Note to New Members ×

One Wheel Carving

softbootsurfer

17 hours ago, charliechocolate said:

did you feel the board push back at all before your nosedive? I read somewhere it's supposed to warn you that way before it kills the motor.

I was charging up a steep hill 100+ yards packed gravel road, I'd already hit it a couple times; barely noticed the 1st soft pushback, thought it was just a bump in the road and kept charging uphill. the next pushback was big and by the time I realized and started leaning back to slow down it shut down and pitched me off. Had I been more mindful of the soft push and slowed down sooner it could have been avoided.:smashfrea

I had another nosedive in my fave parking lot, a car zipped into a space I was heading for, I hit the skids, they stopped so I went forward to continue out of the way, accelerated too hard hit the nose down but rolled on the fangs and rode it out. I think fangs are a must have and should be standard equipment.:biggthump

THE PINTS ARE SHIPPING, how far out is your new obsession?🤩

I do love me some empty fresh paved parking lot for switch practice, undulating smooth trails are pretty nice too🤙

Edited by b0ardski

23 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

Getting some wonderful runs on the golf cart paths here...some great undulation and some nice steep pitches as well. Around 6.5 miles per trip on smooth poured concrete around sunset...put the app on my iPod  and great to be able to see battery capacity and miles per run...🏂😀

way prefer fresh asphalt to concrete with seams

• Like 1

I took Rollercarve (the board's name) up to the the ski hill (Schwietzer) yesterday and after a couple quick laps on the pavement in the village headed up the cat road that comes from the backside bowls. I was amazed how something soooo flat and booooring in the winter could be so challenging and gnarly in the summer. Went about 1/2 mile+ before the pitch got up to 15% with rutty rock and gravel when the board said phuqyou and pitched me off. I was expecting it and fully padded so no big.

Coming back down was gnarlier white knuckle gripped than going up fo sho but I was laughing all the way,

After that cruizing the paved roads around the condos and chalets was freekin awesome.

Went up the lift and rode around the ridge top and had a beer at the Skyhouse, battery was down to 24% and if I'd thought to bring the hypercharger I might have taken the ""easy"" way down the cat rd. glad I didn't because after charging it back up at home I had a flat tire from the sharp crushed granite on the roads and trails, walking down the mt. would've been a bitch carrying the beast.
As it was I got off the lift ride down and took off for the truck which was mostly downhill so I figured regen would get me there; the last 50yards was steep uphill and it started pulsing and gave mild pushback just as I got to the truck 16% battery left, don;t think I'd have gotten much further.

Edited by b0ardski

Well...got cocky and crashed...Hip contusion and Elbow ruptured Bursa sack and then infected so no golf for 3 days...probably good...I was starting to go faster and faster on my 7.2 mile lap in the evenings, wear a hemet only, elbow pads   perhaps and maybe knee pads in the future...73 and hitting the concrete at 10 miles an hour is not a good idea... All good though, the one wheel is an excellent way to stay in tune... 🌎👣

• Sad 1

Glad you're ok Bob, the onewheel body slam is a force to be reckoned with and happens faster than a switch heelside brainstem plant:smashfrea

I'm always fully padded, even wearing a soft home depot knee pad on the front hip since my 1st nose dive on a gravel road; wrist and elbow is usually the first thing to hit.

Have you thought about longer clubs so you can golf from the onewheel :eplus2: doubles as a selfie stick:biggthump

Edited by b0ardski

On 7/16/2019 at 7:33 AM, b0ardski said:

THE PINTS ARE SHIPPING, how far out is your new obsession?🤩

The dealer said mid-August. I'd have bought directly from FM but import taxes and shipping to Canadaland would add more than 25% of the cost.

Saw this poor kid eat it but took it like a trooper. Stay safe out there.

Edited by charliechocolate
for the life of me, i couldn't embed the thing

2 hours ago, bobble said:

the kid in video is lucky he didn't sprain or break his ankle.

wonder how many of these OW appear on ebay or craigslist?

"used only once"

lot's, with low miles, selling for near full retail:smashfrea because the pre-order pint delays are fueling demand😭

7 hours ago, charliechocolate said:

The dealer said mid-August. I'd have bought directly from FM but import taxes and shipping to Canadaland would add more than 25% of the cost.

Saw this poor kid eat it but took it like a trooper. Stay safe out there.

just watched that one before you posted, it happens fast and only takes an unseen hump in the pavement; no relaxed carving here, full battle pads may be sweaty and look dorky, but I'd rather be a blood free dork when I'm summer carving and hop back on with no issues.

It's not if but when!

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

I might have to back off that "no relaxed carving" thing

my fave fresh parking lot. totally empty. no traffic, 1st night time onewheel ride at 300 miles in.

Big 30 meter heel side carved circles, full arced backside bliss under the lights:1luvu:🤙--o--

P.S. The new toe hooks make deep carves way more stable

48449205041_f087f8719e_c.jpg

Edited by b0ardski

• 4 weeks later...

as summer carving becomes fall carving my off season carving jones has been cured, the remedy is expensive but oh so worth it

onewheel chores

48688645788_b666f0d692_o.jpg

potholes in the dark

48599829672_7b082fc97d_c.jpg

this is roller carve

48599703821_030531ebbf_c.jpg

and this is minicarve

48678194941_e93100aba1_c.jpg

2 beers to a full charge, thanks to Utara Brewing

48678366682_a843316bba_c.jpg

ps 525mi on XR in just over 2 months, 50mi on the Pint in 3 weeks

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got to ride an XR for a couple days thanks to float life in Sacramento. The footpads on the XR are only two inches wider and longer than the pint's but those two inches make a world of difference in making the XR feel like a cushy tank. I kind of want one now.

Edited by charliechocolate
  • Like 1

I bought the pint thinking I'd fly with it to sandy eggo, but i'm too afraid some tsa will hassle the hippy cause they didn't get laid last night:freak3:

So I shipped the XR to Oceanside today so I can surf the sand next week, after advice that the pint will only get 3mi of range in the sand.

"XR feel like a cushy tank"

The XR is way more stable on big, wide high speed carves

Edited by b0ardski
  • Thanks 1

saw that pack case on reddit but I really want to avoid the hassle of  taking it apart, the XR  no fly anyway. Shipping it there and back is still cheaper than renting one for 6days, and it has the mods, mines pretty custom.

the new ski in ski out homes on the side of Schwietzer have awwwwsome fresh pavement

spacer.png

Edited by b0ardski