Note to New Members ×

DGSS 2.0 Spring System x UPZ o DEELUXE/RAICHLE

DRUPI

I’ve used Deluxe and BTS from the moment BTS came out many years ago.  Always liked it.  This season I switched to UPZ.  I didn’t mind the stock spring system but since I spent so many years on BTS I wanted to try DGSS.  After a few days I can say that I do prefer the DGSS system. I don’t have anything negative to say about BTS at all.  Both systems give you more control over your flex as well as a more progressive feeling in your flex.  I’m currently using the RC11 black tongue but also have the light gray tongue. I will experiment with those as well.  They are extremely easy to change out. I’m thinking perhaps gray tongue on very warm days and black on colder to see if I can keep flex uniform.  BTW:  It was very easy dealing with Roberto...   

BTW:  Since I probably will not be in Deluxe boots anymore I will be putting a few BTS systems up for sale soon.

• Thanks 2

On 1/4/2019 at 7:32 PM, snowwjob1 said:

I'd be interested!

On 1/4/2019 at 8:12 PM, DRUPI said:

Hi Cravers
I know about the high cost of shipping but it is the cheapest price I got.
is a FedEx express offer, fast (3/4 working days) and safe (the cost in US for 1 kit is 34 €, the cost for 2 kits is 38 €) 4 € difference
I inform myself for the cost of more kits

Regards

On 1/4/2019 at 6:48 PM, Randy Kight said:

I’m in. Just need to decide on what boot I end up with this season. 

@DRUPI  My apology.  My intend isn't complain about price but to see if we can make the bar of entry lower.  Hope I am not out of line.  
If we can pool a larger order together.  We save money on shipping and you can get your product to more people and more exposure.
Clear Cut event seems to make lots of sense; lots of carver get together to ride and tweak 🙂
If you are willing we will go ahead; otherwise this idea is DOA.

Just gauging interest and volume to see if it even make sense for Roby.

I have both UPZ and Track700 boots.

There are 6 "sku"  * I stand corrected.  There is only 1 Deeluxe version.

1. UPZ compact with 1 type of spring
2. UPZ plus with 1 type of spring
3. UPZ compact with 2 type of spring
4. UPZ plus with 2 type of spring
5. Deeluxe with 1 type of spring
6. Deeluxe with 2 type of spring

Interested:

pow4ever:  sku 4 + sku 6 (in for 1 upz plus system with 2 type of springs, 1 Deeluxe system with 2 type of springs)
Randy: ?
Snowjob1? 

Hi Pow4ever
everything is ok for me, there are no problems
I just want to make a clarification
the DGSS for UPZ is different from the DGSS for DEELUXE
The DGSS x UPZ is available in 2 versions, PLUS and COMPACT   👈
the DGSS x DEELUXE is available in 1 version only (see photo )  👈

For all versions it is possible to have 1 or 2 types of long springs (green - 80 kg, blue + 80 kg weight of the raider), the short green springs are universal for all versions ( photo )

Roberto 

DGSS 2.0.jpg

DGSS DEELUXE.RAICHLE - Copia.jpg

EXAMPLE.jpg

Edited by DRUPI
  • Thanks 1

@DRUPI  Thank you for clear up my confusion.  Updated.

@Randy Kight no worry.  Best of luck.  What boots are you thinking about?

I have both Track700 and UPZ.
UPZ feet my foot well:  wide toe box and narrow mid foot and great heel(narrow) hold.
However due to foot injury; the heel hold os great for carving but result in me hobbling along after the mountain.
Track700 narrow toe box(had to get this punch out quite a bit), ok mid foot, wide heel.

My perfect boot would be:  I wonder how the NorthWave boots fit?
Wide toe box (UPZ)
wide-ish mid foot (track 700)
Just a tad wider than UPZ but narrower than track700 (some where in between).

@rjnakata

"systems give you more control over your flex as well as a more progressive feeling in your flex."

video is probably better explain it:  If you find the additional range of motion help with your riding go for it(*test it UPZ with walk mode*; be careful not to try it on soft day as you might stuff the nose and get hurt). 
Otherwise stick with the stock system until you find it limiting.  I find my front boot is fine but would like more range of motion in the back leg.

14 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

@DRUPI

@Randy Kight

My perfect boot would be:  I wonder how the NorthWave boots fit?
Wide toe box (UPZ)
wide-ish mid foot (track 700)
Just a tad wider than UPZ but narrower than track700 (some where in between).

I've had Deeluxe, UPZ RC10 and MS .951. MS is slightly narrower all around compared to UPZ.

It seems the design of the shell components gives the ultimate heel hold. 

The cuffs are also much higher than UPZ/Deeluxe. 

Note: I can't seem to delete Randy or Rob's ping in my phone.

Edited by daveo
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Pow4Ever!  Great info!

I'm pretty sure that there are several on here ready to kick me off of the site with all the back and forth with this boot fence riding!  Dave's probably first in line, maybe closely followed by Barry, Jack and WinterGold.

My 700's are new, but seem to be a little narrow the last 70% of forefoot towards toes, especially on my little toe side.  I realize there are more important things to worry about in life...

My older 324's seem to be slightly better in this regard, but only slightly.

I've got some meaty calves...and a little concerned about the upper cuff of the UPZ's, as well as being overly stiff for my riding.  In all honesty, the 15 buckles on the UPZ seem a little blingy/overdone to me, and I question how necessary, but I'm no professional.  But if these things fit with some comfort (I've reached 50 and pretty banged up with all the powerlifting/fighting/etc.), I'd be all over them.

I would rather carve all day on groomed, but carving in all conditions is my ultimate goal, and in the past I've found the stiffer the boot, the more "less smooth" everything becomes, making it harder to stay in the sweet spot when in "all mountain" mode.  Obviously this is only me and my limitations. 

Mighty sorry to do this to you guys, but the attached image (rather distorted due to fisheye) is an attempt at illustrating this.  The outer foot area feels like it had it's but kicked in a 5 round fight after half a day.  UPZ aid in this?

I've diverted this thread a bit, and my apologies.  I have come to my own conclusion that Roberto's design is probably better implemented than the BTS and am looking forward to getting them.

Dave...Not sure what you mean by your last Note. 

Randy

image.png

1 hour ago, Randy Kight said:

the attached image (rather distorted due to fisheye) is an attempt at illustrating this.  The outer foot area feels like it had it's but kicked in a 5 round fight after half a day.  UPZ aid in this?

Probably not without a qualified boot fitter.

To start, you may want to punch a divot in the shell for the protuberant mass, photo left.

• Like 1

There is also intuition liners that have less material in the forefoot. I got the HD Pro tonger liners because of this. 

5 hours ago, Beckmann AG said:

Probably not without a qualified boot fitter.

To start, you may want to punch a divot in the shell for the protuberant mass, photo left.

A good boot fitter can do a lot to move plastic. I have spent alot of time over the years with my boot fitter because my feet did not fit in any boot. (I am lucky because he works for 🍻)

I have spent just as much money making boots fit well as the boots costs. But if you want to be comfortable some times you just have to keep trying new things.

I made the switch to UPZ this year and spent 600 on new boots and the first time I put them on they hurt like hell. Then the grinder, heat gun, presses and new liners and it was the best change I have made in my boot fit. The grinder was to shorten the cuff for my calves. The heat gun and press to stretch the shells prior to molding the thermo fit liners.

If you don't have heel lift in the deluxe boots I would go to town and modify the shell and liner to make it comfortable. Just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Randy Kight said:

Mighty sorry to do this to you guys, but the attached image (rather distorted due to fisheye) is an attempt at illustrating this.  The outer foot area feels like it had it's but kicked in a 5 round fight after half a day.  UPZ aid in this?

Dude... no NSFL tag... 😬 shame.

So the UPZs are wide across the area where your toes connect to your feet. Since you have width issues in that area and further back the answer is... not without a bootiftter.  You're going to need some plastic stretching.  That said it's completely possible and worth every dollar you spend.   Seriously tip your fitter.

@Randy Kight I've done an indepth analysis of your foot shape and I can highly recommend using tissue boxes as boots. Thank me later.

But in all seriousness, my feet look scarily similar to yours and I didn't need to punch my upz or ms! I actually think mine might be wider.

Why don't you repeat that photo while standing on a ruler or something? 

• Like 1

Here are more info on BTS/forward lean mechanism:  
http://www.alpinecarving.com/boots.html#lean

Boot should made to fit the foot and not the other way around but we can't be choosy beggar here. 

@Randy Kight I feel your pain as I have tons of problem with my feet/boots as well.  At this point; I am afraid to make it worse as currently it's working ok for me.
Never felted that it was fully dialed in but that's on me for not wanting to spent the time messing around with it anymore. 

Someone/Jose once said:  Since we don't have that many choices in term of boots; buy all of them and try it out for fit, and return/sell the one that doesn't work.  It worked out cheaper in the long run.

On my Track700; not only the boot/toe box was punched out, the moldable liner were shaved/cut to make room for hot spot.
One of these day I will gather the courage to go through all of it again....  what a PITA that was... 

17 hours ago, DRUPI said:

I am informed for a multi kit shipment (8/10 kit) the cost is around € 100.
The cost would be around € 10 for kit, instead of € 34

Thank you so much! @DRUPI

Let's see if we can make this work to get 10 kits order!
We have 3 so far.

There are 6 combination depends on boot type.

1. UPZ compact with 1 type of spring
2. UPZ plus with 1 type of spring
3. UPZ compact with 2 type of spring
4. UPZ plus with 2 type of spring
5. Deeluxe with 1 type of spring
6. Deeluxe with 2 type of spring

Recommendation,
the recommended type of springs is (green - 80kg, blue + 80 kg) weight of the raider
for kits with a single spring type specify the type of springs, green or blue
I always recommend to consider the kit with 2 types of springs (2 green springs + 2 blue springs), (small difference price) for a good setting, if the raider prefers to ride softer or harder

• Thanks 1