Note to New Members ×

Vail rides and reports

Carvin' Marvin

I'll be riding Vail occasionally during the week this year so why not start a ride/meetup thread.  We got up this past Friday and conditions were really nice for carving.  Chalky snow and very few people.  It was our first day, but after shaking the cobwebs loose we ended up having a great day.  After this large storm this weekend I think there will be abundant carving to be had.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Vail January 11-13. I'm a noob to hard boot carving and would love to grab a lesson for maybe a half day or at least an hour or two. Any recommendations for proper instructors? Or if anyone is patient enough to handle a ham fisted east coaster, I'd be happy to pay whatever your time is worth. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
15 hours ago, inkaholic said:

You should make the trip over the pass and join the LCI tomorrow morning at Loveland. We can get buddy passes for around $70. 

ink

Would loce to join the LCI cree but we are staying with a good friend in Edwards and we don’t have any transportation. My friend drives us around and I don’t want to ask him to go that far out of his  way

Do you guys just ride weekends  Maybe will rent a  car for a day

• 5 weeks later...

Hit Vail today.

Oddly empty, then we made it over to Mountain Top express... Oh, this is where everyone is...

Bikinis, speedos... It was HOT today.
Whew the sun felt blazing.
We bailed from the crowds...
The elevation kicked out butts today.
Some colder temps tomorrow, yay.
I didn't pack my speedo.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...