Note to New Members ×

Invitation to The RACES

Also, Revelstoke is on this season's Ikon Pass: https://www.ikonpass.com/en/compare-the-ikon-passes

$749 USD gets you five days at Revy, Big Sky Montucky, and 24 other resorts, plus unlimited riding at another 12 resorts, mostly in Colorado and California.

If you're planning to travel a bit this winter, this is the way to do it.

And this, from Revelstoke Mountain Resort, five days ago....  Seventeen days 'till opening and the forecast is looking good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi James @crackaddict,

I'm thinking of spending a few days at Sun Peaks (Feb 4-6) and then driving to Revelstoke on Wed, Feb 6th to ride with you guys for a few days before heading down to Turner on Sunday. I would be most grateful to take you up on your offer to crash at TheCrackhouse on a mattress or couch or whatever. I'll be traveling solo and will have my own bedroll.

So, do the ferries run all winter? The lakes don't freeze?

This will be the trip of a lifetime...or the beginning of a lifetime of trips. I've never been to BC, it looks beautiful and I'm stoked!

Dave

• Like 1

@bigwavedave

Awesome.  Now it's a party!  Feel free to come earlier and stay longer if Sun Peaks seems boring...

We should be able to do better than a mattress in The Crackhouse for you.  You'll be plenty comfortable, no worries.

The Arrow Lakes are actually part of the Columbia River.  (The part they flooded with the dam in Castlegar.)  Doesn't freeze, Shelter Bay ferry runs all winter.

Early season has been excellent here with so many powder days!  Not so much carving yet, but the corduroy should reappear tomorrow for a bit.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 1:53 PM, bigwavedave said:

Hi James @crackaddict,

I'm thinking of spending a few days at Sun Peaks (Feb 4-7) and then driving to Revelstoke on Wed, Feb 7th to ride with you guys for a few days before heading down to Turner on Sunday. I would be most grateful to take you up on your offer to crash at TheCrackhouse on a mattress or couch or whatever. I'll be traveling solo and will have my own bedroll.

So, do the ferries run all winter? The lakes don't freeze?

This will be the trip of a lifetime...or the beginning of a lifetime of trips. I've never been to BC, it looks beautiful and I'm stoked!

Dave

Lower you expentations enjoy the Kootenays and enjoy what happens. If you pass through  Nelson take in the sights and enjoy the vibe. And don't  pull over to have piss to many miles from the border  as the  cameras will see unusual activity as you approach customs.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, lowrider said:

Lower you expentations enjoy the Kootenays and enjoy what happens. If you pass through  Nelson take in the sights and enjoy the vibe. And don't  pull over to have piss to many miles from the border  as the  cameras will see unusual activity as you approach customs.

Yeah, Nelson looks pretty idyllic, powder covered mountains, lakes for sailing...Mark Fawcett lives there...and it's just fun to say Kootenay!

I'm a frequent border crosser between MN and ON in the summer (sailing Lake Superior), so hopefully I have a record of being a friendly visitor. I hear you about the paranoia of being watched near the border crossings. It used to be so different!

@Pusbag: It will be great to see you again Rus!  Bring the whole crew if you can.  I do have two boards ready for pickup at the Thirst factory, but I'm still hoping to get down there this month.  I'm just waiting on a good weather window.  I want to ride cold dry perfect corduroy in the sunshine.  

11 hours ago, charliechocolate said:

Also sometimes I wish Revy didn't have so much pow but I'll take what I can get.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Tomorrow will be excellent cord though...

• 3 weeks later...

I should be rolling into town the afternoon/eve of Wed, Feb 6th. Planning to ride Thurs & Friday, maybe Saturday too. I might need a rest day or 2 before Turner. Seems I tweaked my knee falling off my bike on some ice a month ago. Fractured my elbow, but that's pretty good now... but my knee has started complaining when I ride lately.:nono:

Okay...  The RACES are on!  So far I'm winning.

Looks like fresh cold corduroy starting Monday, right after this storm.  It's gonna be perfect again right after all this powder...

Any of you maybes out there still considering it? @Corey@carlito? @Rob Stevens? @charliechocolate@barryj?

Edited by crackaddict
forgot one

11 hours ago, crackaddict said:

Any of you maybes out there still considering it?

Na I'm out with a shoulder injury :smashfrea    I can ride... but it's more like putzing around.   

So gonna stay local and try to limp thru the remainder of the season before I go under the knife.....

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, Corey said:

Hmm, that's not very far from the Montana event...  I'm going to have to make at least a couple days of this event too!  

Thanks for the gracious offer, James!  I'll specifically not mention to the friendly officers at the border that I just stayed at 'the Crackhouse'.  LOL!  ?  

I think you just did !

@carlitoIt's cold man, but the cord is epic and the slopes are empty.  Psyched to try your demos.

Some fresh snow expected Thursday/Friday, then more cold corduroy riding in the sunshine for the weekend.  I hope Turner is getting the same weather.  Could be beautiful.

Rus and Tania just left this morning, Dave is coming tomorrow.  Yesterday there were three Coilers, two Thirsts and a Donek on the mountain at the same time; It's a new carving record in Revy for the most trenches ever laid in a day!  

So far no one has accepted my Chinese Downhill challenge...

• Like 1