Note to New Members ×

Brenden

I'm sadly departing with my Donek Kapton Twin.  I purchased it at the end of last season (17-18).  Its in great condition as I only took it out about 7 days.  The only reason I want to part with it is that I've recently decided that I can't lie to myself about riding switch anymore.  I'm making the move to a directional board that I can focus on carving groomers and not chase the dream of putting on a show.  Check out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSf2blWn3fKJmjtZQOMfsGw for what this board was designed for.

The board is a fantastic carver and great for someone that wants to ride freestyle and also lay down deep carves.  Check out the specs below and I'm happy to send more pics and info.  I live in Boulder, CO and will drive to meet up or discuss shipping for out of state options.  $475 + shipping 

Donek Knapton Twin

Length 160cm

8.7m sidcut

28cm waist 

23 5/8in reference stance 

Call or text Brenden @ 859 seven 9 seven nine 144 

or email @ brendenallen@ymail.com

IMG_2829.thumb.jpg.1e962e5bbf5e91e010dd9f8ed43fe1af.jpgIMG_2830.thumb.jpg.21ea8c54a3de5a14af1f871467d6954d.jpgIMG_2840.thumb.jpg.c2bfceb8ee643b86ccbb60c1d44a97db.jpg

Edited by Brenden
SOLD
  • Like 1

I gotta ask man - why are you giving up on riding switch?

I suck at switch. I know if I went with more rocker type boards it would be easy but that would kill my carve and I love that too much.  So I’ve actually been considering a Knapton Donek - now here you are giving up, and it makes me wonder if I should even try?  Though I’ve been skiing and boarding all my life, at 44, I’m no spring chicken anymore.  So can you expand on why you are giving up? Thanks so much in advance!

2 hours ago, Jeremy141 said:

So I’ve actually been considering a Knapton Donek - now here you are giving up, and it makes me wonder if I should even try?

Ah man I felt the exact same as you! The past couple of years, always had a small voice in my head saying, "Should I try softboots?". And boy am I glad I did!

Bought myself an SG Soul 164, Apex Gecko Free, Flow NX2-GT, Burton Driver X, Palau Dual Fit liners and put my Sidas custom footbeds in them. And wow what an experience. Disliked every moment of it. My friend has since bought most of the gear off me.

Moral of the story. Yeah, stick with what you know, don't bother with trying switch. No point.

11 hours ago, Jeremy141 said:

I gotta ask man - why are you giving up on riding switch?

I suck at switch. I know if I went with more rocker type boards it would be easy but that would kill my carve and I love that too much.  So I’ve actually been considering a Knapton Donek - now here you are giving up, and it makes me wonder if I should even try?  Though I’ve been skiing and boarding all my life, at 44, I’m no spring chicken anymore.  So can you expand on why you are giving up? Thanks so much in advance!

I suck at switch as well.  The reason I purchased this board is because I was overconfident about my abilities and was very inspired by Ryan's videos.  The first 3 days on the Knapton Twin with a 28cm waist will humble you either direction you ride it.  It's almost like you're learning for the first time.  After 3 days it was the most fun I've had on a board...except it is super aggressive and will throw you on your face if you haven't mastered a switch stance.  

If you have mastered switch this is a phenomenal board to play around with when riding freestyle.  However, there are boards out there that truly lend themselves to a directional, surfy, free riding experience and that's what I'm moving towards.  I realized I need a VSR to accomplish contentment. 

For some, the Knapton is where it's at.  For me, its a little out of my comfort zone.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

BRENDEN MY MAN. IF U DONT LIKE RIDING SWITCH THATS COOL. LEARNING TO RIDE SWITCH IS NOT EASY. I STARTED LAST YEAR AT 71. I LIKE TO CARVE ALSO, WHAT I DID IS SWITCH BACK AND FORTH FROM FULL ON CARVING DAY TO PRACTICE SWITCH DAY. I GOT TO WHERE I WAS FELLING NOT TO BAD. STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THE PROGRESS IS THERE. I COME FROM A SURFING BACK GROUND OF 40 PLUS YEARS. LAST YEAR I GOT A ONE WHEEL, I WAS HAVING BOARDING WITHDRAWS LOL. THE ONEWHEEL IS A TRIP, WHEN I STARTED TO TRY AND RIDE SWITCH ON IT, I COULD NOT BARLEY STAND ON IT. PRACTICE PRACTICE,NOW I CAN RIDE IT JUST AS GOOD AS REGULAR. I LIKE RIDING SWITCH ,  CANT WAIT FOR THE SNOW THIS YEAR TO RIDE SWITCH. HARD CHOISE NOW DECIDING WHAT BOARD TO GET.  I HAVE 2 NOW AN ALL MT. CARVER AND A TRUE TWIN THAT I PLAY ON ( SWITCH). My home my. Is crested butte. I just wanted to share this being 71. Good luck bro. 🤙🏻🏂🏄🏼

Brenden:;;;   Just thinking, that DONEK isn’t the easiest board to learn on. I wonder what flex u had. That could make a difference. And being new to a boar of that width. Everything factors in. I had a DONEK INCLINE, it was a challenge for me to learn how to ride it. 157  28 waist  8.5 sc. but when I got it that mother railed unbelievable. DONT BEAT YOURSELF UP   ITS ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN. 🏂🤙🏻🏄🏼🤓