Note to New Members ×

Spirit Mountain 2018-19

bigwavedave

According to my reliable source at the Spirit Mountain Board Meeting this evening, there was a “situation” with one of the groomers on Monday night, and the Board approved trading in the old one and purchase of a new Pisten Bully 400 🙂

Really nice snow today:1luvu: About 6"+ of granular on top of a harder base. Carving became slarving. It was surfy fun.:eplus2: Hooked up with @Leighton, a former softbooter, avid pavement longboarder and now looks to be a fully addicted hardboot carver.:biggthumpRode from 10-12:45 on the express side. Only saw one patch of pink snow. Snow was fast, no sticky/sucky like I heard yesterday was.

Slarve city:cool:

IMG_3392.jpg.3d4dc67ecd217827b85d0f9ee75c1c35.jpgIMG_3394.JPG.8898f041a4ee7f147a6f91a01994a77f.JPG

That's Leighton's board on the right. He was making some nice tight carves. Looks like a vintage board to me, so I figured I'd post a pic for the old farts @b0ardski to reminisce about the good old days.

See ya out there tomorrow!:biggthump

• Like 2

Not quite as nice as yesterday and a little busier. It was still 50° at 10pm last night and below freezing this morning at 10am opening , so we started out with a crusty, uneven groom on the express side. Things were better over on the Gandy side. Surfy slarving at its finest on GandyDancer.:biggthump Making trenches that would rival a @big mario trench:eek: Rode with Ken from the start. I was done after 1½ hrs when things got bumpy. My chronic knee needs a rest (and ice). Might be my last day of the season unless winter returns...

IMG_3420.jpg.00a73e07e8ab9293e7000a0f485c2ab3.jpg

Tracks created by the Superconductor!:eplus2:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing up our season with USASA Nationals at Copper. Jane smoked Slalom with the Rossi Board. I rode the Generics mostly. Groom was still good, and we had a lot of fun riding with our friends. Starting on our way back to Minnesota 

91144460-B889-466A-90BE-07A858E7AF6A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 3:51 PM, khoward said:

Finishing up our season with USASA Nationals at Copper. Jane smoked Slalom with the Rossi Board. I rode the Generics mostly. Groom was still good, and we had a lot of fun riding with our friends. Starting on our way back to Minnesota 

91144460-B889-466A-90BE-07A858E7AF6A.jpeg

Hey, those boards look familiar!:biggthump And I just noticed that you're goofy and your wife's not...well I guess we all kinda suspected that.:ices_ange

Looks like I'll be moving to Duluth for real now.  I have a solid offer on my home/office (closing early May), so I'll be out of work and homeless in one swell foop.:freak3:

Not to worry. My escape plan; a tiny house parked in the marina at the base of Spirit Mt....and I might just get to live one of my sailing dreams and spend the summer living on the sailboat sailing around Lake Superior!:1luvu:...and beyond...

• bigwavedave changed the title to Spirit Mountain 2018-19