Note to New Members ×

DGSS 2.0 Spring System x UPZ o DEELUXE/RAICHLE

DRUPI

Erik J:  Love your sense of humor!  If we make something idiot proof; the universe will just create better idiot.  So far the universe is winning.
Evidence this guy:  I am a total klutz and the sad part is I don't even drink...  Stuff I did to BTS/Board even baffle their creator lol...
Maybe sipping some firewater/talent juice is the secret!

@DRUPI  There are lots of interest in AT boots spring system.
Love to see you chime in there and let the community of development.

• Like 1

My powder boots complete, with thanks to @DRUPI . Helped me get that flex I wanted for freeriding. Tried it on my powder board today, even though the conditions were just weird spring slush conditions. We had 12 or so hours of +6C temperature. Now back down to normal -10C.

nNEGSsh.jpg

IXkztRAr.jpg

UPZ RC10. Intermediate booster, two middle buckles switched for FLeXX bar buckles on rear boot so they don't rub, Palau liners, Sidas custom footbeds, Intec rear heel and DGSS spring system. 

I must say, compared to the old BTS garbage, this is a real fine piece of proper engineering. The BTS is really a flawed product, scrapes, squeaks, dings, clunks and clangs. Would get caught if you travel too much and then pop and release. Adjusting the forward lean wasn't exactly great either. Really needs revision.

The DGSS addresses all these problems, is damn smooth in movement, a pleasure to ride on and comfortable, not to mention looks amazing!

I prefer a stiffer boot to most so I've gone double blue springs, this is not normal and cost extra to get the rear blue springs. Usually the rear springs are left as green regardless. I think so, anyway.

Edited by daveo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Ron and others for the DGSS group purchase. Installed mine on my UPZ RC10 over the weekend without trouble.

I compared their overall stiffness with my old and almost dead Raichle with yellow tongues, and I still find the RC10 much harder with the black tongue. I have only used them for 2 weeks, so I am not sure if it's a question of time to adapt or me looking for excuses...

For those using UPZ, have you changed your tongue to the red type 😝, or shaved the original black ones?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jisse

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno about the rule of thumb, but I have mine on minimal preload. I use blue/blue springs with black tongue and intermediate booster. I'm 190cm and 85kg. Heaps of flex with that set up for me. Seems very nice and natural. Great for all mountain riding.

Edited by daveo
  • Thanks 1

For the UPZ model, Drupi told me to set the tension so there was 10.5 cm from washer to washer, the full length of the spring stack. If you don’t feel like measuring, that’s basically no preload, just adjust the nuts so the nuts take up any slack. 

• Thanks 1