Note to New Members ×

Whitetail / Liberty / Roundtop 2018-19

piusthedrcarve

Okay. here we go again. 

No opening date for any of them yet.   But I'm ready to ride.

I included Roundtop this year since.... I was impressed with RT last season.  It's +2 hours drive from me (near IAD) but few good pitches slopes and wide-open Minuteman are calling me again.  Let's use this tread for riding day and condition.  Safe riding~

• 4 weeks later...

Pius,

I also really like SRT. Minuteman is great, it's definitely less crowded than 'Tail, it's more laid back, and they have an actual alpine team.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to ride this season (getting married  = $$$), but it would be nice to have some people to ride with - or at least carpool with. Does this interest you at all?  Do you know other hardbooters in the immediate DC area? Years ago (around '07, I think), a guy named Mark Brown had created a listserv "Mid Atlantic Carvers (MAC)" - for a few seasons, it was fairly active. I'm not even sure if it exists anymore, but perhaps it's time to start a new one. There were 2 carving sessions - one was at SRT, and it drew pretty well.  

3 hours ago, FTA2R said:

Pius,

I also really like SRT. Minuteman is great, it's definitely less crowded than 'Tail, it's more laid back, and they have an actual alpine team.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to ride this season (getting married  = $$$), but it would be nice to have some people to ride with - or at least carpool with. Does this interest you at all?  Do you know other hardbooters in the immediate DC area? Years ago (around '07, I think), a guy named Mark Brown had created a listserv "Mid Atlantic Carvers (MAC)" - for a few seasons, it was fairly active. I'm not even sure if it exists anymore, but perhaps it's time to start a new one. There were 2 carving sessions - one was at SRT, and it drew pretty well.  

I know. I was on the MAC list too.

For carpool, yeah. I'm up for it.  I live near IAD area and usually take Rt 15 up, with kids.  There are few rider in DC, Jason and few European riders that I have met at WT.   I will post here when I go up.  With this warm/rain spell, I don't think I'm going up any time soon tho.  Congratulation on your wedding.