Note to New Members ×

I've been Boosted

Keenan

I have my SUP on consignment, it was fun but just too slow.  So I bought a Boosted electric skateboard.  I am not a great skateboarder, I could never do a kick flip, but I can make nice turns.  The only other skate I own is a Loaded 38" bamboo long board, which happens to be the board that the original Boosted platform was built on.  With the new generation they are building the board, wheels, trucks and mechanical stuff in house.  It came packaged like an Apple product and already charged.  The first thing I noticed was that this thing seems rock solid, and it's kind of heavy.  My first ride I realized that there is quite a learning curve, it accelerates fast and brakes fast, then a yellow jacket flew into my helmet and stung me in the head.  That ended the first ride.  Now that the swelling has gone down and I can wear a helmet again, I just went on the second ride.  I carved circles, toeside and heelside.  I carved uphill.  I rode down hills that I would have never considered before, because I have brakes.  I am glad I didn't spring for the stealth model which goes faster.  It is kind of spendy, but it's less than a new Oxess or a Kessler.  I can carve in the off season now - finally.   

• Like 1

Finally took my LDP longboard out on my  newly paved street yesterday. It’s about 1/2mile total (1/4 mile flat to 1/4 mileslightly down hill) to the end of my neighborhood. Freshhhhhh asphalt. I get a flatland sprint pump, a nice and easy surf carve/weave/ x-under style to the bottom. Turn around and pump all the way back to the house. Repeat. As long as there is no snow on the ground... my health/workouts just became frigging awesome! So stoked

17 minutes ago, BlueB said:

That's it, who needs the powered boards, while it's way more satisfactory to pump. It takes a bit of commitment to assemble a setup that pumps efficiently, but once you've got it right, never have to put the foot down after the initial push. 

The hills where I live are too big to pump up.  Most of them are too big to ride down.

5 hours ago, BlueB said:

That's it, who needs the powered boards, while it's way more satisfactory to pump. It takes a bit of commitment to assemble a setup that pumps efficiently, but once you've got it right, never have to put the foot down after the initial push. 

I’d rather have the boosted but I do love the pump

• Like 1