanks Nutmeg,

My AT8’s will arrive this week (bought from carversparadise) and I’ll see how much room I have in them. They don’t have the dual fit and was trying to find out more info, it doesn’t seem like many people have experience in them.

I’m not crazy about tongue liners either. I will probably order the Alpin soft from carversparadise.

thanks

Okay fiiiiiine, didn't want to reply because I knew it'd be an essay, but whatever, here...

I have both the Alpine Overlap Hard (basically now known as Alpine Power Fit Hard) and the Alpine Dual Fit (Rockfoot) and my partner has the Alpine Power Fit Soft.

So what I've gathered is USAians in general buy Intuition and EUians in general buy Palau. Palau is made in Frogland and Intuition is counterintuitively made in China. My interpretation of general comments seem to be that Palau last longer than Intuition. Also, you can email Palau to make you a custom liner if you have any special requirement and it doesn't cost a whole lot extra.

FWIW my Alpine Overlap Hard have over 100 days on them and honestly are like new, but YMMV. I remove them from my boots every night and remove my footbeds and dry them. I think that helps.

Dual Fit and Power Fit Hard:

• Same front large/hard pad
  • Same foam

Dual Fit:

• Strobel sole, which is thinner and more responsive
  • Toe section has no seam and is more comfortable
  • Come in a Rockfoot edition, which adds some reinforcement to the heel of the liner, because they were tearing for people doing Extreme Carving (or something like this)

Power Fit:

• Same foam on the sole as the rest of the liner, slightly higher volume because of this
  • Toe section has a seam up the middle
  • Soft and Hard both have the same type of foam throughout
  • Hard has a large sized pad Soft has a medium sized pad. The larger pad is bigger and stiffer and increases the stiffness of the liner, which in turn increases the stiffness of the boot relative to the smaller pad.

DO THIS:

1. Measure both your feet with a homemade Brannock Device (put foot against wall and stand on a ruler). Round up to the nearest 0.5cm of your bigger foot. This is the size of your liner
  2. Then order directly off the Palau website (20% VAT is removed in checkout and shipping is FREE), then thank me later by selling (or giving because you're nice) me your UPZ red tongues
  3. Sleep easy knowing you've done the right thing

Since you have UPZ AT8, I think the Alpine Power Fit Soft would be a good choice.

And, if you don't already have any, custom footbeds can and will change your life. I can recommend Sidas or BootDoc. 

Edited by daveo
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for more detail. Much better than just looking at the pictures.

You can have the tongues if I sell the boots, never really used them. 

Im going to try the Palau liners when I go to Korea in January, see which I like better.

33 minutes ago, Kmf said:

Thanks for more detail. Much better than just looking at the pictures.

You can have the tongues if I sell the boots, never really used them. 

Im going to try the Palau liners when I go to Korea in January, see which I like better.

Used Palau for years, so I'm your guy for Palau info. Actually there are many of us on the forum.

Wait what? Where in Korea? Is this a regular thing, or? I'm going there in 2020 instead of my usual Japan...