New* Sims Carve II 167 + new race Ltd snow pro bindings

Is the Carve II more of a freecarve/alpine carving board than race? I know Sims used to sell the Burner (what Mark Fawcett used to compete on) and that was 100% race-oriented.

Can you also tell me the various widths: Tip, waist and tail? Oh, and the max stance width.

Thanks

Geof

Edited by Geof Harries
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By forf.dawg
      I am selling a new, never used 2019 Thirst Superconductor 7.1 WARP.
      175cm length
      19.0cm waist width
      H35/41.75 389 U4 4DR
      Stance spread 52cm
      LFF .291
      Specific questions are best answered by Mark (from Thirst boards) himself @ 208-929-2285
      Serial # 11MAR19 0056
      Sun Surface topsheet.
      Asking $800 OBO
      I have other items for sale and am willing to bundle. PM for Details
      Stored indoors with care in it's "baby blanket" shipping sleeve.
      text: 307-349-8630
      email: forrest.sawyer7@gmail.com

• By GileslikestoCarve
      Three kids boards of varying lengths and condition. All have plenty of life for a young carver. My kids went through these and I found they grew so fast I was constantly looking for the next size up! Obvious wear from lift lineups, so selling cheap. All around 10-12 years old.
      FIREFLY Furious 48 - 148cms 28-24-28 FLOW bindings in great shape $60 obo
      HEAD Coaster - 135cms 27-23-27 SIMS bindings in good condition $50 obo
      5150 Shooter - 138cms 26.5-22.5-26.5 with bindings $40 obo
      ROSSIGNOL ski boots 305mm 26.5 $50 obo
      All prices plus shipping unless you are in Toronto to Buffalo area and can pick up

• By CruisingAlong
      Selling some rare items.  Burton Freecarve size 26/9.5 Boots and  Burton Performance bindings.
      Make an offer keeping in mind they're my wife's and she make my life very unhappy if I accept to little.
      All Images are here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/EDvuevKUhWDMvjc27

• By Québec man
      SIMS BURNER
      188cm and 162 cm in great condition. No crack or other things... See pics.
      TOP shape board. feel free to ask question.
      188cm 475$ USD
      162cm 275$ USD
      + PAYPAL fee
      40$ OFF if you take both .
      SHIPPING INCLUDE.....in USA and Canada.

• By jburk
      For sale is a Donek FC Secret 167cm, bought directly from Donek in October 2017.  I had originally contacted Sean about ordering a MetalFC, but then we decided to build an FC with the Secret construction instead.  
      $500 shipped within the CONUS, Paypal only please.  If sold at that price I will donate $25 back to ASB.  Sean invoiced this board as equivalent to a MetalFC, so this is less than 1/2 price from when new.  Board only, TD3's not included (I no longer have the bindings, sold them last year).
      167 cm, 18.5 cm waist, 8.5m-10.5m sidecut
      Built for a 165 lb. rider, and the inserts are at a 49cm reference stance.  Topsheet and edges are 9/10, base is 8/10.  This board probably has around 25 days on it.
      The board has never been ground, but I did have a tech fill in a couple of minor scratches prior to putting a coating of storage wax on it at the end of the season; the scratches were only about twice the depth of the structure, no core shots.  I had originally asked the tech to give it a base grind, but he said the scratches were minor enough that a ptex repair was a better way to go.  Topsheet has no scratches, but does have a couple of nicks on the edge as shown in one of the attachments.
      If you're curious about how it rides, here's a review from @snowjob of his 180 cm version of an FC Secret (this is not my board), it matches up my impressions of my 167.
      http://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/topic/45822-donek-180-freecarve-with-secret-construction/
      Once I get any inquiries, I'll scrape off the storage wax and send some high-res pics of the base.

• By AlyssaA
      Hi everyone! 
      I am moving to a warmer climate and need to sell my Sims MFR157 with bomber trench diggers and Deeluxe track 225 hard boots (I'm a women's 8.5) all in a nice Dakine rolling bag. 

All goes together for best offer. 

NEED TO SELL ASAP! 

• By Eric Brammer aka PSR
      I have an older ['89] Sims 1711 Blade/Racing board, that takes pretty much only Sims Bindings of the era (these are Jeff Grell highbacks, used from '83 thru '91 by Sims/Vision), although I have one pair of Funky bases drilled to fit Sims boards. The older Sims [and Funky's, and Barfoots, and Kempers} all suffered from the 'wrap' idea in the highback, where the curvature of the highback wasn't enough material strength to deal with carved turns, nor heelside impacts off of jumps. It's a very COMMON Failure. Now, this board sat dormant in my quiver for 6 seasons [and, those that know me, know, my boards don't "SIT", they're Ridden!] because of the Highbacks being unreliable. I have fixed that, and, hey, here, I offer you a FIX ... 
      Luv you all, but, you all are too greedy in sucking up my know-how. 
      So, yeah, I got it, may you all somehow figure out how to pay me for the inspiration, or direct info... But, it's quick, easy, and makes your vintage Sims (or like model of board) go like heck!
      Bye!

• By shreddoc
      New- make 3 inches of pow feel bottomless. I have another 200 I will never sell. beautiful board, never seen snow-$425 shipped. trouble loading images I will text you plenty of close ups

• By sprockdad
      Selling a used SG Cross 167.  I bought it last season for $500 used it at a few amateur BX events, but unfortunately won't be able to get to as many events this season due to new job.  Willing to negotiate on price or trade.  If interested, I can send more detailed pictures.

Thanks!!

• By VinUT
      I cant ride hard boots. These are new and have a thermo liner. I can take credit cards, but I will have to charge an extra 5% of the total sale. asking 150.00